User Tag List

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

I went out yesterday and picked up some coupons...found 2 coupons for Garnier Herbashine, side by side. One was long and rectangular, the other was a short squarish coupon (like those danactive yogurt ones). I took a few but when I got home, I discovered that they had the same UPC!

Has anyone ever tried to stack 2 coupons, which look different but has the same UPC? Do they look at the UPC codes to make sure they are different? Or is it OK as long as they look physically different?

Here's a crappy webcam picture for comparison..

BTW, I have a few to trade if anyone is interested! The UPC for both of these are 66411518 and they expire Dec 31 2010.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

The same thing happened with some Melitta coupons awhile back.. in the end they were not stackable with one another, the UPC must be different.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

upc must be different!
    My referral link to ShopperArmy! You and I will both share $5 once you reach $10!

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

not stackable
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i think they might be getting wise to our stacking ways
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

same thing with the Sunlight Green coupons that are out...
    2009 Savings: $1251.00
    2010 Savings to date: $990.25

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

and same with the Buy any 2 Get 1 free Healthy Choice gourmet steamers.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

There are actually THREE herbashines out this month all with the same UPC. How ANNOYING!
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I am not a pro but I noticed yesterday I had many coupons that did look the same but had slightly different upc codes and all were accepted. The cashier never even looked at the front of the coupons. UPCs/Expiry and in it went.
    Food lover? www.facebook.com/eatwithnatasha
    Crafty? www.facebook.com/createwithnatasha

Follow me on Twitter: @createplaneat
    Visit my site: www.createplaneat.com

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Yes they can look identical but if they have upc codes with even one digit different you can stack them.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I was just informed by a friend (who shall remain nameless as she is a SC) that she went to LD and her customer service cashier told her that she would take all her coupons and allowed her to stack coupons with the same UPC as the manufactuer was going to reimburse them anyways - How does the manufactuer know that the coupons with the same UPC were stacked when they reimburse the store...interesting.

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

weird...yeah, i've noticed that more and more coupons are having the same UPC, regardless of their physical look or the way we got them (magazine, instore, manu..).

THanks everyone!

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nutthenat View Post
    I am not a pro but I noticed yesterday I had many coupons that did look the same but had slightly different upc codes and all were accepted. The cashier never even looked at the front of the coupons. UPCs/Expiry and in it went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zia_Stephie View Post
    I was just informed by a friend (who shall remain nameless as she is a SC) that she went to LD and her customer service cashier told her that she would take all her coupons and allowed her to stack coupons with the same UPC as the manufactuer was going to reimburse them anyways - How does the manufactuer know that the coupons with the same UPC were stacked when they reimburse the store...interesting.
    yes, but rules are rules..and LD applied those rules..and being the lucky ones that we CAN stack, we should be following the rules...these are the little things that happen that STOP LD from letting shoppers stack... so please just follow the rules!
    My referral link to ShopperArmy! You and I will both share $5 once you reach $10!

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

the upc's MUST be different. just because a cashier here or there allows stacking with the same upc coupons doesn't mean you are allowed/supposed to stack them. you know better. sometimes the cashiers just don't look or couldn't care, but like miniv said, the rules are there for a reason, and we should know better. LD only allows stacking as a courtesy to it's customers and they dont HAVE to allow it, and can end the stacking program anytime, so please don't abuse their coupon policy by sneaking in some coupons that look different but have the same upc!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Thread Information