User Tag List

Page 36 of 182 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Like Tree1021Likes

Thread: If there is anything you do NOT like about SmartCanucks please let me know!

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    I disagree
    In the last 2 days, 4 people have been reported. I contacted all 4 and all 4 of them removed their banners and/or excessive referral links
    so reporting absolutely works.
    Not meaning to start an argument- but I know of one who has been reported by several persons and there appears to be no change in the excessive use of the privilige. Its quite obvious- so I don't feel like I'm airing out anything publically. Just stating the facts.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by missbobloblaw View Post
    Not meaning to start an argument- but I know of one who has been reported by several persons and there appears to be no change in the excessive use of the privilige. Its quite obvious- so I don't feel like I'm airing out anything publically. Just stating the facts.
    The thing is that it's two REFERRAL links which have a limit, there's no other limit in place for posting 100 general website links ... so ... if it's someone who truly has more than two REFERRAL links then please PM me the details

and i would prefer if we don't give any member names here ... like I said, PM me if necessary
    Last edited by itsjustmebub; Wed, Jan 20th, 2010 at 09:38 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    The thing is that it's two REFERRAL links which have a limit, there's no other limit in place for posting 100 general website links ... so ... if it's someone who truly has more than two REFERRAL links then please PM me the details

and i would prefer if we don't give any member names here ... like I said, PM me if necessary
    There is another limit in place..

Clarification: Two referrals is TWO referrals. It does not mean you get to type in the name of a third or fourth site you belong to below it, even if it's not a link.
    It's obvious who everyone has been referring to.. and in their current signature they cite other sites.. Lockerz, LifeClickz.......... <!-- GAL -->
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

Trading Score
    324 (100%)

I love this forum, it's absolutely awesome.

However, I'd like to know why I never receive any reply to emails sent to you Boo?
    Should I take this personal, or is it happening with other people?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Tonight well attempting to deal with something I discovered something I really disliked thats currently on SC.

When I go to a MODS page to send them a private message I DON'T LIKE seeing another Mods message making fun of people and stating "I hate that thread".
    While reading her other posts its really not hard to figure out that she is talking about this thread.

I thought making fun of other people on here wasn't going to be tolerated? Yet here is a Mod doing it multiple times. She may of not named people but a lot of people on here could take it as directed at them. And this isn't the first time I've heard/witness this Mod doing it.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn View Post
    There is another limit in place..

It's obvious who everyone has been referring to.. and in their current signature they cite other sites.. Lockerz, LifeClickz.......... <!-- GAL -->
    There is a thread that has been stickied, posted by a mod with this exact concern, not putting text into your signatures for additional (after 2) referrals. Perhaps the rules should be outlined better, or maybe EVERYONE needs to be on the same page.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am really confused. I have searched the rules (all found here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/37289-s...mation-canada/)on "referral links" and read them over and over and over. I didn't think I was breaking any rules.

I couldn't find an acutal definition of a referral link in the rules of Smart Canucks. I was under the impression that a referral was a link to send someone to a site to join/sign up/etc. and the person who referred them would gain some sort of credit/money/prize/etc. for referring someone else to join. Because of this, I understand why Boo has the rule being a max of 2 (which is very nice of him!).

I have 3 links in my signature. They are links to personal sites of mine. I won't gain anything from you going to them. The past few days I am getting personal messages from people telling me how I am breaking rules on referrals, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jenlively49 View Post
    I would love to see people with more then 2 referral links, have the courtsery to remove them themselves

People had problem's with pics in signy, as you see mine is gone. There are people who are reading and posting on this thread and still not respecting what people have to say, plus it is a RULE of SC no more then 2 referral links, to clarify a referral link is something that you have in your signy that can be clicked on, however if you were smart enough to hyperlink it, I'm sure you know it is a referral link.

Woah, you'd think I was having a bad day or some thing
    The quote above I am assuming is somewhat towards me (as well as many others I'm sure) because she reminded me in my rep that I can only have 2 referrals.

Way back at the beginning of this thread, signature rules were brought up. I wasn't sure what they were so I asked:

Quote Originally Posted by meguwo View Post
    What are the signature rules? Am I breaking any? If I am I didn't know about any rules- if there are rules I think they should be clearly pointed out when you go to edit your signature!
    I was NEVER told that I was doing anything wrong? I figured by asking this, that Boo or a mod or someone would point out anything wrong with my signature.

