User Tag List

Page 1978 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 978 1478 1878 1928 1968 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1988 2028 2078 2478 2978 ... LastLast
Results 29,656 to 29,670 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tuesday Sleuth
    Found Under the NCAA Football 11 - Xbox 360
    on Page 2

The answer is "RANGE"
    The previous answer was "MOUNTAIN".
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by howard55 View Post
    Good morning,
    Thanks for all the winning words and good natured banter.
    It has helped be a diversion to me as my 23 year old son is fighting a valiant fight against cancer. Wonderful to see how many people he has touched in his life. Remember we don't have to do grand things to make a difference, as the simple day to day way we treat others makes the greatest impact. Sure puts thing in perspective.
    your son has obviously touched a lot of people in a positive way. i pray that he is victorious over this ugly disease & is able to touch a few more. keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    My airline goodies have now travelled from Herne-Boernig to Cologne to East Midlands to Philadelphia to Buffalo to Mount Hope (Hamilton) to Concord as of 0558 this morning. In transit for 11 days now.
    at this rate, your goodies will be out of warranty before you get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by harleychick View Post
    Off to work i go my first meeting today in my new position yeah for me.i am sure i will do fine.thanks for all the reps n help with the winning words chow for now.
    good luck, harleychick. show them what you're made of.

on a sad note, i just received word that my co-worker has lost his battle to cancer. a phone call just came in to inform us. no details on the funeral yet, but i know he will be sorely missed.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thoughts and positive vibes to you and your son. Such a young age to have to deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by howard55 View Post
    Good morning,
    Thanks for all the winning words and good natured banter.
    It has helped be a diversion to me as my 23 year old son is fighting a valiant fight against cancer. Wonderful to see how many people he has touched in his life. Remember we don't have to do grand things to make a difference, as the simple day to day way we treat others makes the greatest impact. Sure puts thing in perspective.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A Priest was about to finish his tour of duty, and was leaving his Mission in the jungle where he has spent years teaching the natives when he
    realizes that the one thing he never taught them was how to speak English.

So he takes the chief for a walk in the forest. He points to a tree and says to the chief, "This is a tree."

The chief looks at the tree and grunts, "Tree."

The Priest is pleased with the response. They walk a little further and he points to a rock and says, "This is a rock."

Hearing this, the chief looks and grunts, "Rock."

The Priest was really getting enthusiastic about the results when he hears a rustling in the bushes. As they peek over the top, he sees a couple of natives in the midst of heavy sexual activity.

The Priest is really flustered and quickly responds, "Man riding a bike."

The chief looks at the couple briefly, pulls out his blowgun and kills them.

The Priest goes ballistic and yells at the chief that he has spent years teaching the tribe how to be civilized and be kind to each other, so how could he kill these people in cold blood that way?

The chief replied, "My bike."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? Mechman?
    I fell asleep before recording last night. Oops. I woke up on the couch at about 3:00AM. Checked the the play list 1:48 AM "TIME" - PINK FLOYD and thought oh sh.t, then check and lime had posted the word. Frost was on duty last night, so I added it to the list, started the recorder and went to my bed.

Yeah lime!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman47 View Post
    I fell asleep before recording last night. Oops. I woke up on the couch at about 3:00AM. Checked the the play list 1:48 AM "TIME" - PINK FLOYD and thought oh sh.t, then check and lime had posted the word. Frost was on duty last night, so I added it to the list, started the recorder and went to my bed.

Yeah lime!
    Thanks guys

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We are working very hard on our new show.

Full dress rehearsal today at 1:00pm sharp!

p.s. (we sing like angels)

Name:  Rawrr!!.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  48.9 KB

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post

Is that you, third from the left, Loocie?
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post

They say that if you are not the lead sled dog, the view is always the same. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    Is that you, third from the left, Loocie?

Hey Ladies..............feel free to tag yourselves here.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    I see this all too often, riding the bus. Someone sees a bus coming, starts running across six lanes of traffic, standing at the center median, waving frantically to the passing bus. Is having to wait ten minutes for the next bus really that much more important than your life?

Here's one that's been bugging me for a few days. This assclown was flying down the 401 on Friday night on a racing bike doing 180Kp/h. That's all fine and dandy if it's your own neck, but this assclown had a passenger clinging onto him for dearlife as he was weaving in and out of traffic. She falls off, is hit by "one or more vehcles", and NOBODY stops? I can almost wrap my head around the moron on the bike fleeing. He's already proven his complete disregard for his own life and that of the poor girl left dismembered in the middle of the highway. But for chrissake, you would think that at least ONE of the vehicles that hit her might have stopped?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20.../15193651.html
    saw that on the news last night & couldn't believe that someone could be so heartless, cruel & a total pylon. here's to hoping once they let the family know, that they will let police know who she was seeing & lock him up for good. common sense & decency all seem to be lacking lately.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    OK so I just heard Q play a Green Day song. What's with that? Are they slowly making a change in the format? I hope they're not going back to the early 90's format of "Toronto's Best Rock" because that was awful. I like some of Green Day's music but I don't think it belongs on Q. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    I only know their song about the loser who walks alone from a couple of years ago, thought they were mediochre at best. But I've stopped trying to figure out why some bands are popular and others not. For example, why does Q play anything (okay, either thing) by Thin Lizzy?
    I for one think they should play more music from the 90's. And not just from Artists that started out in the 60's or 70's (Rush, AC/DC, Zeppelin, etc). Now I was not listening to the radio when Q started in 1977, but I believe that they started as a rock station (they didn't become classic rock till 2000). I believe that certain music and artists should stand a test of time before they can be called classic so I guess the question could be "how long should it be?" I mean at what point did Zepplin transform from rock to classic rock. Or when did Pink Floyd make that distinction? Again, I wasn't listening to to radio when Dark Side of the Moon came out (in fact I wasn't even born!), but I would be sure that the "classic rock" stations of that time would have nothing to do with it. So how long must a band wait until they can or should be played on a classic station? 20 years? 30 years, 40 years? If in 2000 that Classic Rock Q107 was playing Zeppelin from the mid 70's so we can say that 25 years is the standard? Or Rush from the 80's, then 15 years is the standard? If so, then they are discounting an entire era (of which I admit I listened to and really enjoyed and still do). There are a number of great artists that this station doesn't play or rarely plays. Artists such as Green Day (Dookie '94), Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sugar Sex Majik '91), Pearl Jam (10 '91), Nirvana (Nevermind '92), Metallica (...and Justice for All '88, Metallica '91). Some of these artists could even be classified as pioneers for changing yet again the scope of Rock. Or maybe they should call it "Q107, best rock music from the 50's, 60's 70's and then we will decide which style of rock music we play for the other 80's and 90's"? Or maybe that is my ignorance, that they wouldn't call these bands "rock bands" and are a different genre all together?

Even though I think this to be one of the better overall stations (music, on air personalities, etc). And I realize that every station will play the same songs, the same artists that their programing requires and some people may get tired of hearing the same songs/artists eventually. I think Q107 is only playing mainstream classic rock and are missing out on an entire era of music. I will still listen but I do wish they open up their play lists to other era's. But this is only my humble opinion.

Oh and Green Day's "American Idiot" is a Punk Rock Opera in which Billie Joe drew inspiration from The Who. This album is a really great album, and if it matters Rolling Stone named it #22 album of the decade and Rolling Stone (Reader's Choice) named it #1 of the decade and won a Grammy for best album (if Grammy's count for anything LOL).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

floyd ww is september

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

PF WW-september

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pink Floyd WW: september