User Tag List

Thread: Bank deals etc

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Hi Boo,

Is it possible to have a section in here for good bank deals etc. Last year I opened a Canadian Tire account that was posted on this forum - it gave an extra $50 when you opened the account and if you set up a monthly deposit you got another $50 credit at the end of the year. It was a great deal and better than I saw anywhere else.

It would be awesome if we had somewhere to post financial deals so they were easy to find.

TIA
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Good idea. I was wondering about the President's Choice Mastercard and bank offers - does anyone know if it is worth looking at in terms of the points you get back for groceries? I guess it all depends on if you pay your bill in full at the end of each month...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I have a PC account and mastercard - by the end of the year I usually have about $80 worth of points. I save it for Christmas to buy the turkey etc.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a PC account and MC as well. I personally recommend to open a bank account. The bank account got NO FEE for EVERYTHING (cheques, withdrew, transfer money) and you can go CIBC/ Loblaws to deposit/ withdrew money. For MC, depending on how often you go Loblaws/Superstore/no frills for groceries. Every $1 you spend, you will get 10 points. When you have 20000 and you will get $20 free grocery. Hope this help!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Citi has a Master card with built in Petro Points, at Petro Canada you get 2cents per liter discount & also petro points - can be redeemed for car wash

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    Hi Boo,

Is it possible to have a section in here for good bank deals etc. Last year I opened a Canadian Tire account that was posted on this forum - it gave an extra $50 when you opened the account and if you set up a monthly deposit you got another $50 credit at the end of the year. It was a great deal and better than I saw anywhere else.

It would be awesome if we had somewhere to post financial deals so they were easy to find.

TIA
    Great idea
    You can have it here in the Finance main section and then I can create tags for all the banks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

As far as points go, there's an article in this month's MoneySense that rates the various points cards...SDM Optimum was #1, AirMiles was #3, and PetroPoints was last, at #7. I use all three, so I didn't pay much attention to the other cards ranked, but will see if I can dig up the article.

Thread Information