User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

awesome deal! and the mirror idea is neat.

sal
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

awesome! the mirror idea is neat!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ivysecord View Post
    TinkB,

WHAT?! When was the last time you had your eyes looked at?? In Ontario we can go every other year FREE (OHIP covers it!).
    WHAT?! It's been YEARS. No joke. The woman who booked my appointment said OHIP would NOT cover it and it's $105...

...my mom said it sounded fishy. She said she'd follow up for me. (She knows the doctor well.) Geez, Ivy. Thanks for this! Now, I'm going to make sure I don't get ripped off!

Thank you and thank you for this thread.
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

Save Save Save!
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

tinb you are not getting ripped off - OHIP dosen't cover it anymore unless you have an underlying medical condition that affects vision i.e. Diabetes

Save Save Save!
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Effective November 1, 2004
    Routine eye examinations provided by either an optometrist or physician, for patients aged 20 to 64 are no longer covered by OHIP. These individuals pay for this service or have the cost of examinations covered by private insurance.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/...p/eyecare.html

Eye Care Services Covered

• Changes do not affect seniors or those under age 20. People 65 years and older and under 20 will continue to have OHIP coverage for an eye examination once every 12 months.
    • Changes do not affect ophthalmology services for patients of any age with medical conditions or diseases affecting the eyes.
    • Persons receiving assistance under the Ontario Disability Support Program, Ontario Works or the Family Benefits Program continue to receive coverage for routine eye examinations once every two years.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lizzy --
    Thanks for the update on OHIP -- I had no idea! I suppose thats because I have a condition that affects the eye (strabisums).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ivysecord View Post
    TinkB,

WHAT?! When was the last time you had your eyes looked at?? In Ontario we can go every other year FREE (OHIP covers it!).

actually if your over 20 and under 65 it's NOT covered by OHIP any more no matter how many years you wait in between. Under 20, and over 65 it's covered annually.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by banana13 View Post
    actually if your over 20 and under 65 it's NOT covered by OHIP any more no matter how many years you wait in between. Under 20, and over 65 it's covered annually.
    So i've now heard...
    Thanks for letting me know.

I guess mine is covered because of a medical condition....

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Thanks guys!

My mom was confused because the doctor had told her that it would be covered...but he hasn't seen me since I was 20, so maybe he thinks I'm younger than I am. (I'm almost 24 now.)
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

thanks so much for the post ivysecord! my daughter begged and begged for contacts and we gave in. Now, fast forward a couple of years later, she's begging for glasses.

Even tho I know she should have both, we just couldn't afford both, but this way, if she finds a pair she likes, we might be able to do it!! So thank you, we'll be looking into this offer!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

eye exams are $50 most anywhere, no? I know some charge more, but the base fee whether it's walmart or an optometrist with an office is $50..

also, if you get glasses, how did you fill in the PD? pupillary distance... It doesnt say on your prescription.. and measuring it yourself is kinda iffy no?

Save Save Save!
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crazipanda View Post
    eye exams are $50 most anywhere, no? I know some charge more, but the base fee whether it's walmart or an optometrist with an office is $50..

also, if you get glasses, how did you fill in the PD? pupillary distance... It doesnt say on your prescription.. and measuring it yourself is kinda iffy no?
    The last eye examine I got was $80+ when I got my script I asked them for the PD number. For my moms glasses I called her optometrist and told them I was buying her the glasses and lived an hour away...they hesitated but they gave it to me. I think some places will charge you if you go back to get it after the initial visit.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

im curious to know...on the site it says lowest price guaranteed on contact lenses...it doesnt say anything about eyeglasses. im wondering if they will pricematch the eye glasses as well?
    Superpoints referral worth 50 POINTS! http://superpoints.com/bonus/eqyxp8
    happy halloween SC'ers

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They did price match for eyeglasses for us!!

I found my glasses there for $58... BUT... at lensway.com.... the SAME ones were $19.98. They matched and beat that price for us.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Thanks for the heads up, the glasses I wanted originally would have cost $142 but with price matching them from another site I will only end up paying $71 love it
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information