User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

For my first son I was given a Cosco Alpha Omega 3-in-1. I love it. It's comfortable, easy to install, fits well in most every vehicle, very nice padding. My son loves it and seems quite comfortable with it. I guess if I had one complaint it would have to be that I find it difficult to get apart to clean it, but this might be the case with all 3-in-1's, I don't know.

For my second son, he had first a baby car seat, and then when he got too heavy to carry around, we decided to sell his baby seat and just buy a 3-in-1. We bought a Cosco Scenera. I don't like it that much. The plastic seems cheaper then the Alpha Omega, the padding is much thinner, and we have to have a rolled up towel under it for it to sit properly. When my oldest is big enough for a booster seat we might just buy him a backless one and give his car seat to the youngest (if it is still good by then).

Trading Score
    12 (88%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripsplanner View Post
    I do have the Sunshine Kids Radian - it's worked well for us. But my situation is quite different in that I have triplets and I need car seats that can fit 3 across (we have an SUV). Luckily my kids are quite skinny so the Radian works well. I was told that Britax is roomier but there is no way I can fit 3 across. My friend's daughter, who is a little on the chubby side, could not fit into the Radian.

Love: The seats are easy to wipe and are cool for extended drive (no sweaty backs). We got the Premier Sport, I think (gray coloured cover)
    Hate: When rear facing (there was a period when my kids were too long for the infant car seat but underweight to be front facing), it leans back far i.e. pushing up to the front seat passengers. My husband who is 6'3" could not drive the car until 2 of the 3 were turned around.

thanks for the reply. the radian does look very skinny compared to the other ones!

we found
    the alpha omega today on sale for $159
    eddie bauer 3in1 on sale for $119
    first years true fit for $119

so I think its gonna be one of these..i'm leaning towards the true fit
    Please VOTE for my baby! DAILY!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    The plastic seems cheaper then the Alpha Omega, the padding is much thinner, and we have to have a rolled up towel under it for it to sit properly. When my oldest is big enough for a booster seat we might just buy him a backless one and give his car seat to the youngest (if it is still good by then).
    I've had car seats installed by the car seat technician at the hospital a couple of times. According to them, it's not uncommon to need something behind the base of the seat to make it sit properly. They had a large supply of pool noodles for this purpose, which they cut into pieces about the width of the seat. Normally it was three pieces taped together with duct tape that gave the best angle.

I also asked about backless boosters vs. the carseats that convert to one. She said that the car seat ones were *slightly* better in that they gave a bit of protection on the sides from flying glass and such in case of an accident. But that backless ones are fine too. We have both; if we've rented a car and are taking a long trip, the car seat is what we used. If we're just going for a short ride in a taxi or something, we bring the backless booster.

Last year I learned something I didn't know about my carseat booster. Once you remove the car seat straps and start using it as a booster, you no longer attach it to the car with the LATCH hooks or the tether that is at the top that hooks up in the back window in most cars. Make sure that you shorten the LATCH straps as much as you can and attach the tether hook to the back of the car seat (my seat has a spot to attach it at the bottom). Having it fly around loose can cause an injury during an accident.

Z

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    For my first son I was given a Cosco Alpha Omega 3-in-1. I love it. It's comfortable, easy to install, fits well in most every vehicle, very nice padding. My son loves it and seems quite comfortable with it. I guess if I had one complaint it would have to be that I find it difficult to get apart to clean it, but this might be the case with all 3-in-1's, I don't know.

We also have the Cosco Alpha Omega 3-in-1 for our daughter and agree about it being hard to get apart if you are cleaning it. Our dd was sick a couple of wks ago in her car seat so we needed to wash the cover and by the time I got the cover off I was ready to throw the thing out the window, lol.....But now that I know how it comes off it shouldn't be a problem next time and will most likely only take a couple of minutes. It was very easy to put the cover back on though

I really like the car seat as it's very easy to install and I agree it does have nice thick padding. I think we bought our seat on sale at Zellers for about $100 regular $180 so it was a great buy and I had done my research on it to see the reviews. I'm really picky when it comes to certain things and car seats are one of them. However I think in a few months time when we have the other car seat in the car for the new baby we are going to find that the Cosco is a little bulky for our car but we'll wait and see.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

i have the alpha omega one.. and although i dont use it much as i dont have a car.. it seems to do the trick when i use it..lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

KidsMoMday
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajen View Post
    We have a Graco MyRide 65 and really like it. It's easy to install and has a 40lb rear facing limit. I have seen it on sale at TRU. We also have an Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 and much prefer the Graco. The Graco is easier to tighten, looks much more comfortable and was much easier to install.
    Check out www.car-seat.org. There is a tonne of information. If you have any questions, you can ask in one of the forums on the site and you'll get lots of help.
    That is indeed an American website.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information