User Tag List

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I'm new to this program. I have a quick question. I have a personalized offer of 10x if you spend over $30 in store. Is this before or after coupons? I've read that coupons can be used to deduct the oop however, I tried to buy $30 worth of items and had $20 worth of coupons and the cashier said I couldn't because the screen after all coupons, my subtotal was only $8.xx. Can someone confirm this for me? TIA!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post
    I'm new to this program. I have a quick question. I have a personalized offer of 10x if you spend over $30 in store. Is this before or after coupons? I've read that coupons can be used to deduct the oop however, I tried to buy $30 worth of items and had $20 worth of coupons and the cashier said I couldn't because the screen after all coupons, my subtotal was only $8.xx. Can someone confirm this for me? TIA!
    The general rule for this is if the cashier has to accept/input the coupon you need to be at the dollar amount (in your case $30) AFTER coupons. However, if it is an automatic promo (for example, 20X WUS $50 or 18,500 points WUS $75), then you can use manufacturer's coupons to bring your total down. However, shoppers personalized coupons and FPCs are input into the system differently so you have to count those into your pre-coupon total. I hope that makes sense!
    SWAGBUCKS - earn Amazon GCs for searching the web!
    GROUPON- Great deals on local restaurants and services!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by musique View Post
    The general rule for this is if the cashier has to accept/input the coupon you need to be at the dollar amount (in your case $30) AFTER coupons. However, if it is an automatic promo (for example, 20X WUS $50 or 18,500 points WUS $75), then you can use manufacturer's coupons to bring your total down. However, shoppers personalized coupons and FPCs are input into the system differently so you have to count those into your pre-coupon total. I hope that makes sense!
    It doesn't need to be after coupons. If a cashier puts up a fuss, I tell them to put it in and if it doesn't qualify then the computer will take it out. But I don't usually get any issues.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    It doesn't need to be after coupons. If a cashier puts up a fuss, I tell them to put it in and if it doesn't qualify then the computer will take it out. But I don't usually get any issues.
    So I guess it just depends on the cashier if they want to input it in or not. I believe I read somewhere that it is before coupons as coupons are used as a form of tender. I think it was in Mrs. January blog site. Which is why I proceeded to buy $30 of items before coupons...

Expert in My Town :) thriftymom75's Avatar
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quick question. If you have a personalized coupon that says for example Pay .49 for Campbell's soup. Is that where you can get multiples for that same amount? I got screwed up the other day and thought it was the $2 off coupon that would go in multiple times but then the amount only came off one item. Unless they changed it. I went and bought a Any tide for 4.99 and then wished I would've had 2 at the til to see if I would get both at the 4.99! But now I have to wait until next time to see unless anyone knows the answer thanks

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have a personalized coupon for 4000 pts when you spend $20 in food and drinks and a coupon for pay $3.99 for milk and $1.00 off crackers. Can I use them all in the same transaction?? I want to take advantage of the 20x pts event this Saturday. My first time doing any optimum pts events

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Does the 4000pts one appear immediately or at a later date? If it's later, they never appear for me when I use it on a 20x day. But if it's one of their immediate ones, then it always works for me.
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Does the 4000pts one appear immediately or at a later date? If it's later, they never appear for me when I use it on a 20x day. But if it's one of their immediate ones, then it always works for me.
    The ones that appear right away work for me too - the variable is whether or not the cashier will accept it. Your $3.99 and $1.00 off coupons will be no issue (just remember they change the actual price of the product and DO NOT count towards promos), but some cashiers will not enter the points coupons because they do say not to be combined with any Optimum promo.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

How do I get the personalised offers? I signed up 2 weeks ago but havent received any thing yet

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leila2000 View Post
    How do I get the personalised offers? I signed up 2 weeks ago but havent received any thing yet
    Did you make sure to check the box to get shoppers emails? I think it takes like 4 weeks for your info to get registered.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I shopped yesterday - movie promo - at $75 level .... also had a mailed coupon for "get 18500 pts when you spend $75" - pts awarded mid april or so .... No problem with both of these (at least the coupon code scanned and there didn't seem to be any issue).

However I also had a personalized (mailed) coupon for 20x pt WUB any 1L or more milk product .... I bought 3 - the coupon code shows on the receipt (purchase price $15 in total) ... but the points weren't awarded - or if they are they are 170pts which I would guess is for some other random product ... I was kind of expecting around 3000 pts and they definitely don't show.

The other 20x coupons that I received don't indicate that they are credited later. Any ideas? Is it just they won't combine the various offers? Thanks for any insight

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    I shopped yesterday - movie promo - at $75 level .... also had a mailed coupon for "get 18500 pts when you spend $75" - pts awarded mid april or so .... No problem with both of these (at least the coupon code scanned and there didn't seem to be any issue).

However I also had a personalized (mailed) coupon for 20x pt WUB any 1L or more milk product .... I bought 3 - the coupon code shows on the receipt (purchase price $15 in total) ... but the points weren't awarded - or if they are they are 170pts which I would guess is for some other random product ... I was kind of expecting around 3000 pts and they definitely don't show.

The other 20x coupons that I received don't indicate that they are credited later. Any ideas? Is it just they won't combine the various offers? Thanks for any insight
    I used a 20x on Coke, and a 20x on any cookies the other week and neither showed (these were emailed coupons, I've had the same in mail coupons and they worked no problem). I'm just not going to bother using those coupons any more.
    dahliagrower likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I used a 20x on Coke, and a 20x on any cookies the other week and neither showed (these were emailed coupons, I've had the same in mail coupons and they worked no problem). I'm just not going to bother using those coupons any more.
    I phoned them today (I've never received emailed coupons and I've signed up/updated etc at least 5 times - they had some weird excuse that it was being blocked by the server ? and is supposedly fixed now - we'll see).... but on the 20x points for the milk - he said it was because I used the other points coupon 18500 WUS $75 and so the 20x didn't work for the milk ... apparently the system won't allow both (I'm wondering if it was the order the cashier used them though as she scanned the 18500 coupon first and then it looks like the 20x for the milk was scanned afterwards ....) Oh well - worth a try Just hope the 18500 goes through though as it now makes me wonder....
    luckbealady likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't redeemed the maximum amount of points in years. Is the upcoming $200 off for 95 000 points on Apr 12/13 the best offer or will they still have a mega bonus redemption for $210/$220 later this year that I should hold out for?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yadayada View Post
    I haven't redeemed the maximum amount of points in years. Is the upcoming $200 off for 95 000 points on Apr 12/13 the best offer or will they still have a mega bonus redemption for $210/$220 later this year that I should hold out for?
    Last couple of years there was a $220 in June, and I believe the second $220 was in late August/early September. I'm hoping to get another laptop, so I'm going to wait until June to see if it's $220 again. If not, then I'll just wait for another $200.
    yadayada likes this.

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information