User Tag List

Page 3082 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 2082 2582 2982 3032 3072 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3092 ... LastLast
Results 46,216 to 46,230 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  Anim_45.gif
Views: 276
Size:  196.6 KB

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bet you did not know that Mr. Spock had Tourette's Syndrome.

Name:  Anim_93.gif
Views: 303
Size:  235.3 KB

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for that hamster gif....
    I need a good laugh...
    Just picked my daughter up from school....
    She has come down with a horrible cold... poor thing....

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Some times you just need to slooooow down.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:15 ww...

manners

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:15 winning word is - manners

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    I think the fact that it was ignored by the Golden Globes was a travesty. Bridges' performance alone is worthy of recognition.
    Don't worry TNSF!
    Historically, the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards are the most accurate predictor of the Academy Award nominations. All four major acting category winners at the Academy Awards in 2010 were first Critics’ Choice Movie Awards winners in the same categories and were present at the January 15, 2010 ceremony. AND True Grit has MANY CCMA nominations (11 in total actually) so when it really counts they'll be there to be counted for sure!
    Thanks for the review, it's on the "to do" list this holiday season!
    CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Day All by the way, just stopping in to see what I've missed... busy day yet again!
    CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Hey TR, thank you for getting on that soapbox. I fully support your rant (I know that's the wrong word but I hope you understand). I agree that everyone needs to abstain from drinking and driving as everyone here knows the tragedy you suffered as a result and I am so happy to hear the great outcome from the organ donations. And I will also ask that everyone sign their donor cards as this is a story that proves it makes a huge difference. I know it must have been difficult for you to share your story here today, but I thank you for having the strength to do so and pray that it makes a difference in all our lives.

Thanks again TR.
    am soo sorry electric viking...I read the article in the paper when you posted that it would be there,,,,his beautiful family....and I am gladdened that you are all so close and sharing your grief together,,,,everyone mourns differently, but a strong shoulder makes all the difference...and it's obvious that you are there for your nieces...and when you walk them down the aisle, there will be no doubt that your brother will be there with you all...I agree also about organ donation and drinking and driving...life is so short and so precious...as we all get older we see how short it really is..and we never really grow up...it's always a shock to look in the mirror and see this stranger with graying hair and wrinkles looking back at us..

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Visiting him is just not the same as it used to be!

Name:  _SANTA~139.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  _SANTA~1610.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  79.5 KB

Name:  _SANTA~147.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  37.8 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jeez - Is it the last dance already?
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Argo
    Feels like it!!!!! I just finished Dinner and am now out to shop.....I must remember, It's not for me!!!!! It never fails I always see something I want. LOL (and I buy it)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, i just got back from shopping, bing bang boom $300.00 later.
    Is there anyone here...echo..echo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    Finally in from the True Grit screening. No, I didn't get stuck in traffic, I opted to spend the night at Jen's, lol.

Getting to the theater was a chore. The plan was to get to the theater early to secure good seats, then leave Jen's ticket at the box office for her. Mother Nature had other plans, though... I boarded the bus at 3:35. The route from Brampton to Yorkdale is usually a little more than an hour. We pulled into Yorkdale at 6:30!!! The movie started at 7, which left me with less than 30 minutes to get downtown. Don't ask me how, but I managed to get there just as the opening credits were finishing. They were kind enough to give Jen her ticket, and left mine at the front. I'm sure the weather probably kept a few people away, so we were able to get seats.

My initial reaction to the news that a remake of this film was in the works was one of apprehension. The original still holds up today as one of the best westerns ever made, and John Wayne's "Rooster" Cogburn is, quite simply, one of the greatest characters in American cinema. Why mess with a good thing?

I then heard that the Coen Brothers were behind the remake, and that Jeff Bridges was following up his Oscar winning performance as Bad Blake in last year's Crazy Heart by stepping into The Duke's boots, and my hesitation melted away immediately.

This film isn't so much a remake of the 1969 film as it is a truer adaptation of Charles Portis' novel.

