User Tag List

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

So I bought this back in Feb and it fell apart from day one. The bottom actually disconnects from the base. I thought it was just mine until I went in to Zellers and saw a woman with the same issue over at CMS. They were just going to give her a new one as there were 2 sitting there. So now I have called Zellers to let them know and the womans reply was
    "You can take it back for a refund or a gift card without receipt." I hadn't really thought of returning it and have had it ready to go in the garbage.

As though that is really the issue. The issue is the safety of the children riding around in the stroller. This sort of thing makes my blood boil..

This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should contact the company who makes it. There shouldn't be products out there like that.
    Get Paypal $$$, Gift Cards and Prizes for FREE!http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdnbabybubba

Get $5 FREE for signing up & Money Back when you shop online:https://www.pandacashback.com/?ref=270

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

yep have left a message for the Avalon rep, but who knows when I'll get a callback.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had an Avalon umbrella stroller and it never fell apart. I think that if the rep that you spoke to hasnt called you back, you should continue to call. Ask to speak to a supervisor or a manager. You are 100% correct and that should be dealt with immediately.
    Nothing lasts forever

bcteagirl
    Will move this to shopping talk for ya.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Sorry tea - I keep thinking that something should be posted in one place and then it gets sent somewhere else.. I'll figure it out soon and less work for you..

The rep called me back and you would not believe how that conversation went. I told him that the bottom disconnects and he said it goes through product testing, to which I replied "of course." The rep HUNG UP on me.. I am sooo not kidding. At one point he said that it goes through testing and that's all he can tell me. He told me that he is being very patient by listening to my complaint and I said "Is it not your job to ensure quality product is being sold to the customer" At which point he HUNG UP... It was really an unreal experience.. I can't imagine how this person even has a job with such inept communication skills. That was a little after 5pm, so my next call will have to wait till Monday..

bcteagirl
    No worries at all about the posts lol.

Holy cow that is an unreal experience!! Awful! Let me know what happens when you call back. I would suggest asking for their ID number right away (or an ID number for the call) so you can complain if you need to.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I finally found the Avalon site. Would you believe that the man who hung up on me is their Director of Operations. I will be reporting this problem (what I think is a problem) to The National Capital Region Consumer Product Safety Bureau.

I wanted to let those with an Avalon stroller know that if for some reason, something is to go wrong with your stroller - DO NOT expect results of any sort. David Sun, barely spoke English, was impatient, blatantly rude and as mentioned, hung up on me. The site boasts of a 15 year safety record, I imagine this has something to do with his unwillingness to acknowledge real problems with their products.

(side note) the contact E-mail address are AOL addresses.. What large company uses AOL as their contact??

Unreal and thank goodness I bought a Safetyfirst - I sure hope they don't have AOL contact addresses.

lol

IreneWpg
    I think you should write to CNN and tell them the entire story (incl. the number of strollers you saw returned). They can investigate to see if there is a high return rate of the product and if there is a safety issue.

That's if the product is American....if it's Canadian maybe W5. Companies have a tendency to actually do something when faced with media coverage.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i agree with irene and i think maybe you should try contacting the bbb. they keep record of all complaints of a company. they maybe able to assist you in some sort of way as well. i know someone who got out of a cell phone contract because they were not the only ones having contract problems and after the bbb contacted them they were happy to settle for balance due and no buy out. they deal with all bussiness so it maybe worth a try.

bcteagirl
    I would also strongly suggest the better business bureau.

Thread Information