User Tag List

Thread: Emery Cat

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

This is my review on the Emery Cat product. This is basically a cat scratching device. It's a scratching board on a plastic stand, induced with cat nip with a cat toy attached to it. I have seen the commercials for this for some time, but didn't want to order it online because of the high shipping charges. I saw it at WM tonight for $18.97 and decided to get it.

When we brought it home, my one cat could smell it right away because she was going crazy! We unpacked it, it's easy to set up, and the cat nip comes in a little plastic bag, you pour the stuff over the scratching board. And the cat toy, which is a feather on a stick just sticks in a hole on the side of the board (there are multiple places to attach it). Both my cats took an interest in it right away, but they only played with the cat toy! It got licked all over! My one cat just sat on top of the scratching board and didn't know what to do with it. I started scratching it with my nail to show them..but you know cats they are weird like that and don't understand. I did see my one cat scratching it at one point, but it didn't continue.

My cats like to scratch the railing along the stairs and furniture, so it would be nice if they took a liking to this product. I put it right next to the stairs so they may associate the two things...stairs are for scratching, maybe this is too? So far, they don't really understand it, but I think they will over time. The nip makes them crazy though! Anything with nip in it does!

It is kinda pricey, but better to just buy it in store. The online order gets you two for the price of one, plus two de-shredders. Although keep in mind the shipping, you have to pay shipping twice I think.

For more information about this product click below:
    https://www.emerycat.ca/flare/next

Have you heard of this? or bought it? what do you think of it?
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama
    Last edited by Justine; Thu, Feb 11th, 2010 at 12:20 AM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Again they just keep getting interested in the cat toy and just stand on the emery board!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please do not waste your money on this product.

Someone gave my 3 cats Emery Cat for Christmas. They did not use it.

Then I learned that cats can be injured by getting their claws stuck in the holes so I am glad they never even tried it.

You can get your cat used to having his nails cut. It might take quite a while but if you take it very slowly you'll succeed.

At a time when both you and the cat are happy and relaxed (cats can read our body language so you can't fake it) try giving your cat whatever his favorite "lovies" is such as a nice neck scratchy.

While doing so gently and briefly touch one or two of his feet. That's it. Get him used to having his feet touched when happy. Several times.

Once he doesn't mind that, try pressing (briefly and gently) to extend his claws. Don't clip. Only get him used to that and have him associate it with having a pleasant time.

When you can do that you can try clipping only the tip of one claw. Reward the cat with lovies or a favorite treat. That's it for the 1st session.

Next day, do it again.

Following day, do the tips of 2 claws.

And so on. It could take a couple of months. If you are persistent and very patient you can definitely get your cat accustomed to having his nails cut.

-------------------------------------------------------------

washington dui | collection agency | mexico travel deals

Just learning!!
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My cat really likes to scratch the carpet on the stairs - I use softpaws - little plastic "fingernails" they work great, the only problem is she can pull them off sometimes - guess I need more practice getting them on. Glad to know the Emery Cat is junk the kids keep saying we should get it. Back to the softpaws I go
    Join swagbucks, earn points for doing searches you would be doing anyways! Points can be redeemed for a variety of gift cards!! Why not give it a try! You've got nothing to lose!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/melmomof3

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Dollarama has thier own version of the emery cat, it isn't as large, but it is only a ninth of the cost, at $2.

I bought it and my one cat seems to like it, the one who refuses to use the regular scratching posts. I thought he would since he loves to rip through cardboard boxes when given the chance.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I bought mine at the TV Store forget the name for 9.99 They like it

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hmm, if this dollarstore one works well I may look at the as on tv shop.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My cats scratch on a normal card board box , and the best part didn't cost me anythng for the box.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I noticed tonight in xs cargo here they had them on for 10.00 I believe if anyone is interested.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

my grandmother's cat goes crazy over the thing...and she just attacks that thing leaving the furniture alone. I think it works for some cats, and not for others.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My vet has seen several cats come in with claws ripped out from these, I will stick to ones with just the cardboard scratchers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Both my cats have used these type of scratcher, since the first day we brought them home at 8wks old. They have become adapt to knowing its THEIR scratch area. We have 6 in our house(2 are the emery arch ones, and the other 4 are smaller rectangular versions). My cats have NEVER scratched any furniture or carpet!!!
    I think this version of it is a little pricey, compared to the regular ones, but they serve their purpose and save my furniture.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

This one is not the typical cardboard one though, it is coated much like reg emery boards we use for nails
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow.so brilliant. i also want to buy this

Thread Information