User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to know about online ordering experiences from the US. I often see discounts offered on US sites and would like to know how customs/duties/taxes/shipping works out. In particular, I would like to order from NYX cosmetics. The experiences of SCers who order from ELF cosmetics and similar sites are particularly welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't ordered cosmetics but we have bought other stuff and BEWARE if they ship with UPS you can get dinged a lot for duty etc

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

NYX cosmetics will ship to Canada, but at a ridiculous price. They were going to charge $45 s/h for a $20 order. I had to use a US shipping address when I ordered during their big sale last time.
    ELF ships to Canada for approx $14USD. I didn't get charged duty and taxes because my order was under $20. You can find discount codes on *** that will help cut down the shipping costs.
    Strawberrynet.com is a cosmetics site based out of Hong Kong. I have bought from them quite a few times, and the products are all genuine. I bought mostly Stila, Benefit and Scott Barnes stuff from them. They offer free int'l shipping, and I haven't been charged duty on any of their packages even when they were over $20.
    Always make sure that the etailer that you are dealing with ship by USPS or their country's postal system. Do not go with anyone who insists on going with UPS. You will get dinged badly on their "processing charges"
    Last edited by Junerose; Tue, Dec 8th, 2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: the site for the discount codes was censored out!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, ladies. I think I'd stick to Ebay for my ordering, most sellers there usually have reasonable shipping..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinigal View Post
    Thanks, ladies. I think I'd stick to Ebay for my ordering, most sellers there usually have reasonable shipping..
    that's cool but like I said - watch out for UPS! We bought an ebay item and it was 85$ - they shipped ups and we found out at our door that we owed ups 45$ in processing fees and they would not give us the package until we paid it

Thread Information