User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't understand how so many people love this show, it has nothing new to offer except for amazingly 2 dimensional characters (who's whole personalities seem to change whenever pleases the shows creator) generic story lines, and amazingly dumb jokes that have absolutely nothing to do with the story lines, and often just referencing pop-culture, in an attempt to get the inevitable easy laugh.

Its also worth mentioning that these are merely references, and not jokes, therefor we are expected to laugh just on the basis on recognition. In 10 years time, when these 80's references are no long relevant these sketches will just be large, laugh free segments.

This is one of only 3 gags Family Guy has to offer, the others being the 'stretching out of something until its funny' and lame sexual innuendo. All of which are recycled about 50 times per episode.

Now while I've hated Family guy for quite some time, my parents loved it, especially my dad. They thought it was one of the best shows out there, that was until an episode that aired not long ago which finally justified my hatred. I can't recall exactly what the episode was about, I was only in the room focused on my book. However when I looked up at the screen this was on:
    Peter dressed in a pirate costume saying that he screwed up worse than Disney when they cast Michael J Fox for the Zorro remake.
    Cutting to a couple of Mexicans saying "who was that masked man who saved us?" "I don't know but he left his insignia"
    Cut to a large scribble on the wall, obviously being a cheap shot at Fox's Parkinson's.
    (I looked the scene up on youtube )

After that we turned the channel, and family guy hasn't been seen in our house since. We've even given away the Family Guy movie and the Family Guy star wars movie.

I've always known that Family Guy was unimaginative dribble aimed at putting down minorities, homosexuals and women to name a few simply for their low brow audience to get some chuckles. But to mock someone's debilitating disease? How low can you get, I mean my god! Jerks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I dislike the show also.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A talking dog was enough for me not to be interested in that show.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Icyblackkat View Post
    I can't understand how so many people love this show, it has nothing new to offer except for amazingly 2 dimensional characters (who's whole personalities seem to change whenever pleases the shows creator) generic story lines, and amazingly dumb jokes that have absolutely nothing to do with the story lines, and often just referencing pop-culture, in an attempt to get the inevitable easy laugh.

Its also worth mentioning that these are merely references, and not jokes, therefor we are expected to laugh just on the basis on recognition. In 10 years time, when these 80's references are no long relevant these sketches will just be large, laugh free segments.

This is one of only 3 gags Family Guy has to offer, the others being the 'stretching out of something until its funny' and lame sexual innuendo. All of which are recycled about 50 times per episode.

Now while I've hated Family guy for quite some time, my parents loved it, especially my dad. They thought it was one of the best shows out there, that was until an episode that aired not long ago which finally justified my hatred. I can't recall exactly what the episode was about, I was only in the room focused on my book. However when I looked up at the screen this was on:
    Peter dressed in a pirate costume saying that he screwed up worse than Disney when they cast Michael J Fox for the Zorro remake.
    Cutting to a couple of Mexicans saying "who was that masked man who saved us?" "I don't know but he left his insignia"
    Cut to a large scribble on the wall, obviously being a cheap shot at Fox's Parkinson's.
    (I looked the scene up on youtube )

After that we turned the channel, and family guy hasn't been seen in our house since. We've even given away the Family Guy movie and the Family Guy star wars movie.

I've always known that Family Guy was unimaginative dribble aimed at putting down minorities, homosexuals and women to name a few simply for their low brow audience to get some chuckles. But to mock someone's debilitating disease? How low can you get, I mean my god! Jerks!

You are NOT the only one -- I couldnt have put it better myself..

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I use to think it was totally innapropriate ...

Now I must admit im quite taken with stewie and I find it quite funny.

Its just a tv show to me nothing to be taken seriously.

Tons of people like Sarah Silverman the comedian and shes about 100 times worse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish my dog could drive,get me coffee etc. The show is sort of stupid, and distasteful.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i dislike all those cartoon type shows including the simpsons.

BUGS BUNNY is king
    $700 US and counting....
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ergo2

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?obj_id=549

i don't really love it,but i took the quiz that my friend sent me.i am lois.all my friends like king of the hill,family guy,american dad, and southpark.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it's funny and I like Stewie! It's dumb funny, but still funny....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I can't stand it either....but my boys just love it....but to each their own....I know if they were younger I wouldn't let them watch it...just like south park....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like it and South Park, and I am also am a huge fan of brit com. Loved Benny Hill, Some mothers do 'ave em, little Britain, Black Adder, Red Dwarf and on and on.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't like Family Guy, South Park and the Simpson's. They all have dumb jokes and bad language.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by skhan View Post
    I don't like Family Guy, South Park and the Simpson's. They all have dumb jokes and bad language.
    Uh huh and that explains why they aren't for children.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

It's really really stupid humour. The show makes me angry watching it, like it agitates me. My bf likes it though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information