User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, I am writing here to relate a personal experience of how ridiculous the Logitech warranty is.

I bought a Logitech MX 3200 a little more than a year ago and it has a warranty of 5 years. The mouse started to have problem couple months ago as non-responsive. I called their Tech support on Nov 20th, they didn’t have any MX 3200 in stock and offered me other lower-end products for replacement. I chose to wait and was told they would call me back in 2 weeks. Two weeks went by and no call. I called Tech support today (Dec 6th) and learned that the product is discontinued. I raised my concerns that I don’t want the other lower-end products such as MK 700 (less features and mouse is not laser). I told the rep that I would like to stick to the MX series and I agreed to pay for the difference for MX 5500.

I got transferred to the Billing and told them that I would be happy to pay the difference between the MX 3200 and MX 5500. They claimed MX 3200 is not listed on its site, so they got the price quoted from Amazon.com for $84 and then turned around to tell me the MX 5500 is selling for $220 on their site which that is the difference I have to pay. I immediately pointed out the unfairness that MX 5500 is only selling for $130 on Amazon.com. They didn’t care about it even after I explained to them that this comparison makes no sense, they chose Amazon.com for price reference but refused accept the price of MX 5500 there. The Billing manager kept telling me that MX 3200 is a legacy product and this is how they do it, and he also tells me that I have to pay the shipping as well for the replacement.

I always thought Logitech make good products and their warranty is as good as their products. And I actually owned lots of Logitech products such as headphone, controllers, speakers, mouse and keyboard. Now, I found their both warranty policy and customer services are ridiculous and absurd. I can actually buy a new MX 5500 at a local store for the difference plus shipping they required as it goes on sale from $99 to $129 time to time.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so when they tried to downgrade you was there an offer of a partial refund to take care of the difference in price? Wow that's a horror story with logitech! Sorry you had such a bad experience!

We had logitech speakers about 8 years ago and they were defective - they kept blowing - we had a good cs guy and they sent replacement speakers twice at their expense - we didn't even have to send in the plug as proof

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No refund or anything, and they told me I have to cover the shipping as is against their policy not to charge me shipping....

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

that's awful! I hate it when a company won't back up their own products... makes me suspicious when customer service is lousy... they obviously dont value their customers!
    **I have recently moved, so please double check the addy before sending coupons! Thanks =)

Thread Information