User Tag List

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Here's the link to find your way to any of the various Nesters store flyers. It appears that they're all the same now.

It was fun while it lasted but it seems that there are no more "Additional Savings" or "$1.49 Specials" at the Nesters at Woodwards anymore.

I'll keep an eye out for any changes and make a new thread if and when something changes or warrants some attention.

http://www.nestersmarket.com/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by mcminsen; Sun, Nov 14th, 2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: correction in grammar :-)

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Bummer !! The $ 1.49 specials were great. I'll mosey on down there once the rain stops and see if the in store flyer has anything different. Thanks for posting !

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I was at the Woodwards Nesters and the Yaletown Nesters yesterday and their in store flyers are identical. Still some good deals and I continue to pick up a few good coupons at the Woodwards Nesters. And it's on a nice circuit I do along with London Drugs (at Woodwards), A&N, Rexall (Tinseltown) and Costco.

On the particular flyer webpage for the Woodwards Nesters, they still have these erroneous pages leftover from the flyer from two weeks ago. Page 9, 10, 11 and 12.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yes, thats a nice circuit. Does A&N have coupons or just great deals ?

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I've only found coupons on the food floor at A&N a couple of times so it's not something I've been expecting or necessarily looking for. But of course, one always has to keep their eyes open and their coupon radar ON.

I pick up the occasional deals from their flyer and a few times I've found unadvertised specials. Last week I used my .50 off coupons for Hunt's Tomato Paste (on sale for 3/$1.99) and got 6 for .98. A couple weeks before that I got the Sun-Rype 1.36 L. Juice bottles for$1.20 each after using some .30 off coupons. They've also had Ragu Pasta Sauce on sale for .85.

It's just a half block or so from Woodwards so I find it worthwhile. I also like the idea of asserting my presence on the streets in that area along with all the new residents. With more and more people in the area the street disorder has gone down markedly. In fact, when I exit the A&N food floor, I go out the alley way and up the alley straight to the Abbott St. entrance to Nesters.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yes I've noticed the area is much calmer these days. I'll start checking the A&N flyer for grocery sales to use coupons on. Good for stocking up the pantry for sure. I find Nesters is really good for produce, especially organic. Pretty good prices.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Had an interesting experience at the Yaletown Nesters last night. I was there to buy some International Delight with some coupons I had which were expiring at the end of March. The stuff was on sale for $1.99.

I had three bottles and three coupons for .75 off. The cashier (at the customer service counter) looked long and hard at the coupons and then told me they can't take coupons on stuff that's on sale. I said "Are you sure?". So she called someone on the phone. Another cashier came over and this young guy (assistant manager?) came over from the floor. My cashier told them that the coupon said on it that it was "not to be combined with any other offer", which she decided meant something on sale.

After a bit of discussion it was decided among them that I would be allowed to use ONE coupon only. The young guy had said to them that there was this time when some guy came in with six coupons and wanted to buy 6 juice products that were on sale. The two cashiers both nodded, like it was something that was totally out of this world verboten. So, I just bought one.

Then I hoofed it over to the Woodward's Nesters and bought three bottles with three coupons and... no problem. I then went back to the Yaletown Nesters and picked up another two bottles and went to the cashiers and the only one open was the same gal as before at the customer service counter. I looked her right in the eye and said "Hi, how are you?" as I put the two bottles and two coupons on the counter. She said nothing to me and rang them both in, including the two coupons. The only words she said to me was how much was owing. I thanked her and said good night but she wouldn't look at me or say anything.

So, if I can wedge it into my day, I might email or call or even write a paper letter to the head office to relate my experience and ask for clarification of their coupon policies. If I get anything back worth reporting, I'll put it here.
    Last edited by mcminsen; Sat, May 8th, 2010 at 07:11 AM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

hmmm, very weird. Yes please post here if you get any clarification.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

That's an unfortunate experience.. I simply don't understand why companies are stingy about coupon use as they are fully reimbursed by the manufacturers PLUS a handling fee. Their so called 'sale' is a world apart from how coupons work.

Hope you get a good response, mcminsen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm getting free gift cards for Amazon just doing my day to day internet searching!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/forgiftcards
    and also for completing surveys at Opinion Outpost!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Well, complaining can take time and effort but it can be worthwhile. I emailed some comments to Nesters on their feedback form from their website and I got a response from Cathy Flynn at their customer service department. She set up a meeting for me with the manager of the Yaletown Nesters Market.

I saw him yesterday and he apologized for the bad service and clarified that Nesters certainly does take any valid coupon with no restriction on using them on sale items. We went over a number of different coupons that I brought in and they don't have any problems with FPCs or BOGOs or 2for1s or coupons with no expiry. They will also take a coupon for right up to the value of the item.

I tried to make the point that staff should at least have the basic understanding that a coupon is a form of payment as the store does get paid by the manufacturer. He agreed and said they are making an extra effort to get their staff up to speed. He admitted that they do have a lot of staff turnover and it's been tough for them to not only train staff but just to get staff. Not that that should make any difference, of course.

They also honour the Scanning Code of Practice (SCOP) and will issue raincheques for stuff you can't find that they normally stock.

Oh, and they gave me $25 in Nesters gift certificates to thank me for my feedback.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Well that was a productive meeting!! Sounds like he really appreciated your valuable feedback! and then you got $25 worth of free foodies!! Yippee!!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Just a little heads up to Vancouver peeps, or at least the ones that might have a Nester's Market near them. They are advertising in the new flyer (on page 1) the availability of this Armstrong cheese coupon. It appears to be the same one that was in a 3 coupon booklet that was generally available in other stores a few weeks ago.

I was just thinking yesterday, as I was making my rounds, that I hadn't seen this coupon booklet for at least a week or so and anyone who didn't get their hands on it might be out of luck. So, there might be another chance to get it at Nester's. I'll be checking the two stores near me (Yaletown and Woodwards) and will report back.

BTW, good deal on the cheese they're advertising on page one of the flyer. See pic.

http://www.nestersmarket.com/

Last edited by mcminsen; Sun, Nov 14th, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

Thread Information