User Tag List

Page 53 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Like Tree1021Likes

Thread: If there is anything you do NOT like about SmartCanucks please let me know!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There is a function so that you can turn off other people's pictures in their threads so that you don't have to view them and you will only see text in the posts.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    There is a function so that you can turn off other people's pictures in their threads so that you don't have to view them and you will only see text in the posts.
    thank`s Patty, i didn`t know that function, you're my fav Irish person !

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There is another option to consider if you wish to continue viewing pics.

If you find that someone's post upset you take advantage of the Ignore List and hide that poster completely
    The only question I cannot answer... why?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i think they are very selective about what they will allow on SC.
    it's supposed to be nothing lewd, crude or rude. that is overlooked sometimes.
    if you have a frank way of talking, then you're outright threatened in a thread by a controlling mod.

thanks for sharing your view

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Maybe I'm weird but I find the Irish thread fun and funny =) No offense to me.

I feel sometimes people are too 'sensative' or take things out of context sometimes but meh that's the way the world works.

I just ignore it and go about my day

♥♥♥ you ALL!

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Mia, I admire your courage to speak out about this. I feel that it may have been better posted under the thread that you are responding to (What do you like/not like about SC) in order to avoid the confusion that you are singling out anyone.

I am probably guilty of the "nudie" pics. I had a pin up photo shoot and I am very proud of how my pictures turned out. I think my images suggest nudity and that may be offensive to some. I have showed my pictures to my family and friends, my co-workers and a few strangers too!

One way to deal with this might be just to let the poster know that their images or words make you feel uncomfortable. I would like to think that most SCer's would at least offer an apology for unintentionally offending you.

I wouldn't expect them to remove the post though unless they were asked to by BOO, because ultimately it is his forum and as long as he isn't uncomfortable with what is posted on here, the rest of us will just have to accept that it is to each their own.

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Mia i'm sorry your upset but i like the Irish thread and i am irish and i am not offeneded by it at all i think it's funny

Karen
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I've seen some stuff on here that I didn't like... some of what popped up in the 'dirty pictures' thread was nasty IMO ... but I just skip over it. I come here for the coupon threads, not so much the social threads... otherwise I'd be here all day. LOL
    Always looking for reasonably healthy food coupons, non-dairy products, and friendly cleaners (esp Method brand).

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

how come I never see the nude pics?

now seriously..I think if something is offensive to a member they should talk to a mod and/or boo about it and they should decide what to do, like it was said..boo basically has the final word..it's his forum.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    ...and i`m still up for a cup of tea with averyone....though i think no one whould dare as i told my thoughts>
    I would share a cup of tea with you any day of the week

I admire your courage for posting this. Its not alsways the *popular* thing to go against the current. Even if you posted in the don't like thread, I'm afraid you would have been greeted with the same comments, sans thumbs down
    Last edited by blackpup; Wed, Mar 10th, 2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: removed the extra rolled eyes

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    I sometimes come across posts that are not to my taste, I simply skip over them & make a mental note to not bother going back to that thread. With so many other things to read on SC, skipping a few threads here & there is no big deal.

What I've found annoying lately is that there seems to be more criticism of others' posts lately. I had one individual want me to edit my post because she didn't like the way it was formatted.
    Same

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No, I don't think SC is taking a wrong direction, not at all.

But we each have our own feelings and viewpoints on topics, jokes, pictures, etc.
    So we decide individually what to read, what to comment upon, what to skip, when to bite our tongue or silence our fingers....
    One site can't be everything to everyone.... there are SO many people on here for so many different reasons.
    If I come across a pic which I don't like, well, I just scroll on by it... sometimes wondering maybe why someone thought it okay to post, but not always... there are different levels of good taste, and what people find acceptable. Suggestions of nudity are not the same thing as , for gosh' sake. As to what words are acceptable - well, I think that's up to the site moderator, isn't it? I don't want to read profanities, either. As for jokes and comments; crudeness and innuendoes - well, it's hard to transmit humour or sarcasm sometimes with the written word, not everyone 'gets' a joke the same way!

Again, it's our choice to read a thread, or a post, or not. Sometimes skipping something which we know will bother us is a good thing - or sometimes it's good to read through it, see what others are thinking, and expand our world view a bit - even if we don't agree with it.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Mia if you find naked pictures or something highly offensive please pm me and I can look into it. I hope your not referring to us joking about vajazzling, it was just jokes thats all.

Anyways I am kind of shocked to see this post, please pm me with links to the naked pictures. I haven't even been in some of these threads people are talking about. Just because Im a mod doesnt mean I visit and see everything. Report post button or a pm please.

As for people correcting other grammar sp, sometimes people are being really rude about it and its not nice. Someone on the Q thread did it to me last week, I just ignored them though, but it was really rude.
    Last edited by Sally888; Wed, Mar 10th, 2010 at 12:24 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

um.. ... I think I'll just google 'vajazzling' instead of asking what it means lmao!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

anyways Im going to merge this with boo's what do you not like about smart canucks because this thread is hurting a lot of feelings on both sides.

Page 53 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread Information