User Tag List

Thread: x-box 360..?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am looking to buy a xbox 360 for my son this weekend...and I am totally confused about the different systems...Core, Pro, Premium, any other kinds??
    I want the one that will play old xbox games, but dont need "top of the line"..
    Can someone help explain this to me?
    Please post any good deals/sales you may have come across

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just bought one for my son a month ago so I think I can help!

Core model: Traditional white/offwhite console & accessories, no harddrive, WIRED controller, might include a few games, standard AV cable

Pro model: Traditional white/offwhite console & accessories, 20gb harddrive, WIRELESS controller, headset, might include a few games, HD component AV cable

Elite model: Black console & accessories, 120gb harddrive, WIRELESS controller, headset, HDMI output so you can use a HDMI cable (not available on any other model)

You just have to make sure you have a model with a harddrive if you want to play the old games(The core version does not come with a harddrive) Here's a link that explains it a bit and also provides a list of original titles that will work on the XBOX 360.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...patibility.htm

My son got Need for Speed Underground 2 for his birthday from a friend and I didn't realize it was a original XBOX game until he opened it. Luckily it worked on the XBOX 360 even though it's not on their compatibility list and I haven't done any updates through XBOX Live either.

I got the Pro Holiday Bundle from Futureshop for $499 and it came with 2 games. When they had the core model on their site it was $399 but I dont see it there anymore. The Elite version is $549

Here's 2 sites that show a few different configurations of the XBOX 360.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/subcla...EN&catid=23383

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/sub...EN&catid=23363

Just make sure you read the specs. It'll say what accessories each one comes with. You know better than I do what your wants/needs are. Personally I preferred the wireless controllers but it's definately an added expense whether you buy regular batteries, regular rechargables, the XBOX 360 rechargable battery pack, XBOX 360 battery pack charger, or XBOX 360 Play & Charge Kit.

I hope that helped!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks soo much...Im just a little behind in the gamer world

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shandadee View Post
    Thanks soo much...Im just a little behind in the gamer world
    No problem If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

IMPORTANT!!! Get the instore warranty!!!! XBOX 360 has close to a 100% breakdown and failure rate in the FIRST YEAR! Search out "3 Rings of Death" and you will see all the others who have had problems.

We bought one for my son last December 2006. In March 2006, it quit working. XBOX does warranty their products for 1 year(?-it keeps changing) Originally we were told that we would have to pay the shipping but then it changed and they sent us a box and they paid the shipping. Now I hear and read that you should ALWAYS get a store warranty and then you can just return it to the store and they will give you a new one. We bought ours at Best Buy and they said, "You are out of luck!"- (literally this is what they said to my son if you can imagine. A $500 unit breaks after 3 months and this is their response. Hmmm.... Do you think we'll ever shop THERE again??) I really wish we had bought at Microplay or Costco. They have great customer service.
    We have another one now but it is weird to me that this one could also break down within the year. Time will tell. I always thought in-store warranties were a scam but for this unit, I think it is a good idea as it is alot of money. Hopefully XBOX will work at improving their product.

bcteagirl
    Bestbuy was also very rude to a friend with a laptop that was defective.. she took them to small claims court and won..... beware of bestbuy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by shandadee; Mon, Nov 3rd, 2008 at 09:23 PM.

Thread Information