User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

okay, i finally broke down and bought a pair. BUT, i used a friend's discount(cause i don't pay reg price).
    And I admit, I LOOOVE them. I have bad lower back pain, and now with standing on my feet all day, my back pain is significantly decreased.
    I highly recommend. But it does take some getting use to the silly look of them.
    A big upside to them, I AM NOW TALLER :LOL:
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

hmm, interesting. I kinda like that the shoes would make me taller. I am pretty tall for a woman in my area, 6 feet, but I love wearing heels. Its only lately that I have come to appreciate my tallness. I have been known to wear platform boots and shoes. At my wedding I wore three inch heels, so I was almost the same height as hubby .

I've been wondering about these shoes. They look interesting. I am wondering if they have caused anyone to have balance problems though with a lot of wear?
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

There was another thread about these last week too, Personally I've heard great things from people who've bought them. A lot of nurses are wearing them to work as well.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Did anyone just watch the Dr Oz show?
    The expert on there said that type of shoe makes you walk off-balance (and I'm thinking if you walk off balance, that probably affects your back?)...so he gave them a thumbs down!
    Glad I didn't rush out and buy a pair!
    Thanks. I think I'll pass on these too.

“For one bad night there are a thousand amazing nights” - Gavin DeGraw

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

These shoes are just a fad. I can't imagine they do anything at all. There is no easy solution to exercise and weight loss.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have a pair of Curves that I got from Avon. It felt a little odd for the first hour or so and I did notice immediately that different muscles were working, mostly the lower legs. I took a break from them the next day, then I wore them again and it was more comfortable. I like to alternate different heel heights regularly and this pair is now part of my regulars.

Also when I wear them I find I'm more conscious of my posture for whatever reason (and for my posture these days, that's a plus); is it the balancing? the new mechanics of walking? the height? lol
    With all the walking I do, I'm glad to add some leg toning to my day. I don't think I'd ever buy the Sketchers, but I do like my pair.
    AND like maddie2008, I love being taller!
    Last edited by Dee09; Sat, Jun 5th, 2010 at 03:51 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a pair too. I wanted to try them out to offset the cost of my custom orthotics ($500). I can't say that they've helped me lose weight. But, they definitely give the calf a workout and help with toning it. They have helped me slightly with my posture (not to the extent of my orthotics though). And they are very comfortable...so much so that I can walk around for 14 hours and my feet don't hurt (I've done it before!)

If you don't want to shell out the cash, Costco has an Avia version for $50.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've heard good things about those shoes.

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

For anyone wanting to get something similar, I was at Champs at the Reebok Easy Tone (same idea as Skechers Shape Ups) is on sale for $59.99 (reg. $109.99). They also have a B1G1 50% off sale going on right now.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

I have the Reebok runtones and they are great. I didn't like the look of the schetchers and the Reeboks were available at the outlets.
    Tania

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

IMHO I think these shoes are just a waste of money. I am starting to think people are only buying them because they think they're going to help them lose weight...not true!

Wanna lose weight?! Exercise and change your diet! Same thing with diet pills, just because you take 'em doesn't mean you can eat a bag of chips for supper and expect results!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I heard on the news yesterday about these and how they are marketing them to little girls. I found a site talking about it ... its not the exact piece I heard on the news but its on the same lines.

I can't believe the way they have marketed it to little girls. The ad includes young boys dressed in foods like hot dogs and sweets following a little girl around and a song that is telling the girls to stay fit ... have fun... in shape ups. However there is no brand or marketing for boys. Why are they just targeting girls to buy these shoes to stay fit? This is soooo one sided and I totally feel that this campaign will not help girls body image. Society is already bad enough with body image do we really need to start targeting 7 year old girls to be thin?

I have never been interested in this product for adults .... just because you wear special shoes wont make you lose weight or do whatever magic they clam to do. Just go buy regular runners and go for a walk. I am defiantly not going to buy these for my little girl either. Sketchers will now be banned in my home.

Edit: Forgot to attach the peice on the internet ... includes the video.
    http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderb...e-girls-video/
    Last edited by amommy; Wed, May 18th, 2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: add website

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I won a pair of skechers , I picked out a pair that I liked but I emailed them and told them of my back problems and that if they thought the pair I picked was not recommended I would be comfortable if they subsituited, they emailed me back and suggested 3 different types,one of them was the ones I liked, I can't recall the exact name . I hope I can go for walks longer than 10 mins, that would be nice.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

My mom was told to buy these for her back problems and all they caused were more problems! She wore them for about 8 months and went back to the doctor he took x-rays again and said it's getting worse so throw them out!

We called Sketchers and asked why this is the case after being told they would work and they said they are NOT good for people that already have back pain/problems! They are fabulous for people with good backs and will keep you back aligned properly while walking but they are not good for people with any back issues. Sheesh, that was over 100 bucks thrown out the window!

I really hope everyone here who has them enjoys them more than mom did LOL!
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't tried.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information