User Tag List

Page 742 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 242 642 692 732 740 741 742 743 744 752 792 842 1242 1742 ... LastLast
Results 11,116 to 11,130 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

night guys, being kicked out of here. have a great night.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lolipop.yaz View Post
    I probably sounded like a ditz, I was talking to my mum while I was calling in, and I was just stunned that I got through, and caller number 105!! With Kim Mitchell. On the radio! I think I was more excited cuz he answered the phone. That's just amazing. LOL Hope I didn't blow out anyone's radio with that shriek of mine *blush*
    You definitely sounded excited!
    Nothing wrong with that.
    The funny thing is that I looked at the time, took a quick "listen" to the Q (online) to see how far through the 107 Callers he was at, and heard a very excited Caller 105.
    Kim even chuckled after talking to you.

"Honours" go to the Winner, but you do have Bragging Rights.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDio View Post
    You definitely sounded excited!
    Nothing wrong with that.
    The funny thing is that I looked at the time, took a quick "listen" to the Q (online) to see how far through the 107 Callers he was at, and heard a very excited Caller 105.
    Kim even chuckled after talking to you.

"Honours" go to the Winner, but you do have Bragging Rights.
    Hehe Thanks Wolfie, I'm still a little giddy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to admit... I like the new Tom Petty Song, "I Should Have Known It".

practice makes perfect divotman's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for all the words today Q-Bee's

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rolling Stones Week!-- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just back from the OSPCA..a little wet
    please note the Chair -Board of Directors stated they were stopping mass euthanasia....
    a sheppard was euthanised today at 5pm...
    don't mean to be a downer, just needed you all to know... we can't let up on them not being accountable to the community...and that awareness must be a priority until a public audit of all operations is conducted.......and change is implemented accordingly
    Abbotsford Animal Clinic in Aurora had an entire area set up and had arranged for the delivery of animals...and OSPCA renegged...that is not heresay that was just on the news from the owner of Abbotsford..a clinic I have used and know...
    thanks for letting me vent....
    a lawyer has been retained if anyone wants a copy of the letter or any info please PM me..as I don't want to upset people on here...
    thank you all for your kind words, the WW and trivia....
    you are the best

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    I just got off the phone with the principal. The twit's mom got called to the office for a meeting regarding his recent behavior.

I've been exchanging e-mail with a nice female police officer that works with schools.

Is life with kids supposed to be like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post
    no, it shouldn't be. some kids these days don't think there are consequences to their behaviour. so they get suspended, big deal, they can sit at home, play on the computer or watch TV. it doesn't seem to be scary to them at all, seeing the principal or getting suspended. maybe it's just me, but kids today don't seem to care if they do something bad or wrong. it's a big joke to them. being called to the principal's office is suppose to be a scary thing if you were caught doing something wrong. being told that your parents are being called in, is suppose to be a scary thing. to them it seems when they get in trouble, they have a "whatever" attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Maybe we need to bring back the strap. Beat the fear back into the little buggers. I think it all comes down to the people raising these children. They are not teaching respect any more. I respected my elders. I looked up to them. It's so much easier to let these kids just watch tv or play video games rather than be involved in their lives. Maybe that's where the problem also lies. There's a disconnect between the parents and the kids. "Don't bother me kid, I'm watching my soap, (or I'm watching my hockey game). Go play a video game or watch your own tv that is in your room with 2000 channels available to you that I don't bother checking to see what it is you are watching."
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Very accurate statement. Many of us grew up in the generation where if you got into a bit of trouble at school, you were guaranteed to face the wrath of your parents when you got home.
    I think that it is very much a systemic problem. Respect and long standing principles are a thing of the past. Many kids are left to their own avails & are living in homes where there is no guidance or hands on parenting.
    A lot of us probably grew up in the era of when you wanted something, you were expected to save up for it with money that you earned yourself.
    When my kids were little, the big thing at school was pogs. The school had to ban them because they caused such a distraction & kids were resorting to sneaky tactics to accquire more of them.
    I don't think cell phones, iPods or games should even be allowed at schools either.
    I doubt you'll ever see the back to basics philosophy make a comeback though.
    As for the strap, I am remembering a family of five boys who lived a few doors down from me. One of them was getting the strap just about every day for various reasons....what we considered in then to be boyhood pranks.
    I agree that it looks like Discipline has taken a Strange turn!!
    Time Out?!?!
    In a Time when I was younger and far more Stupid (just a Half-Wit now), I had an incident when I was underage and drank tooo much.
    I woke up in the Hospital hooked up to a Heart Monitor from alcohol poisoning.
    Once I realized where I was and was told what had happened, I remember that the only thing that I thought was, "my Mother is gonna KILL me!!".
    Cared about nothing else... just the fear of what my Mother would think.

What is happening with the Children these days?!
    I feel confident that the Young Ones of the Fabulous Souls on this Thread will be future Model Citizens for the Generations-to-Come!!!!
    I THANK You in advance for that!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by McSkier View Post
    just back from the OSPCA..a little wet
    please note the Chair -Board of Directors stated they were stopping mass euthanasia....
    a sheppard was euthanised today at 5pm...
    don't mean to be a downer, just needed you all to know... we can't let up on them not being accountable to the community...and that awareness must be a priority until a public audit of all operations is conducted.......and change is implemented accordingly
    Abbotsford Animal Clinic in Aurora had an entire area set up and had arranged for the delivery of animals...and OSPCA renegged...that is not heresay that was just on the news from the owner of Abbotsford..a clinic I have used and know...
    thanks for letting me vent....
    a lawyer has been retained if anyone wants a copy of the letter or any info please PM me..as I don't want to upset people on here...
    thank you all for your kind words, the WW and trivia....
    you are the best
    A True Champion!!!!
    I bow down before you...

Name:  nitawoha071708-2a.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  56.5 KB
    THANK You!!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good evening fellow Canucks!

Thanks a bunch for todays winning words! I have to review what has been going on in this thread today, but I'll be sure to rep you all while I am doing it.

Have a great evening everybody!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the codes & W.W....busy cutting grass before the rain.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks again for all of the ww's

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks to all for the winning words today.

Was back at work but no time to have a good look around the thread to catch up. I probably should not have gone back to work today but did anyway... the boss man is coming for a visit Monday and he just let me know last nite!

The last time he did that two people got canned.

I think I'm good to go as he's asked me to make some meetings and attend them with him, so all should be well.

Otherwise...I'll have much more time to spend with y'all

I'm callin' it a day! TTYL
    CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

9:15 Worrrrd: faketake