User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

there is no way to know who gives it

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

there could be a glitch maybe and there could also be people who are being negative. people are more negative lately tho I agree. probably the weather-it is about that time of year I think.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    there is no way to know who gives it
    Oh yeah? I remember boo said at one point that if you think the same person is giving you a thumbs down, to let him know and he will check it out.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

oh well maybe boo can see it
    i mean there is no way for the poster of the thread to know

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    oh well maybe boo can see it
    i mean there is no way for the poster of the thread to know
    Ya poster can't see anything, just like when they create a poll they can't see who voted which way right?

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If there is a consensus here that thumbs down should not be given, then that option should be removed entirely.

Otherwise, I think it is reasonable to expect to get thumbs down at times as that icon is basically asking you to rate the thread (instead of just promoting a good thread, which just a thumbs up option would be).

I guess some people take it harder than others, but there are a lot of lurkers who rarely/never post. So the thumbs down could be for a bad post, something they disagree with, or just a random person clicking away to be difficult.

I've given thumbs down before. I didn't know this might precipitate a big ruckus for some people, so it might be best to remove the option completely if you don't want to receive thumbs down for whatever reason.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thumbs up and down is like the star rating.....you always have the option to leave 1 star which basically means you dont like the song/thread/whatever the case; thumbs down is the same thing;
    i dont think it should be removed; there are some threads that deserve thumbs down....example promoting ways to scam freebie sites; misuse of coupons etc etc

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

The thumbs down aren't ever going to go away unless they get rid of the thumbs up/down counter. I find them really useful if there is a thread that is spamming or posting something pointless or rude and I enjoy giving thumbs up if I really like the thread.

People are going to be annoying sometimes and give thumbs down for no good reason but that's life. There are always going to be people who do dumb things to get a rise out of people and the best thing to do about it is not even acknowledge them.

And I think we are acknowledging them here which I think in turn is going to result in more thumbs down because now they know it upsets people.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Ya poster can't see anything, just like when they create a poll they can't see who voted which way right?
    Unless it's a public poll..
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    If there is a consensus here that thumbs down should not be given, then that option should be removed entirely.

Otherwise, I think it is reasonable to expect to get thumbs down at times as that icon is basically asking you to rate the thread (instead of just promoting a good thread, which just a thumbs up option would be).

I guess some people take it harder than others, but there are a lot of lurkers who rarely/never post. So the thumbs down could be for a bad post, something they disagree with, or just a random person clicking away to be difficult.

I've given thumbs down before. I didn't know this might precipitate a big ruckus for some people, so it might be best to remove the option completely if you don't want to receive thumbs down for whatever reason.
    All good points. This forum is democratic and people should be able to use the thumbs up and down to show their appreciate or dis-appreciation for threads. Often times, I don't even see a thumbs up at all for threads and I am the only one giving it. I think thumbs downs are given in rare cases and usually for the reasons mentioned already in this thread, scam, misuse etc.
    Last edited by Justine; Sun, Feb 7th, 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    If you referring to the what show is your favourite thread, it was spam, and the OP had spammed before too, that's why people gave it a thumbs down. I don't know about what others you are referring to.
    Exactly. Regular posters knew what that person was up to and thus gave them a thumbs down and reported it to the mods. That poster has since been banned for being a repeatable spammer.
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i actually heard about poohrules problem and i had to admit i was very shocked and mad if i don't like a thread i just leave but to give a thumbs down on a trading list is beyond me

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I had a thumbs up on my tradelist before and then it went to 0 again, someone must have been upset that I had a +1..oh well.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't even know where the thumbs up and down are.....But I'm still a newbie. I would think it makes sense if it's used reasonably but if someone is just being childish and abusing it then they should be reported....
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff for surfing the web.... please use my referral link
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/boyzmom33

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Does a thumbs down actually take away from the rep power?

I also wanted to know...was there ever an option to give negative rep? I'm sure there used to be an option to disagree with a post using the rep button, have I been dreaming this up?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information