Today, I log into SC and I have rep from someone reminding me and 3 private messages from other people telling me to take a referral link out?

I apologize if a referral link means ANY link. But, if it does I suggest changing the rules to no more than 2 links in a signature. Being new to forums, in general, I didn't know that linking you to my twitter page was a referral.

I am not making any money or anything by you clicking my links, I am not asking you to sign up, or join so that it will benefit me financially in any way.

Also, I think that there should be more rules on signatures if so many people are upset by photo size/font size/etc. The rules for signatures as found on the above link, only really bring up referral links.

Some people were I guess upset about my previous signature (I have deleted 50% of it) because it was taking up too much space I guess. But, this was never addressed when I asked if it was okay before.

It's funny though because my signature was still smaller than a lot of other member's sigs with large scale photos in them. I am sure though, that they have been reported (if mine was).

If there is going to be text/font/photos rules for sizing/spacing, etc. it should be clearly stated so this doesn't have to happen.

Also, if you really hate pictures in signatures or lots of text or something, please just turn them off. I mean I personally don't care. I think it's better to turn them off then to personally point it out to someone. Or tell a mod to tell someone- that's their job. I would NEVER pm another member and tell them their photo is too big and they should size it down.

I hope none of this came out in a rude way because that is not my intention. I just want to point it out because a lot of the posts in this thread are for signature related issues.

With more clarified signature rules, and the rules being posted where you edit your signature this can hopefully be overcome for future problems

Megan

*I want to point out that if I missed any rules I apologize, I was only looking through the welcome to SC thread with all of the rules in it- the above link in this post*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Megan, it doesn't matter if you are making money off of it. Your Twitter/kijiji/facebook are considered referal links. So yes, you do have 3 there.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meguwo View Post
    I couldn't find an acutal definition of a referral link in the rules of Smart Canucks. I was under the impression that a referral was a link to send someone to a site to join/sign up/etc. and the person who referred them would gain some sort of credit/money/prize/etc. for referring someone else to join. Because of this, I understand why Boo has the rule being a max of 2 (which is very nice of him!).

I was NEVER told that I was doing anything wrong? I figured by asking this, that Boo or a mod or someone would point out anything wrong with my signature.

I apologize if a referral link means ANY link. But, if it does I suggest changing the rules to no more than 2 links in a signature. Being new to forums, in general, I didn't know that linking you to my twitter page was a referral.

Also, I think that there should be more rules on signatures if so many people are upset by photo size/font size/etc. The rules for signatures as found on the above link, only really bring up referral links.

Also, if you really hate pictures in signatures or lots of text or something, please just turn them off. I mean I personally don't care. I think it's better to turn them off then to personally point it out to someone. Or tell a mod to tell someone- that's their job. I would NEVER pm another member and tell them their photo is too big and they should size it down.
    I agree with you that signature rules should be laid out better, like I said earlier in the thread, when you go to edit your signature, there should be a message there specifying what is allowed in signatures. Clearly, it is not clear enough and this is a problem because people continue to have lengthy signature links and other people keep getting annoyed about it.

Also about turning off signatures so that you don't have to see them. I can see this being a last resort option, and I personally have a long list of people on ignore because of their signatures.

As for actual rules about signature lengths, this was posted earlier
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/99418-r...ght=signatures

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/112845-...ght=signatures

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/25928-i...-links-canada/

I feel like a broken record, this is all I am saying about the topic.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    Megan, it doesn't matter if you are making money off of it. Your Twitter/kijiji/facebook are considered referal links. So yes, you do have 3 there.
    Ok, well its funny that it being pointed out now when I asked about it before and it wasn't a big deal, lol.

I think Boo needs to change the rules to no more than 2 links in your signature.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I agree with you that signature rules should be laid out better, like I said earlier in the thread, when you go to edit your signature, there should be a message there specifying what is allowed in signatures. Clearly, it is not clear enough and this is a problem because people continue to have lengthy signature links and other people keep getting annoyed about it.

Also about turning off signatures so that you don't have to see them. I can see this being a last resort option, and I personally have a long list of people on ignore because of their signatures.

