User Tag List

Page 20 of 182 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast
Like Tree1021Likes

Thread: If there is anything you do NOT like about SmartCanucks please let me know!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by calgarymama View Post
    So, to get things back on track, I wonder if other newbies would find my suggestion of having all the "how to's" for newbies located in one place, maybe placed at the top of the main forum page. What do people think?

I think my suggestion kind of got lost in all the brou-ha-ha

PS - I love SC, and think the mods do an awesome (and often thankless) job!

Oh please, oh please, that would make things SOOO much easier. I know there are threads out there, but you have to hunt for them, and they aren't always where you think they should be. It has taken me awhile to get a handle on how the site works, and what certain acronyms are (BIG thank you to for her post!)

Boo - In regards to a previous post by me (and someone else, sorry can't recall there name) about peoples provinces. Some profiles don't show that information, and I think that is what our problem is.
    No major complaints, just small things Once I got the hang of this place, I became an addict. Keep up the great work!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by missbobloblaw View Post
    Thanks! It gives a basic (slightly outdated) rundown of the general idea...
    I want to know what it takes to get hearts...or different coloured stars...I've seen a mixture of both, and post count,time as a member, etc seem to not apply towards what they mean...
    I agree I think it is a great document and probably took a massive amount of work, but could use a bit of updating and merging with other great threads out there like 's acronyms thread, which has helped me a lot
    2011 Coupons Used: $374.00
    2010 Coupons Used: $2142.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trucks12trucks View Post
    I might be wrong but here goes...the Green tabs () or the stars are collected from getting reputations ( reps that other members give to you based on your post/to say hi/ etc etc using the White Cloud like button <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbrep_register("1638775")</SCRIPT>

Once you get enough of the green tabs you get a star..once you have a said number of blue stars..you get a one?...then a certain number of pink ones to get a heart?
    There are probably a few more star colours along the way
    I think some of the confusion comes from some members having only dark green tabs and also stars, whereas other members have dark green tabs, followed by bright green tabs, then yellow tabs, then stars. So it doesn't always seem to be a linear progression from the different coloured tabs to stars

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

I'm still waiting for my answer to the question I asked before all of the drama. Even Boo asked if anyone else has this problem. Does anyone? Please help!

Originally Posted by anner2050
    I like that the quick reply in your inbox is gone now, so now you know what the response has to do with. But, I do have a complaint. It is that I just noticed today that I now don't have the option to move a message to another file like I used to be able to. Now it seems that I can only delete it. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh
    maybe it was part of the quick reply feature... is anyone else having this problem?
    Join me on swagbucks, and get an envelope worth $50 when you earn your first 100 swagbucks.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/anner2050

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

One of the features that I really enjoy is the Local tab. Just wondering, is there a way to mark posts as expired in this forum? Alternately, could there be a drop down expiry date menu when posting something new, like there is in the coupon forum?

Other than that question, thanks to all for making SC a very practical and enjoyable site.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anner2050 View Post
    I'm still waiting for my answer to the question I asked before all of the drama. Even Boo asked if anyone else has this problem. Does anyone? Please help!

Originally Posted by anner2050
    I like that the quick reply in your inbox is gone now, so now you know what the response has to do with. But, I do have a complaint. It is that I just noticed today that I now don't have the option to move a message to another file like I used to be able to. Now it seems that I can only delete it. Am I doing something wrong?
    Oh
    maybe it was part of the quick reply feature... is anyone else having this problem?
    Yep - I am having the same issue. When I go to the drop-down menu on the bottom far right of the page showing my pm's, I can only delete, mark as read or unread. There is no option to move to different folders, even though I have a few folders set up (pending trades, completed trades). Unless I am missing something - does the option to move a pm to a folder exist somewhere else on the page

Trading Score
    355 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by calgarymama View Post
    Yep - I am having the same issue. When I go to the drop-down menu on the bottom far right of the page showing my pm's, I can only delete, mark as read or unread. There is no option to move to different folders, even though I have a few folders set up (pending trades, completed trades). Unless I am missing something - does the option to move a pm to a folder exist somewhere else on the page

At the top there is a jump to folder dropdown,the other folders are in there.If you want to move a message to a folder,mark the message,hit move folder,and move to the one you want.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jmalias View Post
    I wish people would only post things that add to the conversation.
    I wish the mods could automatically delete any post less than 10 characters that includes the words "Thank You"

Please and Thank You
    I also disagree.

