User Tag List

Page 68 of 182 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2721
Like Tree1021Likes

Thread: If there is anything you do NOT like about SmartCanucks please let me know!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I'd like to know just what would have to be done to get a member thrown off SC, or banned, or even chastised...

There have been some very icky incidents since this year began - not just the current one any readers might be thinking of - which have meant 'nice' members have stopped coming on SC, or are on less frequently, or just wary - because they don't like the bullying, stalking, etc. which has gone on.
    Oh no.
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I'd like to know just what would have to be done to get a member thrown off SC, or banned, or even chastised...
    I, too, would like to know this.

On one of the threads, some horrible remarks were made, absolutely vicious attacks on another SCer. A temp ban was issued to one poster, a "permanent" ban to another. The permanently banned individual made rather disparaging remarks about SC on another forum (& was eventually banned from there for the nasty remarks). Then this individual "begged" Boo for permission to return, which was granted. As a result a couple of lovely SCers have left this forum. So far this individual is behaving, but I wonder if it`s only a result of not having anyone to attack (the others on the thread ignore nonsense, which is what all folks should do in these situations - when someone`s looking for attention, the worst thing one can do is indulge them).

The one thing I have found (& forgive me for being sexist) is that females are allowed a lot more leeway to insult than males on most forums. Guess our tongues slice more sharply than those of males.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

The one thing I have found (& forgive me for being sexist) is that females are allowed a lot more leeway to insult than males on most forums. Guess our tongues slice more sharply than those of males.
    So true. Including this forum.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    I, too, would like to know this.

On one of the threads, some horrible remarks were made, absolutely vicious attacks on another SCer. A temp ban was issued to one poster, a "permanent" ban to another. The permanently banned individual made rather disparaging remarks about SC on another forum (& was eventually banned from there for the nasty remarks). Then this individual "begged" Boo for permission to return, which was granted. As a result a couple of lovely SCers have left this forum.
    Wow. Sounds like I missed a lot of drama!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I would suggest mass pming the mods and Boo about who specifically and the issues at hand.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quite some time ago, the idea of moving things to the local sections was asked by me and considered by members of a couple of active and thriving "local" threads. They preferred to stay where they were instead of being moved to their appropriate local section, so I respected their wishes and I left them alone.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you'll be fine as long as you agree that the stores are always wrong, and the customers are always right. Every complaint about a cashier is right, the poster couldn't possibly have been wrong. As long as you don't deviate from that view you are find, free to post anything you want to. Heck there is a thread titled "you can post anything you want to". But if you suggest the store was right and the poster was wrong...watch out, the lynch mob is out to get you! But what I really don't like is boo promising over and over he'll pay out the cash back and contests for the last 2 years then disappearing and never doing it!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wigglesmom View Post
    you'll be fine as long as you agree that the stores are always wrong, and the customers are always right. Every complaint about a cashier is right, the poster couldn't possibly have been wrong. As long as you don't deviate from that view you are find, free to post anything you want to. Heck there is a thread titled "you can post anything you want to". But if you suggest the store was right and the poster was wrong...watch out, the lynch mob is out to get you! But what I really don't like is boo promising over and over he'll pay out the cash back and contests for the last 2 years then disappearing and never doing it!
    *YAAAAAAAAAAAWN* and oh yes also *EYEROLLLLLLL*

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I would suggest mass pming the mods and Boo about who specifically and the issues at hand.

Thanks, I did.

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

I'm just wondering if any more suggestions from this thread are going to be implemented. For example, I would still like more space in the Trade List and Wish List section on the "About Me" page - my trade list is missing about 50 lines, and barely 1/4 of my wish list fits there. Is this too difficult, not high enough priority or is there not enough need for it? I didn't go too far back in the thread, but I know I'm not the only one who suggested this:

Quote Originally Posted by QP GIRL View Post
    I love this site so much-and check it daily. The only problem I've had is not enough space in the coupon section to put my entire list of coupons to trade. Recently discovered that as I was entering more coupons, the bottom end of my coupon list was vanishing. It took me awhile to figure out what must be happening, lol. Do you think it would be possible to allow extra space in this area, or do you have some suggestions on how to condense my list. Thanks.
    Just curious if anyone is still following this thread
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Smart Canucks is the most amazing site I have ever used online! I refer anyone who asks me about how to get deals to your site.

About a year ago I was new to this site and just read posts without signing up...felt a bit intimidated by the site/experts/my lack of knowledge on deals.

I am wondering whether some newbie section for those new to saving money would help that would explain things like "what is coupon stacking?" "what are the benefits to signing up for Smart Canucks? versus just auditing the website? etc. etc. I think I am still learning each day what this site offers it has so much!

I also visit other websites about Deals and find that tips/tricks are not as easily accessible here for someone trying to learn. They are there if you read through the blogs, forums and spend tons of time navigating around etc.

A "Smart Canucks for Dummies Please!!!"

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Contests section comments -

Could there please be some sort of division between 'regular' contests and those for blogs, facebook, and twitter? - the latter three are in a very different category.

Please, also, make sure people put in the TITLE of the thread if it's one of those three kinds of contests - otherwise, I find I waste so much time clicking on a contest which sounds interesting, only to find out it's for a blog, facebook or twitter - ways I don't want to enter contests usually.

Also wondering why people repost every day on contest pages that they entered again that day, and do it day after day.....? It's different if you have a comment to add, or discovered something new, or are reporting a win, then by all means, post more!

Thanks to whomever takes the time to read this -

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Also wondering why people repost every day on contest pages that they entered again that day, and do it day after day.....? -
    3 reasons for me

1.) Reminds me I entered the contest
    2.) More Candy
    3.) More Posts

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Could there please be some sort of division between 'regular' contests and those for blogs, facebook, and twitter? - the latter three are in a very different category.

Please, also, make sure people put in the TITLE of the thread if it's one of those three kinds of contests - otherwise, I find I waste so much time clicking on a contest which sounds interesting, only to find out it's for a blog, facebook or twitter - ways I don't want to enter contests usually.

Also wondering why people repost every day on contest pages that they entered again that day, and do it day after day.....? It's different if you have a comment to add, or discovered something new, or are reporting a win, then by all means, post more!

Thanks to whomever takes the time to read this -

My huge thing is to bump it lots of times I go back and it is on page 3 I know I should just put it in my fav's but don't always reamber

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by feetfrown View Post
    3 reasons for me

1.) Reminds me I entered the contest
    2.) More Candy
    3.) More Posts
    Thanks! I just bookmark contests, unless I have something to add to the original posting.

Page 68 of 182 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast

Thread Information