User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The main one I have seen lately with a lot of thumbs down were user that kept posting the same gtp sites over and over and over and or constantly asking for referrals. If you as a poster keeps getting negatives for no reason just pm boo and he can look into it.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blackpup View Post
    Does a thumbs down actually take away from the rep power?

I also wanted to know...was there ever an option to give negative rep? I'm sure there used to be an option to disagree with a post using the rep button, have I been dreaming this up?
    There used to be a neg rep, yes. Boo removed it.

I don't think a thumbs down takes away rep power. A collaborative monthly thumbs up does enter you in the top deal poster and top brag poster contests though. Keep thumbin' up!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I've noticed that someones been doing it to my threads Ill have one up and someone negs it so its neutral again, I guess i've just chalked it off as its someone immature lol!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I've noticed that someones been doing it to my threads Ill have one up and someone negs it so its neutral again, I guess i've just chalked it off as its someone immature lol!
    I was hoping you wouldn't notice me doing that.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    I was hoping you wouldn't notice me doing that.
    Ya well I know you have "issues" so its really no surprise.

Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Feb 11th, 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Ya well I know you have "issues" so its really no surprise.
    Look who's talking eh?

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    Look who's talking eh?
    I learned everything I know about that from you, stinky like a bug!

(before anyone thinks were fighting were just playing around)

Say your almost 4, your curled up in a comforter watching tv while mommy washes her hair. You discover a small hole in the comforter. What do you do? You go and get the mini marshmallows out and stuff as many possible in the small hole of course! Duh!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The thumbs down really bug me too -- when they're used inappropriately.

Like every other discussion board that uses them -- the thumbs up/down (or similar rating systems) are very helpful when they're used to indicate a scam or useless thread (like that "I just farted" thread I saw a few days ago. Big thumbs down on that. ). That's their purpose.

But when the thumbs down are given on a good thread for personal reasons, that's just wrong. Especially when it's given for the person and not the post itself.

If a person makes a good post but has a bad sig, use the report button -- that's what it's there for.

It's especially annoying to me when it's a newbie who has made a good post and is just trying to be helpful, but the deal/freebie/coupon just isn't to someone's liking. I've seen it several times now. Makes me mad.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just found this in the "Post Good Deals and Win Prizes each Month" thread (as written by Boo):

" Someone gave me a thumbs down, I'm offended

The thumbs up and down rate the deal NOT the person
    . It just means the deal isn't good or worthwhile and has nothing to do with you as a person.

Smart Canucks administrator can see who rated which deals. If you attempt to cheat the system you will not win a prize and it will get handed to the person below you on the list. Please play fair and may the best deal poster win."

http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/290...-month-canada/

The only point that's not clear is that what may not be a good deal for one person could be a great deal for others. I'd say the thumbs down should mean "this isn't a good deal for anyone".

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If the site is spam or just crap then maybe give a thumbs down but give a reason please. I have never touched the thumbs down button -if I don't want the deal or like the post I move on. I also don't like negative comments cause people don't want or believe in the cause that someone is posting about. If you don't like it Move On and don't make people feel bad by posting mean comments.
    SC is a fun and happy place and I like it that way!

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I was wondering why I got thumbs down because I offered 2 lunchmates codes??
    maybe if someone told me why I wouldn't make the mistake again, was it wrong to post it in the freebie section??? I often offer freebies, I have even given tickets to events away in the freebie section.-Just curious.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WandaJean View Post
    I was wondering why I got thumbs down because I offered 2 lunchmates codes??
    maybe if someone told me why I wouldn't make the mistake again, was it wrong to post it in the freebie section??? I often offer freebies, I have even given tickets to events away in the freebie section.-Just curious.
    That is probably it. If you have something to trade or give away to one person like that, it would be more suited to the trading section.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    .SC is a fun and happy place and I like it that way!
    +1

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

ok, its just that I was giving it away..so to me I was offering a freebie...still though I think the thumbs downs were rude...well a lesson learned for me , thanks amber.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

ive seen quite a few posts with thumbs down recently... I find it odd when there is a bunch of thumbsdown to a post and no one posted why? lol..... I think its really easy to give a thumbs down post but if you do that, you should pehapsgivea reason why? ie. not valid in canada, spam, etc...
    Usually when I see a post with a thumbs down that I feel doesnt deserve it, I just givethem a thumbs up...

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information