User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    Peekaboo Bottoms is located in Welland Ontario. They ship as well as have a store front.

http://www.peekaboobottoms.com/

Just wanted to spread the word on cloth diapering

Swaddlebee's Econappi was $38.00- Now $24.70

Swaddlebee's Mini Econappi was $27.00- $20.25

Bamboozle Fitted Diaper was $20.00- Now $18.00

Imse Vimse Organic Cotton Diaper Covers was $17.99- Now $13.99

Loveybums Fleece Covers was $24.40- Now $18.00

Loveybums Wool Covers was $34.00- Now $25.50

Woolly Bottoms Shorties was $26.95- Now $19.99

Blueberry Minky Pocket was $33.00- Now $24.00

FuzziBunz Perfect Size Diapers was $25.00- Now $22.50

Thirsties All-in-One Pocket was $20.00- Now $14.99

Blueberry Organic Hemp/Cotton Doubler was $8.00- Now $5.60

Loveybums Organic Wool Doubler was $7.00- Now $5.00

Swaddlebee's Ecoliner was $11.00- Now $7.15

Swaddlebee's Hemp Insert was $8.00- Now $6.80

Swaddlebee's Microfiber Insert was $4.50- Now $3.25

Swaddlebee's Mini Ecoliner was $8.00- Now $6.00

FuzziBunz Diaper Tote was $19.95- Now $14.99

**Also check out their clearance section for more great deals.

http://peekaboobottoms.com/clearance-items-c-73.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Thanks for the link!!!! Im going to add it to my favourites, hopefully I get pregnant by the end of the year, and we are planning on using cloth diapers!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good luck! You will love cloth. I always try to tell people that even though disposables haven't been around that long, they now take up 1/3 of landfills. They have no idea how long they will actually take to decompose, so imagine how bad it will be in 10 years, 20 years....

Trading Score
    12 (88%)

would love some info on cloth diapering.
    we currently use disposible
    would love your take on which ones to use..and which system would be less expensive!
    i'm pm'ing you !
    Please VOTE for my baby! DAILY!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Cool!!!!!!!!!!! I used fuzzi Bunz on my daughter for quite some time. she doing the other diapers/pull-ups now tho... hopefully it won't be long, lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nurserebecca View Post
    would love some info on cloth diapering.
    we currently use disposible
    would love your take on which ones to use..and which system would be less expensive!
    i'm pm'ing you !
    Yay good job momma!

Our main stash of diapers consists of bumGenius-one size pockets. These are waterproof shells that come with 2 inserts, you can adjust the absorbency but taking an insert out, or by adding more to absorb. We add a hemp or bamboo insert and use these for night. We love love these diapers, Never had poop blow out , I like one size for if we ever have any more babies plus they resell much better. The only thing that sucks is they are velcro, the kids learn to pull them off pretty fast, they get stuck on things (when I'm carrying my daughter to put her to bed if she has no pants on she gets stuck to my cloths and the diaper rips off when I put her down...ugh) plus velcro scratches their cute tummys. They are a bit expensive, about $25 each.

FuzziBunz also makes up a huge chunk of our stash. There are 2 kinds, the sized ones (small,medium,large,x large) or one size pocket diapers. Same concept-waterproof shell, you add your own inserts. I really like the new FuzziBunz Onesize-they come with 2 meaty inserts, so you can use them for night by adding a little more(if you need to) or use them as is, or take one out and use them during the day. These are also around $25

Both of those diapers are pretty much the best you can get for cloth diapering right now. (In my opinions)

A little bit of money, but they usually have a very high resale value, are high quality so if you ever have any more kids you will not need to re buy,unless you want to. It is always said that there are 2 ways of being convenient. While diapering, or while washing. These are super convenient, just like disposables while diapering. For washing you will need to pull out the insets and tuck the velcro on the sides so they don't all get tangled up.

The cheapest and easiest to wash, although the hardest to diaper with are prefolds. Just like the cloth diapers you were picturing from back in the day. Flat diapers that are "prefolded" in the middle to add absorbency. You need to fold these to fit your little nugget, we started out with these. I had more poop blow outs than I would like to admit, a lot of it from me not knowing entirely what I was doing, and some from it not being the best diaper at holding poop back. These are very very easy to wash, but much more work to put on a wiggling baby, they also take a long time to dry. These I think are around $4 each, not much of a resale value and don't hold up as well for baby number 2. You will need to buy covers separately as these are not waterproof.

There are also fitted diapers, which are diapers that are not waterproof. We do have a large amount of these, I got them off the internet, I love these diapers but am no longer buying from this lady or helping her out with business because of how she handles things. BUT you can find fitteds in every store , so cute but you will need to buy a cover. They are usually $15 to $25 I think.

