User Tag List

Page 639 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 689 739 1139 1639 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    He'll also appear in Captain America, Thor and the Avengers movies.
    If it were just Tony Stark OK, but can't quite picture the interaction between Iron Man and John Steed/Emma Peel!!

Repped where I could but just landed in jail - serves me right for trying to get a jump on things during the day when I'm normally an evening repper. (Talking 'bout the Midnight Repper ... sorry, I digress), Hopefully back at 'ya later.
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a gorgeous day so far. I even stopped for an ice cream cone on the way back from lunch! Mmmmm....

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    If it were just Tony Stark OK, but can't quite picture the interaction between Iron Man and John Steed/Emma Peel!!
    lol... not these Avengers...

THESE Avengers...

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    Buttertart: I sure hope Mukisa gets over her illness. Have you had her most of her life? Pretty Birdie! I'll hope for the best for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by McSkier View Post

Congrats to Buttertart on your 500th post..thought we could celebrate with a little SNOW
    Thank you for your kind words ecat, and Chers. Yes, I have had Muki most of her life. I picked her out when she was a fledgling. She was not feeling any better this morning so I took her to her vet at the OVC in Guelph. I've known her vet for at least 20 years from having birds before Muki that had become sick. Green Cheeked Conures have a life expectancy of about 25 years, but since she is so sick and 'at that age' the vet says it might be cancer. She will have blood tests done today and I'll call back later this afternoon to find out the results.

Thanks for the snow pic, McSkier, it made me smile. It reminds me of the snowmobile trails up by the cottage and how much fun it is to go for a ride. I do try to make the most of a sunny day, even though if I get too much sun I break out in hives! I took my wee man to the park so he could play. That makes me smile, too!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by buttertart View Post
    Thank you for your kind words ecat, and Chers. Yes, I have had Muki most of her life. I picked her out when she was a fledgling. She was not feeling any better this morning so I took her to her vet at the OVC in Guelph. I've known her vet for at least 20 years from having birds before Muki that had become sick. Green Cheeked Conures have a life expectancy of about 25 years, but since she is so sick and 'at that age' the vet says it might be cancer. She will have blood tests done today and I'll call back later this afternoon to find out the results.

Hoping for good news for you and your birdie!
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

McHappy Cinco de Mayo to those who celebrate it! I had an egg McMuffin for brekkie in Guelph, and while getting a Happy Meal for my wee man's lunch in Orangeville we had our picture taken! The 'town administrator' was working the drive thru and before I could leave, a lady walked up to the front of my van and asked me to hand the bag back for a photo op - in the mean time my poor son just wanted his burger! Anyway, my windshield was pretty dirty so I doubt that photo will turn out very well. lol!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    Hoping for good news for you and your birdie!
    Thank you, karmac. Muki was 'the baby' before I had babies and she means a whole lot to me. We put down our 15-year-old cat in late 2008 and our 15-year-old dog in early 2009 and that took me a whole year to get over! I can't imagine losing Muki 9 years before expected... I can only hope the vet can find something to continue to keep her comfortable and provide enough quality of life for her. Deciding when and if to 'pull the trigger' is the hardest part, for me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    Enough of the sad pet/vet talk. But it reminded me of this:

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good afternoon Qsters and happy cinco de mayo

Jim

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the snow pic, McSkier, it made me smile. It reminds me of the snowmobile trails up by the cottage and how much fun it is to go for a ride. I do try to make the most of a sunny day, even though if I get too much sun I break out in hives! I took my wee man to the park so he could play. That makes me smile, too!
    hope all turns out ok with muki & that it's just something minor.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks H team, but Muki has been sick since September, and the vet already knows there is a mass near her pancreas. He can't say whether or not it's cancer as I don't want to do any invasive tests. The plan is to keep her comfortable and maintain her quality of life as best as he can.

I forgot to mention, on my way back from Guelph we stopped in at MacMullin's just outside of Acton. Do you ever shop there? I bet their stuff will be HST applicable come July 1st...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Holy Moly - you learn something new every day. I would have bet the farm (and I would now be farmless).

I found a number of references for inclusion vs. exclusion. It appears that originally Finland was NOT considered part of Scandinavia; however, common usage has made it so. As I'm not a big fan of common misconceptions being adopted as truisms just because the majority think it so, I'm redefining my atlas.

And the first one of you to ask what an atlas is ......!!!!
    While the term Scandinavia is commonly used for Denmark, Norway and Sweden, the term the Nordic countries is used unambiguously for Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland, including their associated territories (Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and the Åland Islands).[10] Scandinavia can thus be considered a subset of the Nordic countries.
    In addition to the mainland countries of
    the Nordic countries consist of
    and
    Had to put my two cents worth in...actually Wiki's 2 cents worth.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

finally lunch/dinner time..taking a break til 5 then back to work. Just enjoyed a half hour walk...amazing out there today even with the winds.....
    makes you just want to stop in your tracks and give thanks...........
    am in reppin jail...will spread good cheer when released..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks H team, but Muki has been sick since September, and the vet already knows there is a mass near her pancreas. He can't say whether or not it's cancer as I don't want to do any invasive tests. The plan is to keep her comfortable and maintain her quality of life as best as he can.

I forgot to mention, on my way back from Guelph we stopped in at MacMullin's just outside of Acton. Do you ever shop there? I bet their stuff will be HST applicable come July 1st...
    i know what you mean about invasive tests. hopefully, it'll all turn out.
    yes, i go to macmullins quite a bit. we make a lot of soups & stews, so their already cut, frozen veggies work out great instead of having to chop carrots, potatoes & beans. their frozen yogurt is great too. so many unusual berry flavours. mmmmmmmmmmm
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I picked up some cookie dough and muffin batter for my sister-in-law, and some frozen green beans, broccoli, diced onions and pearl onions for myself. The quality is excellent! I passed on the frozen yogurt, although it was tempting, because I didn't have enough room in my cooler! I should have talked to you first!

Here's a link to their website if anyone else is interested www.macmillans.ca

They also have a store in the Ajax/Whitby area.