User Tag List

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartshopper888 View Post
    Can someone help me out please with the calculation to get SDM points. Let's say on a 20x event (when u spend $50) i spent $52 ( $92-40 in coupons )plus tax . How much in SDM points will i be getting? Thanks!
    Assuming they are not FPC and you aren't buying anything with a bottle deposit or a non pointable item....$92*20 Your bill would look like this...

Reg points 920
    Bonus points 17480
    Total 18400

If you want help figuring out a bill and what went wrong, you can PM a scan of it and I'll help you work through it.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartshopper888 View Post
    Can someone help me out please with the calculation to get SDM points. Let's say on a 20x event (when u spend $50) i spent $52 ( $92-40 in coupons )plus tax . How much in SDM points will i be getting? Thanks!
    You earn 10 points for every dollar spent - coupons do count towards your total (as long as they are not FPC or BOGO - these totals are going by you using $$ off coupons only).

So 92 x10 = 920 base points
    Multiply that by 19 = 17480
    Add the base points: 17480 + 920 = 18400

It's really 19x plus the base points in order to get the 20x, not 20x the base points.

But for future reference, you can just do it base points x 20, that's just not how it will show up on your receipt.

Plus, you can still earn more points if the products have automatic bp attached to them.
    smartshopper888 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

Thank you luckbealady and Insane! you gals are the best!!

Trading Score
    327 (100%)

Will I get points on the items I purchase if I use FPCs to pay for them?
    shop my webstore:
    www.sheenakoe.shopregal.ca

Use this code to save at Well.ca:
    spend40save10now

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponsrule View Post
    Will I get points on the items I purchase if I use FPCs to pay for them?
    No. Check out the first page of this thread with lots of questions and answers.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a question. I did read through this forum and did not see the answer so I hope I didn't miss it.
    For the 20x the points this week at shopper's - how does it work if you use points to make your purchase? Do you still get bonus points for the purchase? Its only about 30$ worth of points and am looking at spending about 75$. Thanks in advance!
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    I have a question. I did read through this forum and did not see the answer so I hope I didn't miss it.
    For the 20x the points this week at shopper's - how does it work if you use points to make your purchase? Do you still get bonus points for the purchase? Its only about 30$ worth of points and am looking at spending about 75$. Thanks in advance!
    The 20x was only on Saturday but...you will get the 20x if you redeem and your OOP is more than $50. So if you are buying something that is $230 or more and redeem $170 worth of points, you'll get points on the $50 you actually spent. In your case, if you are spending $75 you could only use $25 worth of points, otherwise you won't get it. Since you can't redeem for $25 you are best to spend $80 then.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)

so for the redemption this weekend. if i were to redeem my pts and get something that has an instore offer for 10x,15x or 20x pts on the specific item will i still get the 20x the pts even if im redeeming? for example: im spending 25,000 pts to get 50$ worth. I have 51$ worth of items and in those there is baby formula for 20x the pts. even tho im redeeming and only paying 1$ (plus taxes) would i still get the 20x pts for the baby formula?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steen33 View Post
    so for the redemption this weekend. if i were to redeem my pts and get something that has an instore offer for 10x,15x or 20x pts on the specific item will i still get the 20x the pts even if im redeeming? for example: im spending 25,000 pts to get 50$ worth. I have 51$ worth of items and in those there is baby formula for 20x the pts. even tho im redeeming and only paying 1$ (plus taxes) would i still get the 20x pts for the baby formula?
    You aren't supposed to as your oop is $0 so 0x 15 is 0. Historically it hasn't worked. BUT.... the last year or so it has been working. I did it about 9mths ago and got the points. So short answer, no, long answer probably! Clear as mud?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)

lol! thanks Insane i guess i will have to try it out and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    You aren't supposed to as your oop is $0 so 0x 15 is 0. Historically it hasn't worked. BUT.... the last year or so it has been working. I did it about 9mths ago and got the points. So short answer, no, long answer probably! Clear as mud?

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes on that particular item you would get 35x the points. But they won't tell you that! On your receipt you'll see your bonus points, which are the 20x the points, but you'll also see product bonus points which is the 15x.
    After over an hour of reading through this (and other) threads, I found the answer to my question. Muahahahaha!!! (Knowledge is points!) Thank you!
    Insane likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

thanks..I had the same question..I've been spending $50 after coupons thinking I wouldn't get the 20x points...well now that changes everything from now on

As long as your total is $50 before tax and other nonpointable items (GC, bottle deposits, passport photos, ect...) and before FPC it'll work. It's part of their coupon policy now, so if you have to call (which you won't), it won't be an issue. You don't need to mention anything. If the cashier says anything to you, just say it's okay.

Just make sure you are over $50 before tax and other nonpointables and your coupons are rung in as 2001 and you'll be fine. I can't even count the number of times I've done it.
    acosta likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

someone knows if the SDM credit card that is now RBC MC still give 1.5x or 2x the value of the points? i used to buy $150 in sdm gc and pay with my SDM MC and got 4500 in pts... but for the past 2 times i did i only got regular 1500 pts....

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    someone knows if the SDM credit card that is now RBC MC still give 1.5x or 2x the value of the points? i used to buy $150 in sdm gc and pay with my SDM MC and got 4500 in pts... but for the past 2 times i did i only got regular 1500 pts....
    I thought you didn't see those points until they were posted from your statement.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

i already got my statement this happened in the past 2 months.... so i used my rbc mc in april and may... and got my statment already and no points

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information