User Tag List

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

From all of my experiences, i've only found a small handful of reps to be friendly, nice and not stuck up. They treat you real well if you're buying something but if they know your not and are only after freebies theyre not so nice anymore...
    hence i've always avoided asking for freebies from department store counters unless i'm buying something...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ve had a similar experience. I find the way your dressed has a big impact on the way you are treated. Whet to a store one time in jogging pants and old tee, and i was practically treated like a criminal. Went to the same store another day (had the same REP) and i was very dressy and make up on and she treated totally different. Never went back to that store again.MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i really don't think it matters they just don't really want to work just stand there i think! it's not just you.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Don't worry! It's not just you! Most of them are real..uh...meanies! But there are some who are nice, but these ones are kind of hard to find.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

mean people DO suck!

Kara
    A lot of them are snooty... I remember one time, a SDM rep dared to try & give me grief bc I used a lipstick that wasn't a tester... there was no tester, & it's up to them to provide testers, don't give the customer attitude, we need to try cosmetics on. She was quite loud & gave the opposite of helpful customer service, yakked about how when products are open, they can't sell.. well, ok, sorry, but, have a tester then!
    *roll eyes*

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

makeup counter.. LOLOL.. I haven't been to one of those, ever I think..

I wouldn't dare - I feel the same way. I feel like the "pretty people" are watching my every move and snickering about my blush being one shade too dark or whatever..

ya well, I have issues. I accept that part of myself.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes most of them are stuck up or bossy or controlling i think it's in their nature haha

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

like in their agressive nature to sell sell sell

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do find a lot of them harsh but have found some ok too,when Im in my working suits and dressed up they are ok but if Im casual they can be off hand and some are not oil paintings themselves either.I once had to wait 20 minutes for the rep to get me a sample of mascara when I got it home it was empty and I do always buy the product usually in brown and just wanted to try black so what a waste of time that was,always check out those samples in the store,this was lancome and I was so mad Im now using a different brand so it dont always pay to upset your customer.

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Prue
    I agree with Nagem, if I go in and I am in my work clothes (which are dressy) I have these snotty reps falling all over me to help but if I go in wearing jeans and a tank top (and I would not say I ever look sloppy or like a bum!) it takes 20 minutes for them to acknowledge my presence!

Although on a more positive note I did go to the clinique counter the other day to get the 1 week trial of their three step system and the girl was sooooo nice and helpful. I actually really like the product and because she was so nice, I will be going to her to buy my clinique products!
    Last edited by Prue; Fri, Jul 6th, 2007 at 12:50 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't had a problem with too many of the counter reps... although a few of the older ones do tend to cater to other older customers before greeting me, maybe they assume young 20-somethings won't be making large purchases like other customers (which is true in my case, I'm usually there just for one specific item I ran out of). I have had some good experiences with them when I was trying to choose wedding makeup, they're very willing to give you a makeover and samples when you might be purchasing a whole look for you and your bridal party
    But my main problem is that many of those counter reps have their own makeup painted on so thick, to me they just look ridiculous- I'm not going to trust someone's makeup recommendations when their own makeup looks bad! Makeup is supposed to be more natural, to enhance your features, not to make you completely unrecognizeable!

Prue
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb_games View Post
    But my main problem is that many of those counter reps have their own makeup painted on so thick, to me they just look ridiculous- I'm not going to trust someone's makeup recommendations when their own makeup looks bad! Makeup is supposed to be more natural, to enhance your features, not to make you completely unrecognizeable!
    Very true!

bcteagirl
    Depends what time you go.. they often have to put makeup on themselves as a demonstration.. so by the end of the day they have a lot on.

Thread Information