User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think of the FlyersCoupons.ca idea?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it

61 48.03%
  • I don't like it

66 51.97%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    I was going to say the same, I don't think there's anything wrong with cross-promotion, lots of websites have a bar at the top "Visit Our Sister Sites".

Some may also be looking for reassurance that SC is not being phased out in any way; that the two new sites flyerscoupons.ca and thinkcoupons.ca are to have an auxillary role, an expansion of what is already here.

Me too.. Could there be a link here to get to there say... under the coupons/deal tab? Not sure. I'm not tech savvy with the behind the scenes stuff.

Stacking ninja....Hija!!! nottinkerbell's Avatar
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I agree the search function here is terrible...if this was the inspiration for a new site couldn't we improve the search function and add a specific flyer tab??

I like one stop shopping and I'd rather get all my needs met at one site. I don't visit thinkcoupons and I orobably won't visit this one. Not cuz I have anything against them but because I won't think to and don't want to have to visit a bunch of sites to go shopping....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Poll is too short to give an answer. Like, Don't like is too black and white to get real feedback.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Great work on the new site Boo. From a time and usability standpoint, I personally won't have time to visit another site and research deals. Like others have said, it takes enough time to keep up with SC. I've only been on here since December and I've racked up numerous deals and coupons from posts on SC. I'm thankful for this site, even though the searchability is a little waning. For newbie with a few minutes here and there in the day, this site is enough.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I will only use one site because that is all I have time for. I like everything in one place. I guess I will have to rely on others to bring relevant information over to SC's so I can view it. I don't like the idea of offering rewards for posts either. I rather have quality than quantity and am afraid that there will end up being alot of useless chit chat (not that its bad, but take it to the tea room) that I don't have time to scroll over. I like the features that SC's has and it can be added to. I think alot of posts need cleaning up and some rules made, but thats maintenance.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm wondering if you can post on one site with the option of it posting on the other automatically...........probably another can of worms............

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I like it.

As a member you don't have to divide up your time between the two sites if you don't want, and I am sure that the deals will find their way from one site to the other (they find their way from other forums to here now)

New people will find FlyersCoupons never knowing Smart Canucks existed first.

I personally still find SmartCanucks hard to navigate and disorganized. That probably has more to do with the way my brain is wired to look for things, but if I am heading out the door and running to Walmart it is going to be eaiser for me to just quickly check the Wal mart section there than spend ages finding stuff on here.

I don't think there will be as much of a community feel, it will be more "business" and that in itself will attract members that SC doesn't appeal to.

I think it will be easier to find out about loyalty programs for each store, or policies of each store.

To my mind they are very different sites.

I guess SC is like my partner...Tested, true, yet sometimes annoying and FC is like a lover on the side...I can get what I want and then leave *lol* Except SC doesn't care if I cheat *giggle*

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julie.leeds View Post
    As a member you don't have to divide up your time between the two sites if you don't want
    New people will find FlyersCoupons never knowing Smart Canucks existed first.
    I think it will be easier to find out about loyalty programs for each store, or policies of each store.
    To my mind they are very different sites.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    i totally agree , i am pretty new to s.c , but also 2 might be overwhelming

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I signed up, Im "spankinghippo" over there :D

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I wanted to be nosey so I threw in a vote. I don't really have an opinion I want to state at the moment lol.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

i'm with a lot of people here.. cool idea, but i wish it was just a tab on smart canucks or something... i only get about 15 minutes at a time to be on the computer...
    Earn Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1643265

Wanna Trade? | Wish List
    Mom to a little baby boy and darling preschooler girl.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wouldn't it be better to manage to organize it by category than store name? As there are soooooo many stores out there it would be impossible to cover them all.

Organize it by food/grocery, clothing, electronics, for the home, for the car, etc

This site if very disorganized in that respect and that is why I do prefer the other site as the info is much easier to find.<!-- GAL -->

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I respectfully submit that although maybe a good idea in principle.
    In practice you will burn yourself out, trying to keep both sites running smoothly.
    As a parent(yes I'm old enough to be yours) my advice is to first focus on your education. Keep SC going despite what may/may not work and make some time for yourself.

David
    I have to agree with this. I have only done a quick glance at the other site but if you have to divide yourself it may be too much. I think more focus on "fixing" things here would have been a better choice or a sub forum like others mentioned.

Just my 2 cents.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I tried to go and check it out and I get weird page from Netfirms, Domain Names and Web Hosting for small businesses

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information