User Tag List

Page 1696 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 696 1196 1596 1646 1686 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1706 1746 1796 2196 2696 ... LastLast
Results 25,426 to 25,440 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    Awww, I'm so sorry Karmac that really is heartbreaking when you've made up your mind and then can't have him. Geez if only your hubby had of been there! That couple had two other doggies which is great but they are in their 70's so who knows how long they will be around to look after all those dogs (I know its not nice to say, but they already have two and really they are getting on) What shelter was he at?

Good luck finding another, I'm sure you won't find it that hard there are so many rescue groups and many, many doggies that need and really, really want a good home! Good Luck to you!
    He was at the East branch of Toronto Animal services. There were so many sweet animals there that my heart goes out to them all. But when it comes to finding the right animal for my household it has to like kids, be small, have hypo-allergenic fur and I'd prefer 3 years or younger so we'd have some healthy years before we start dealing with the senior issues.
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

Niagara Falls

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

Artochoke &... ?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

Pineapple

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

The pear is inserted in the bottle when it's small, and grown there.

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

Dwarf, dwell, dwindle

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar.
    Can you name at least half of them?

Comma, period, exclamation point, question mark, colon, semi-colon, apostraphe

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

Lettuce?

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'

shoes, socks, sandals, slippers, stockings, skates.
    I think you're mistaken on number 4. I would say strawberry.
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    The doggie-deal fell through.
    I'm so sorry. But as ecat mentioned, there are many shelters and rescue groups that would be tickled pink to have your family provide a forever home to a furry friend in need.

My first hubby and I lost out on a doggie adoption in a case similar to yours. But within a month we had a 5 year old golden/collie cross to call our own - we were the third family for the pup. The people from whom we got her were moving to FLA and they thought the dog just had too damned much fur for FLA. Original owners should have been shot - dog was found almost dead from dehydration in a house boarded up for sale - second family adopted her from the SPCA and had her for 3 years.

I too had reservations about taking a second-hand, older dog - but she gave us over 9 years of unbridled love and joy!
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends

BOXING

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I could be.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The doggie-deal fell through. I bawled my eyes out for about an hour because it hurt as bad as when I lost my last doggie.

I decided for sure that I was going to get him this morning. I was there 3 minutes before the place opened. I told the receptionist that I wanted to adopt Oreo and she started asking the necessary questions. One of them was if we've had a meet and greet. I told her that everyone's met him except my husband. She said that without exception ALL members of the immediate household must be introduced to (and get along well with) the dog before they'd accept my money. What if the dog has issues relating to men? So I called my hubby and the best he could do would be to come see the dog during his lunch hour.

So I was outside having a little more one-on-one time with my future dog when one of the techs asked if she could borrow him for a meet and greet. I got upset as I knew what would happen if I gave her the dog. She told me that the couple were here looking at him yesterday and I replied that I was here yesterday too with my kids and they love him and will be heartbroken if he's not at home when them get home today AND I was here this morning before the place even opened AND wanted to pay for him right away but they wouldn't take the money.

This couple in there seventies came in with their TWO Lhlasa Apso's. I watched as the three dogs made friends the lady paid for Oreo and carried here out to her car in her arms.

Anger, disappointment sadness. Why do they have 3 dogs and my kids and I have none?

But the first thing I did when I got home was started looking for a new dog. And that's all I've done for the last 2 hours until writing this post.

Oreo... my (almost) dog.
    oh, i'm so sorry it didn't work out. hopefully you will find another puppy/dog that everyone will like just as much & there won't be any competition. keep the faith. it'll all work out.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think the other perennial vegetable is rhubarb?
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Am heading off to see Bad Company shortly. It is quite the drive from here

and not sureabout traffic.

Catch you later!

Ciao,.... for now

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Answers To Quiz:

1... The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends: Boxing.

2. North American landmark constantly moving backward: Niagara Falls.
    (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)

3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons: Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside: Strawberry.

5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle.
    The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.

6. Three English words beginning with dw: Dwarf, dwell and dwindle...

7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar: Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe,question mark, exclamation point, quotation mark, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh: Lettuce.

9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S': Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.

PLEASE DO YOUR PART... Today is National Mental Health Day.
    You can do your part by remembering to send this e-mail to at least one person. Well, my job's done!

you did very well tnsnf.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmmme... View Post

Am heading off to see Bad Company shortly. It is quite the drive from here
    and not sureabout traffic.

Catch you later!

Ciao,.... for now
    have a great time.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Chicken: eggs won't hatch unless sat upon to heat.
    But if the bird doing the heating was a chicken, then it also came from an egg. The only answer that breaks the dilemma is that the bird which layed the egg was NOT QUITE a chicken, and the embryo in the egg contained that last mutation that said to the world, "I am chicken! Hear me cluck!"

So anyway, the egg came first.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    But if the bird doing the heating was a chicken, then it also came from an egg. The only answer that breaks the dilemma is that the bird which layed the egg was NOT QUITE a chicken, and the embryo in the egg contained that last mutation that said to the world, "I am chicken! Hear me cluck!"

So anyway, the egg came first.
    they had this discussion on mythbusters the other day & it was established that the EGG came first.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by the h team View Post
    they had this discussion on mythbusters the other day & it was established that the egg came first.
    Name:  chicken-egg2.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  19.5 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post
    There are only nine questions.

This is a quiz for people who know everything!
    I found out in a hurry that I didn't.
    These are not trick questions.
    They are straight questions with straight answers.

HERE WE GO, THIS IS AN HONEST ATTEMPT, I HAVE NOT SCROLLED PAST THE ORIGINAL POST...

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

COMING BACK TO THIS ONE - MAYBE CHESS, OR QUIDDITCH

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

NIAGARA FALLS

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

ASPARAGUS FOR SURE, LET ME THINK ABOUT THE OTHER ONE - POTATOES?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

STRAWBERRY

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

THE BOTTLE WAS SECURED IN PLACE OVER THE BUD ON THE BRANCH OF THE TREE AND THE PEAR GREW INSIDE THE BOTTLE (AND THE GREEN GRASS GREW ALL AROUND ALL AROUND AND THE GREEN GRASS GREW ALL AROUND)

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

DWELL
    DWELLING
    DWELT

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar.
    Can you name at least half of them?

COMMA
    SEMI COLON
    COLON
    PERIOD
    EXCLAMATION POINT
    (INTERROGATION) QUESTION MARK
    APOSTROPHE (THE CRUX OF THE BISCUIT)
    OH YEAH - PARENTHESES, OPEN AND CLOSE
    HYPHEN
    DASH (CAN'T REMEMBER THE DIFFERENCE, BUT MAYBE THE HYPHEN DOES NOT REQUIRE SPACES ON EITHER SIDE AND THE DASH DOES?)
    QUOTATION MARKS (OPEN AND CLOSE?)
    DIACRITICAL MARK (DON'T REMEMBER WHAT IT IS, THOUGH)
    TILDE

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

BANANAS

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'

SHOES, SOCKS, SANDALS, STOCKINGS, SPATS, STIRRUPS
    How did I do?