I know it is a lot of money to spend, trust me, been there done that, almost lost my mind! hahah. I always tell people that yes it's quite a bit of money to start up, BUT no one has ever bought all the disposables they will need for their child's whole diapering time in one go. People do with cloth, or break it up into 2 or 3 buying chunks, that does seem like a lot of money, but it would be expensive for all the disposables as well. I did buy a lot more than I needed to, but have also resold some to pay for new ones and so on. We have so many that they all get evenly used and are still in great condition. The less you have the more they will be washed and worn, the more they wear down, the more you have the less they are worn and washed the better the hold up.

I just want to say to stay away from the ones in walmart, zellers, all those stores. Stick to cloth diapering stores. You really do get what you pay for.

Good luck with everything! If you need anything just let me know I'm always up for chatting about cloth. I'm sorry if I missed anything or made a million typos, trying to write this in chunks while BF our daughter. ;-)

Also, I don't know of any diaper stores in your area, I am sure there are some pretty good ones though.
    Last edited by Avery; Fri, Jan 22nd, 2010 at 10:39 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (88%)

wow..great information!
    many bumgenius diapers do you have? i change my DD about 6x a day? how many would you recommend buying?
    Please VOTE for my baby! DAILY!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just wanted to add that you can also order from Lisa at the Cloth Diaper Shop. She is located in St Catharines, and she will ship to you. One of the nicest girls ever. www.theclothdiapersop.com

Also make sure to check www.kijiji.ca , there is always diapers going up for cheaper than if you had to buy them new. If you are worried about someone else's bacteria you can get them cleaned from a diaper service. We just got our whole stash cleaned by Erin at Cotton Bottoms, also located in St Catharines. They came out looking awesome!! We always wash them ourselves at home but they were getting pretty stinky and our daughter was getting small rashes. http://www.cottonbottoms.biz/
    Last edited by Avery; Fri, Jan 22nd, 2010 at 10:54 AM.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

since we're on the topic of reusable stuff, i thought i would mention women should consider using reusable menstrual pads. yes, i know yucky. but you will be helping the environment and your wallet!

you can acutally make your own or buy them at etsy.com
    Follow me on Tumblr or Twitter!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would suggest around 15. That should get you by 2 days. You can mix up between what ever kind of diapers you want, or whatever you can afford in the beginning. You can get a few more, you usually change more often with cloth because the baby will feel wet.

Yes! and thank you about posting about reusable menstrual stuff. I use the DivaCup and love it. I hardly ever leak, plus you can put it in if you are one of those women who know when to expect it. It will not dry you out and I only have to empty it about 2 or 3 times a day. It's about $40 but pays for itself after 2 or 3 periods. PLUS the earth and all of us will totally e thankful. Even the people who think what we do is gross, your welcome, hahahahah We are helping to save your world.

http://www.divacup.com/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Interesting concept of buying cloth diapers...my mom used cloth diapers for both me and my sister. My mom used to make them from old clothing and she used something then to cover the diaper. With my sister, she used both disposable and cloth for the first little while as it was easier to use disposable ones during the night.

The one great benefit is obviously saving money but your child also learns to use the bathroom on their own much faster. It's definitely very uncomfortable having a wet cloth diaper and your baby won't like it and with a little training your baby will learn to let you know they need go before they actually go and you can take them to the bathroom . By the time they are sturdy walkers, you can then teach them how to use the toilet (you'll need to get the little ladders and the little toilet seat cover).

My sister and I stopped using diapers very early and learned how to use the toilet. Before we were two we no longer used diapers

So instead of buying cloth diapers you can just make your own, definitely saves you even more money
    PM me for referrals to survey sites that pay
    Earn with Swagbucks - Referral Link

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pink_panda View Post
    since we're on the topic of reusable stuff, i thought i would mention women should consider using reusable menstrual pads. yes, i know yucky. but you will be helping the environment and your wallet!

you can acutally make your own or buy them at etsy.com
    I considered that a couple times, but then once I was nearly 100% sure I would at least try it, I have yet to be in need of anything, reusable or not, haha. My body is odd.... but I got my daughter out of it and I don't plan on having another child for a long time, if ever, hehe.

Really like the idea of some of these reusable stuff for us ladies, tho!!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I totally agree with Avery! We took the cloth diaper route and that was the best choice for us. We still use disposables at night (just 1 a night), since our little guy gets all worked up when we try to change his diaper at night. Plus we had leakage issues, even with 2 inserts!

Bum Genuis one size is great! We bought the small fuzzi bunz and I was sad when he grew too long for them! We replaced out small fuzzi bunz stash with one size AMPs.

LOVE LOVE cloth diapers!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love this idea, but can any of you suggest resources for those of us who want to sew our own diapers? Can we buy patterns from some of those brands?

I did a quick google search, and it seems like there may be some patterns out there for about $13 per pattern, but I can't figure out which ones would work best?

http://verybaby.com/patterns/cloth-d...ewing-patterns

Thread Information