User Tag List

Page 1996 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 996 1496 1896 1946 1986 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 2006 2046 2096 2496 2996 ... LastLast
Results 29,926 to 29,940 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:15 ww countdown

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wallie

I see your anniversary is tomorrow, mine is the day after

so happy anniversary

it was so long ago when i did my signature, that I don't remember

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 6ffightr9 View Post
    They're saying it may or may not hit land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS ALERT

Hurricane prompts state of emergency in N.C.
    North Carolina's governor had declared a state of emergency as Hurricane Earl approaches the coast. Meantime, Environment Canada says there's a 50 per cent chance Earl will make landfall around Yarmouth, Nova Scotia on Saturday morning.

Stay safe Mmmme!!
    May vs May Not -
    apparently the coin toss came up heads ....
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sure hope mmmmmmmmmmmme will be safe and the storm bypasses them!

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Craziness going on at Discovery Channel HQ today! Hope this is resolved peacefully...

Gunman Takes Hostages at Discovery Channel HQ

By REUTERS

James Jay Lee is pictured in this undated photograph. MSNBC on September 1, 2010 identified Lee as the armed man who police believe may have explosives strapped to his body and has taken a number of hostages in the Discovery Channel headquarters building in suburban Washington. (REUTERS/Handout)

SILVER SPRING, Md. - A man carrying a gun and possibly with explosives strapped to his body took a small number of hostages in the Discovery Channel headquarters building in suburban Washington Wednesday.

“Right now we have an unconfirmed number of hostages, a small number of hostages that are with the suspect at this point,” Tom Manger, Montgomery County police chief, told reporters.

The man entered the building wearing what appeared to be metallic canister devices on his front and back and he pulled out a hand gun, Manger said.
    “The man told everyone to just stay still, and he has remained on the first floor area,” he said.

It was unconfirmed whether a shot had been fired or whether there were any injuries, Manger said.

A U.S. law enforcement official said he believed the hostage-taker was named James Lee. A man called James Lee of San Diego was arrested in February 2008 after throwing money into the air in a protest outside the Discovery building, the Montgomery County Gazette reported that year.

Police sealed off the area around the building and SWAT teams were at the scene in the suburb of Silver Spring, Maryland. The building was ordered evacuated and children were removed from a day-care center.

“He appears to have some sort of explosive device on his person,” police Captain Paul Starks told reporters. He said the police were in contact with the suspect, who had made some demands that police would not go into.
    Police were watching the suspect on the building’s closed-circuit security system.

ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS

Discovery employees posted updates on the situation on Twitter including a link to a website, www.savetheplanetprotest.com, in which demands are made against Discovery to cover environmental issues. It was not confirmed that these demands were made by the man barricaded in the building.

Police in nearby Takoma Park, Maryland, sent out an e-mail to residents that said, “an unknown, armed Asian male (is) barricaded in the building with at least one hostage.”

Montgomery County Police Corporal Dan Friz said of the suspect: “His concerns are with the Discovery Corporation right now.” He would not go into further details.

A reporter from the local ABC affiliate said he saw an ambulance crew wheel a gurney into the building about an hour after the incident began at 1 p.m. EDT, but there was no official word of casualties.

Discovery Communications says it reaches 1.5 billion subscribers in more than 180 countries with the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science Channel and Planet Green networks.

Among the demands to Discovery on savetheplanetprotest.com were calls for an end to programs “promoting War” and those “encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants.” “Saving the Planet means saving what’s left of the non-human Wildlife by decreasing the Human population,” the website said.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    May vs May Not -
    apparently the coin toss came up heads ....
    I hope it's "May Not".....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman47 View Post
    Has anyone here used Google documents?

Many of you are aware I have been keeping a spreadsheet of the Pink Floyd winning words. I have found an easy way to share it on Google documents. Just doing the shake down now, to see what options are available.

If anyone wants to check it out let me know and I will send you the link to try.
    Not bad (google docs); but a boatload of work (data therein). Good job Mechman!

Not too sure about the chat capabilities - I sent you a couple of msgs through the chat function, but I wasn't logged in so it may not have shown who was sending it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I finally got my loot! Some "Fly Emirates" swag (the points were use or lose) and the item I really wanted. It sounds quite good, definitely better than playing MP3's straight off the BlackBerry. So I will be using this as my hotel room entertainment and maybe to boost my Vaio speakers for presenting.

Catch the name, though.

"Drumbass"

Not a bad marketing name but definitely someone ESL came up with it (Hint: remove one letter).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Not bad (google docs); but a boatload of work (data therein). Good job Mechman!

Not too sure about the chat capabilities - I sent you a couple of msgs through the chat function, but I wasn't logged in so it may not have shown who was sending it.
    Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, yes I could see your post and have responded now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    "Drumbass".
    Definitely something Red would say!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It would seem to me every DJ is playing Angel Dance on every show now, well except Derringer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pink Floyd WW:spaces

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pink Floyd winning word: spaces

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman47 View Post
    It would seem to me every DJ is playing Angel Dance on every show now, well except Derringer.
    I actually like it.
    Love the sound of a Well Played Fiddle.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.