User Tag List

Page 2371 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 1371 1871 2271 2321 2361 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2381 2421 2471 2871 ... LastLast
Results 35,551 to 35,565 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NOTLER View Post
    Ya, it was a hot item about a year ago. It was also $7.45 when it came out. But I always seem to find it in my little rinky dink LCBO. Also another wine that is not too much is Obikwa for $8.95 from South Africa.
    I have a soft spot for Wolf Blass Grey Label (Cab) - but that's not in the budget for any everyday drinking wine - and yes, I like to drink wine everyday in the fall/winter. My favorite everyday wine is Trapiche Cab Sauv...and it's around $9

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh and you should try Fuzion Wine (Shiraz Malbec) from Argentina if you haven't already. It is $7.75/bottle and I find it really not bad. Again, for an every day type of product, I like to think it works well. Certainly not an occasion type wine.
    Quote Originally Posted by shay2368 View Post
    I lOVE Argentinian reds, but I don't have a taste for Malbec...I remember seeing this Fuzion out last Christmas but they were always sold out (now I see why at that price), and I never bothered to try it because of the Malbec thing...Perhaps I'll see if it's any better than the others I've tried.
    Thanks!
    Sorry Notler, I've tried that Fuzion wine and I didn't like it one bit. I'm no wine connoisseur by any stretch but it didn't appeal. I'm not a big blend fan though prefering the straight Shiraz/Merlot/Cab Sauve red wines.

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Outland was very good. I saw it in the theatres when it came out.
    Pretty in Pink for a look at John Cryer (2.5 men) as duckie...good for a laugh
    Disturbia (Shia LeBeauf) was a remake of Rear Window - see the original
    Also, see Psycho (the original) for another classic hitchcock film.
    True Grit is a good film but a little hokey now. The Searchers is a much better John Wayne film or Wake of the Red Witch
    Gus Van Sant did a shot-for-shot remake a while back with Vince Vaughn and Anne Heche. Also worth checking out, if only to compare.

Speaking of Vince Vaughn, Swingers is another that didn't get a lot of attention when it was released, but has gained a cult following over the years.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:15 ww...

brand

not working, but"---" is
    Last edited by NOTLER; Tue, Oct 5th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

brand-415ww
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Billi Billi is a nice red australian great for casual sipping (or inhaling depending on the day/hour)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Brand

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

working now
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh and you should try Fuzion Wine (Shiraz Malbec) from Argentina if you haven't already. It is $7.75/bottle and I find it really not bad. Again, for an every day type of product, I like to think it works well. Certainly not an occasion type wine.
    I have tried Fuzion. It has its place. And I don't mean for this to sound as harsh as I know it's going to ...... I would caution that it should not be the first or second bottle opened of the evening. However, if you/your guests are still in the mood for wine after the first two bottles have been enjoyed (especially if you started the evening with cocktails), then this might fit the bill. I personally abhor wasting an expensive Amarone or Barolo when I know no one (yes, including me) can appreciate it!!
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    That was the first beverage that myself & a bunch of gal pals consumed in quantity & it made us very sick..........Told Dad it we were sick from the food at the Red Barn. Not the 4 bottles of old sailor about 6 of us shared.

Live and Learn!
    I think it was Old Niagara and it went with XXX.
    I can probably remember the code if you give me a hint.
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my favs for entertaining...Anvers Warrior, Barristers Block, La Signora....
    getting thirsty now....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That would be a 26'r

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shay2368 View Post
    I have a soft spot for Wolf Blass Grey Label (Cab) - but that's not in the budget for any everyday drinking wine - and yes, I like to drink wine everyday in the fall/winter. My favorite everyday wine is Trapiche Cab Sauv...and it's around $9
    Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Sorry Notler, I've tried that Fuzion wine and I didn't like it one bit. I'm no wine connoisseur by any stretch but it didn't appeal. I'm not a big blend fan though prefering the straight Shiraz/Merlot/Cab Sauve red wines.
    Hey, what do I know?? I tell you it ain't much. But that's they way it is EV. It's all about your preference. See I have tried the Trapiche, and I would honestly prefer the Fuzion over the Trapiche. But again, that is only my preference.

Take Scotch. I can't stand the stuff where as some people swear by it. Now give me a glass with some crown and vermouth. Now that's a drink. I had a friend come by over a year ago. I know he likes scotch so I went out and got a mickey for him (glenlivet, glenfiddich, one of the glen's). And guess what. He keeps saying "I'll have what your are drinking" Have had this damn bottle around for a year that I can't get rid of it

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey, what do I know?? I tell you it ain't much. But that's they way it is EV. It's all about your preference. See I have tried the Trapiche, and I would honestly prefer the Fuzion over the Trapiche. But again, that is only my preference.

Take Scotch. I can't stand the stuff where as some people swear by it. Now give me a glass with some crown and vermouth. Now that's a drink. I had a friend come by over a year ago. I know he likes scotch so I went out and got a mickey for him (glenlivet, glenfiddich, one of the glen's). And guess what. He keeps saying "I'll have what your are drinking" Have had this damn bottle around for a year that I can't get rid of it
    Glad to see another rye drinker who doesn't like scotch. I love a good rye - neat or rocks. HATE scotch though. When I'm at a company function I always order scotch rocks. Every time I forget that I have scotch in my glass and go to take a drink, the smell alone prevents me from taking even a sip. As they say, you are your own liquor control board, and I've found a surefire way to enforce mine when I need to.
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.