Some of us post "thanks" in a contest thread to help keep track of which contests we entered, so deleting short posts in the contest thread would mess up a great system.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BOO111 View Post
    At the top there is a jump to folder dropdown,the other folders are in there.If you want to move a message to a folder,mark the message,hit move folder,and move to the one you want.

Thanks BOO111 - it worked! I'm still such a newb anner2050 - does this work for you?

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julyprincess View Post
    Awesome job Boo! However I do have one suggestion:

Option to search members profile pages (in the case I want to leave them a note or view their tradelist) - Maybe this option is available and I don't know. For example, say I wanted to read a profile for a certain member and only knew their SC name, where would I type this so that I am taken to their profile page? I know I can click on "Member's List" and throw 100s of pages, but is there a quicker way?

Other than that, love the site!!! (Unless of course I come up with something else )
    Click on Members List -> Select Search Members then type the name in to search, when the search results are displayed click on the username to get to the profile page.

Welcome to SC, if you have any other questions, PM me and I'll try to help without it getting lost in this thread.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

coupon convert
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Agreed that the overall forum organization could be tweaked. Maybe this is my bias from experience at other forums, but I have never understood why you post these announcements in the Shopping Deals and Flyers forum, Boo. (maybe because it's the one with the highest traffic?)

I think any important announcements (like the cashback situation) should be stickied at the top of ALL forums, if possible. [ETA: I see this thread looks like it's stickied everywhere; is it possible to sticky more than one thread in all forums?]
    All announcements from you, site rules, FAQ, list of mods should go in their own subforum, located first at the top for easy reference.

Question - will people who posted in the Boxing Day forum be compensated only if you responded in the thread? (E.g. not all the posts, while approved, qualified for payment?) I posted a thread that was approved, did not have any response from you (it was posted quite close to Christmas, 23rd or 24th I think), and I'm not sure if that's because it didn't include an actual flyer (because there wasn't one) or another reason. Since the whole forum is gone, I can't go back and check if you said it was only for flyers or general boxing day deals - thanks.
    Last edited by icedtea; Wed, Jan 13th, 2010 at 11:30 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have complaint....We need more americans. I want to trade for American Coupons dang it; & Ns's. Not that any one could ever take her place but maybe she should give online tutorials. For a fee of course.

Miss and love you all
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/signaturepics/sigpic24297_2.gif
    http://pureromance.com/index.aspx?cnsltID=36112

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

I HAVE A PROBLEM!! I have been trying to get this issue resolved since DEC or earlier and I have emailed you personally BOO and also Amberlab who said she would email you. Other people also have had problems with this, when I start a new thread and then try to save it .. somehow during the save it deletes half of what I had just typed - and even if i go to edit something, it will make wierd spaces between what I just typed, its awful, I can't host a train and update it without it going all wierd in the thread.. can u please PLEASE fix this issue.. I also noticed this happen to sanrio today as well .. that he noticed things were missing after he saved it
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

also .. when I search a persons name and I type it a little off from what their user name is. it doens't always find them

also the email area where we use the email i wish it was a little easier to save messages .. maybe by persons name so all communication with a certain user is under their name.. somehow so its easier for us to keep track when we do trades and trains.

also what is my ID to refer people I can't find that either and I do go to the right area as people have sent me to where I go and i can't find it.. I have 100
    s who want to join this site, but without my referal ID i am not making any $ from it!
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kotasmommy View Post
    I will leave SC...but not because you asked me to, because I want to...because of mods like Sally who get away with whatever they like with no consquenses. Because no one but Boo can be right.
    I just wished I got as much support on this thread as I did on reps and pm's, but then again look what voice your opinions does for you...right.
    And sorry to anyone who tried to support me on this thread, because now that Sally has you in her sights, it won't be long before you gone as well.
    It's all sad. I noticed that it's so much easier to not disagree with anyone. If you don't agree, then keep it to yourself-just a reminder to myself. . I don't want to be banned.

Page 20 of 182 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread Information