As for actual rules about signature lengths, this was posted earlier
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/99418-r...ght=signatures

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/112845-...ght=signatures

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/25928-i...-links-canada/

I feel like a broken record, this is all I am saying about the topic.
    , I read all of those links. I just though that a referral link was for rewards program and not a personal site- which makes sense why Boo would implement that.

Quoting Amberlab from the link above "I am noticing an occurrence of some people posting more than the allotted two referral links in their signatures. I realize there are lots of enticing reward programs, but please scale it back to the two that you prefer. Thank you for your cooperation. "

This is why its confusing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tonight well attempting to deal with something I discovered something I really disliked thats currently on SC.

When I go to a MODS page to send them a private message I DON'T LIKE seeing another Mods message making fun of people and stating "I hate that thread".
    While reading her other posts its really not hard to figure out that she is talking about this thread.

I thought making fun of other people on here wasn't going to be tolerated? Yet here is a Mod doing it multiple times. She may of not named people but a lot of people on here could take it as directed at them. And this isn't the first time I've heard/witness this Mod doing it.

I find this odd reading this from you considering the fact that you didn't sound like a peace maker to me, (on my thread :What I got when I became a Plus Member )

First off I NEVER said you said you were going to call....AS I STATED:"They won't do anything before as other people have suggest."

And I'm not getting it? I'm not the one that apparently didn't get it in the first place and asked a self explanatory question in which I tried to be helpful. But don't worry I'll just skip over any of your other threads in the futre.<!-- GAL -->

---------------

I think people should really just take a step back from what they read and not take it so personal.... I don't even mind the sigs and the referrals and the links etc (most of the time I don't see them because I focus my eyes on the words).... I would rather have the mod's work on website improvements or deal searching/ promoting etc... And I don't think us patrolling each other is healthy... Don't get me wrong, I understand that there are rules etc, but I also understand that 100% of the rules can't be followed 100% of the time, especially if there are ways it can be broken (the ablity to do more sigs, referrals etc )... This is just my opinion..feel free to attack...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

ahhh sampler I see that you forgot to include your rude post that was completely directed at me BEFORE I posted that to you.
    THEN you apologized and yet you have brought it into THIS thread now.
    Apparently you're the one that likes to attack and keep going on about this.

Sorry to disappoint you...but you're just not worth it. I TRIED to help you, its not my fault you couldn't understand basic english.
    Last edited by sarajk; Thu, Jan 21st, 2010 at 12:18 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think people should really just take a step back from what they read and not take it so personal.... I don't even mind the sigs and the referrals and the links etc (most of the time I don't see them because I focus my eyes on the words).... I would rather have the mod's work on website improvements or deal searching/ promoting etc... And I don't think us patrolling each other is healthy... Don't get me wrong, I understand that there are rules etc, but I also understand that 100% of the rules can't be followed 100% of the time, especially if there are ways it can be broken (the ablity to do more sigs, referrals etc )... This is just my opinion..feel free to attack...
    I like to follow the rules, I don't want to be the member everyone hates. I didn't know about the referral rule and I think its mean for some people to personally attack me (privately) about it. I am not a rule breaker, I like to be peaceful. Once I found out that a referral link was the same as any link I immediately changed my signature. I hope I wasn't the one everyone was referring to in this thread.... eek! I would never intentionally put 3 referral links in my signature. I was just under the impression that it was a 'swagbucks' or 'locerkZ' (etc.) link or something like that. I just post my twitter and facebook because I am a very social person, who likes talking to new people and making new friends

My siggy is now small and mimimal, so hopefully I won't be receiving anymore 'hate mail' lol.

Let's be friends!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ahhh sampler I see that you forgot to include your rude post that was completely directed at me BEFORE I posted that to you.
    THEN you apologized and yet you have brought it into THIS thread now.
    Apparently you're the one that likes to attack and keep going on about this.

Sorry to disappoint you...but you're just not worth it. I TRIED to help you, its not my fault you couldn't understand basic english.
    I included the Thread title in the post so that the Mods can clearly see the history of our conversation...

I felt the need to say something considering it sounded like you were accusing a Mod of being hateful...

Page 36 of 182 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread Information