User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by epic1 View Post
    even with tax programs you still need to know how to do taxes to make sure you are getting what you have coming
    tax programs you are only data entering,, there are still little tricks that can be used, if you know what and how
    Indeed, one online tax program that was suppose to calculate what was best for the wife and I, instead messed up. It would not allow me to change it in any way, so it turned out to be useless.

H&R Block also messed up my Son's Income Tax.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would highly suggest that you at least try out a program to see how easy it is. Nothing you put into program is sent to CRA unless you submit it, which you cannot accidently do either. Most programs prompt you for information and there is a check at the end to let you know if you have made any errors or maybe even missed a deduction.
    I would not be afraid of the tax man either. They are used to mistakes being made and they will help you if you ask, call them. You should send in all of your receipts for the year they are asking for. They will then re-review your tax return to see if there was an error. H&R may have missed inputting a receipt or something. I would also call H&R and let them know about the audit. CRA is really worried about the people who purposley try to rip them off. If it was an honest mistake you will at most have to pay any overpayment. Which depending on the timing they may or may not take from this years tax return. CRA asks for all the money up front for any overpayment but will take payments.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information