User Tag List

Page 2954 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 1954 2454 2854 2904 2944 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2964 3004 ... LastLast
Results 44,296 to 44,310 of 45263
Like Tree82374Likes

Thread: Which Freebies have you received? / What did you get in the mail today?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ensure cheque
    Survey Lion cheque
    Nutrience cat food sample + $10 coupon
    Tweets77, barbis9, crafter and 1 others like this.

Tangerine (ING Direct) Orange Key: 16442533S1 get 50$ reward for opening a No Fees account!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

amazon order
    eclair lips order
    barbis9, crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did not check yesterday.
    barbis9 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@

Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Oct 29th, 2021 at 10:32 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lightlife coupons
    Rxbar sample
    sesterce, crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    What a lovely letter from Hydro this morning. My equal billing plan amount has been going down year after year!!
    This update shows I will pay nothing for November, just $95.00 for Decemeber and then $136.00 a month till Dec 2022.
    I recall a horrid year where we paid $190.00 a moth for a whole year and I was participating fully in the TOU programme, doing laundry and cooking in the late evenings or well before 7 a.m.
    So grateful for these mall savings wherever we can get them!
    @walkonby have you thought of switching to flat rate billing? For the first 1,000 kwh I pay 09.8 cents, whereas TOU off peak is 8.2 cents and I love not having to watch the clock.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Oct 29th, 2021 at 11:04 AM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @walkonby have you thought of switching to flat rate billing? For the first 1,000 kwh I pay 09.8 cents, whereas TOU off peak is 8.2 cents and I love not having to watch the clock.
    Best thing we every did. I agree 100% and overall we are saving $$$ and NOT worrying about the clock! Ran the AC this summer all day and did not worry about the horrible highest TOU rates! LOL
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks you @barbis9 , but I never once entertained the thought of switching ( probably because I am a dinosaur and buck changing) but also since our bill has steadily declined over the years we seem to be doing things right.
    I don't feel we'd save much switching over because more than 2/3 of our use is on the lowest rate. Also the first 1,000 kwh you say is at 9.8? What is the cost for anything over that?
    Shift workers reside here, so middle of the night is actually their daytime.

babies teach us acceptance

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@barbis9 - I am not sure of your provider, but for Toronto Hydro, the 1000 kWh is tier is only for the winter season, not the summer. The Tier 2 rates is only on the usage Above the Tier 1 limit not the whole amount. There is a good calculator on the OEB website which should be used @walkonby to see if a change is useful. You need 12 months of usage but that is the best way to go

For summer our tiers were:
    Tier 1 Up to 600 kWh/month 9.8¢ per kWh
    Tier 2 More than 600 kWh/month 11.5¢ per kWh

For Winter the Tier 1 goes up to 1000 kWh before the cost per kWh goes up. I think it may be the same for the whole province.

Winter rates change over Nov 1

Tiered:
    Effective date Lower tier price
    (¢ per kWh)
    Residential threshold
    for lower tier price
    (kWh per month)
    Higher tier price
    (¢ per kWh)
    Nov 1, 2021 9.8 1,000 11.5

TOU rates:

Effective date Off-peak price
    (¢ per kWh)
    Mid-peak price
    (¢ per kWh)
    On-peak price
    (¢ per kWh)
    Nov 1, 2021 8.2 11.3 17.0

The source: https://www.oeb.ca/rates-and-your-bi...ctricity-rates
    and
    https://www.torontohydro.com/for-home/customer-choice
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Oct 29th, 2021 at 05:04 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

soap opera digest mag
    junk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=walkonby;7173431]thanks you @barbis9 , but I never once entertained the thought of switching ( probably because I am a dinosaur and buck changing) but also since our bill has steadily declined over the years we seem to be doing things right.
    I don't feel we'd save much switching over because more than 2/3 of our use is on the lowest rate. Also the first 1,000 kwh you say is at 9.8? What is the cost for anything over that?
    Shift workers reside here, so middle of the night is actually their daytime.[/QUOTE)

@walkonby after 1,000 kwh its 11.5 cents. In the summer the limit changes to 600 kwh but since I am home during the day, this works best for me. I was told you can change back anytime you want from fixed rate to TOU. Best to check your monthly consumption amount to see which works best for you. I tend to use the most hydro during peak times.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sat, Oct 30th, 2021 at 10:08 AM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

[QUOTE=barbis9;7173485]
    thanks you @barbis9 , but I never once entertained the thought of switching ( probably because I am a dinosaur and buck changing) but also since our bill has steadily declined over the years we seem to be doing things right.
    Shift workers reside here, so middle of the night is actually their daytime.[/QUOTE)

@walkonby after 1,000 kwh its 11.5 cents. In the summer the limit changes to 600 kwh but since I am home during the day, this works best for me. I was told you can change back anytime you want from fixed rate to TOU. Best to check your monthly consumption amount to see which works best for you. I tend to use the most hydro during peak times.

thank you @barbis9 I remember there was that " out " of being able to switch right back. To determine what the first 1,000 kwh is, would I have to total the 3 TOU categories on my monthly bill to see how many kwh I used? ? The totals used of course vary greatly between winter and summer, in fact one of my bills shows both winter and summer usage on the same bill.
    Math? Arithmetic? Calculations? not my strong suit, all the numbers start to blur! ha ha .
    However, I so appreciate the suggestions from anyone posting,reducing our hydro bill was the whole point.
    What we ( as a family ) should actually be doing is unplugging stuff and have less appliances, sigh...but I feel I cannot give up my freezers.
    A real First World problem.
    Ciel21 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Super Nintendo hallmark ornament. Dh wanted to buy it but it was sold out before we saw it and I guess they don’t get new shipments so he had to order it online from Amazon.com it showed up today which was a surprise. He’s already installed the batteries to make sure it works properly. (Last year he was able to get the original Nintendo system ornament in our local store.)

he bought me the grinch record player ornament in store this year since they don’t/haven’t made walking dead ornaments for a few years.
    barbis9, walkonby, crafter and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=walkonby;7173505]

thank you @barbis9 I remember there was that " out " of being able to switch right back. To determine what the first 1,000 kwh is, would I have to total the 3 TOU categories on my monthly bill to see how many kwh I used? ? The totals used of course vary greatly between winter and summer, in fact one of my bills shows both winter and summer usage on the same bill.
    Math? Arithmetic? Calculations? not my strong suit, all the numbers start to blur! ha ha .
    However, I so appreciate the suggestions from anyone posting,reducing our hydro bill was the whole point.
    What we ( as a family ) should actually be doing is unplugging stuff and have less appliances, sigh...but I feel I cannot give up my freezers.
    A real First World problem.
    Yes you add the three TOU categories on each bill for total kwh's. I calculated both TOU and flat rate and it worked out about roughly the same, give or take a few dollars for me. I still forget sometimes that I have flat rate and wait till after 7pm
    Last edited by barbis9; Sat, Oct 30th, 2021 at 06:48 PM.
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=barbis9;7173521]

Yes you add the three TOU categories on each bill for total kwh's. I calculated both TOU and flat rate and it worked out about roughly the same, give or take a few dollars for me. I still forget sometimes that I have flat rate and wait till after 7pm
    Just use the tool on the hydro website. So easy no thinking needed.

Thread Information