Tonight I headed over to the mall and saw a huge lineup in front of Satchel Shop...so I lined up for the heck of it, knowing I probably won't buy anything. Anyways, the lineup wasn't too bad and there were signs on the door that said "Closing Sale! 50% off regular prices". People in the lineup were so excited and were talking about the bags in the display window.

When I finally got in, I headed over to the LeSportSac bags, yes, even those were 50% off. But what surprised me is that the regular prices were now also 50% MORE than what they would regularly be.

How did I know what the bags were supposed to be priced at? Well...they kept the actual LeSportSac tags on the tag but they taped over the price on the actual tag and attached their own "Satchel Bags" price tag on top. Someone got to the bags before I did and ripped part of the sticker off. A bag that was priced at $125 was now selling at $195. Of course, the 50% came off the $195, which meant you were going to get the bag for $97.50. Which means that the actual "sale" was only about 22% off, not 50%.

After I saw this, I left the shop.

I then went home to go online to check up on a couple more bags/luggage prices and found that Satchel Shop had marked things up a good 30 - 50% for the sale.

So where there good deals to be had? Yes, if you don't shop around and don't know the prices. Afterall, it's a half-off sale. But if you shopped around and compared prices, you might find another store with a 25% sale that was even better than their 50% sale.