Bridges' Cogburn carries all of the dry wit that Wayne's did, but he plays the character with more ruthless deliberation. I tend to wonder if the Coen Brothers deliberately placed the patch over his right eye versus John Wayne's left in order to distance the similarities.

Matt Damon's La Boeuf is more colorful than Glen Campbell's. At the same time, he appears more mature, even though his character seems somewhat younger.

Even though Bridges, Damon and Josh Brolin's name appear above her in the credits, the true star of this film is Hailee Steinfeld as Mattie Ross. The story revolves around her character's desire to avenge the death of her father at Brolin's hand, and she truly shines, holding her own on-screen among these heavy-hitters. Not surprising, though. Her character is one of the toughest, most memorable women in cinema. I'd easily rank Mattie in a class with Alien's Ellen Ripley.

Granted, the screening was free, but I know I'll be seeing this again when it's released next week. Not because I missed the opening, but because it's worth seeing again, and I wouldn't think twice about paying $12 to see it again.
    I absolutely, totally disagree with you on almost everything. On Matt Damon's part, I don't think he was more colourful as he was more of a braggart than Glen Campbell's version, as I would expect from a Texas Ranger. Jeff Bridges dialogue was different but no better than the original. Mattie was great. Even better than the original, played by Kim Darby. She was the movie's only star but to compare her to the Ripely character, no. Brolin's character was a waste of time. Pepper's character, played by Barry Pepper was a much better bad guy. I felt totally ripped off by the TV ads portrayal of Brolin's character. The best moment of the whole movie is the scene with Cogburn and the Indian kids at Bagby's trading post. I expected alot better from the Coen brothers. Thankfully the tickets are free. It's better to wait for the rental. I wouldn't even buy a pirated copy for $2. Oh, did I say that out loud? I was never a big westerns fan but I really liked the original True Grit and if I hadn't seen the original I probably would have really liked this version, especially Mattie's character. As I said before this movie couldn't hold a candle to the original. Why do you think It was snubbed for any Golden Globe nominations.
    Last edited by 6ffightr9; Wed, Dec 15th, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tartanrocker View Post
    ...got a call from the oldest of my bro's 2 daughters last night, she was a mess....she had received an envelope from the Trillium group,(they co-ordinate organ harvest and transplant assignees), and inside were 3 cards.....she read them out to me....
    ...the first was from the recipient, a man who had been on ventilation ( no reason given, the Trillium group monitor all communication between the donor family and recipient family to maintain anonymity)...he sent condolences on the loss of the loved one, but thanked the donor family for this gift of life..... his quality of life would be vastly improved, no more ventilation necessary, because of my brother's lungs..
    ....the second one was from the fella's wife, again so sorry for our loss, but she was so happy to get her husband back, and was so grateful....
    ...the third was the hard one for my niece (and me too).....it was from the daughter of the recipient, wh was sad that we lost someone, but now her dad will be able to walk her down the aisle...crap........both my nieces just got engaged, and they won't have their dad walk THEM down the aisle....

.....if I may, can I please get up on my soapbox?....2 things, I promise I will keep it short....

....I would just like to say, please please PLEASE don't drink and drive (my brother was impaired when he crashed, thank God no-one else was hurt).....the devastation you will leave behind is almost too much to bear sometimes...it affects everyone in your life who loves you, and if you have a problem with alcohol, please get help....you are sooooo worth it....

....and again, do sign your donor card.... bittersweet as it is, those cards let us know that this fella and 2 other people have a vastly improved quality of life directly from our family tragedy....it's one of the most unselfish things you can do.....should the worst happen, at least something good can come of it....and who knows, YOU may be the person in need one day....

...stepping off my soapbox now.. had to get that out, sorry....TR
    I watched a show last week that said Toronto had 16 people per million who had donated organs. Which was one of the higher numbers in Canada and that a lot of certain organs transplanted in Canada come from the States.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the WW & codes. Nice day on the slopes. Sunny & cold but no wind. Legs feeling it though. Could still use some snow(sorry).