User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Unfortunately, I am on sick leave at the moment and really aren't supposed to "EARN" any money because I am being paid from my benefits at work. I am suffering from vertigo and dizzy spells that come on suddenly and unexpectedly so while I may be fine for 2 or 3 days, I can have a dizzy spell at any time so I am not allowed to drive, and it isn't safe for me to carry out "work" in case I a get dizzy and cause an accident (fall, drop something, lose my balance)

I am probably not supposed to go on holiday either! but I have been held prisoner by this condition since Sept, and I don't care how dizzy I feel I need to get a way *lol*

I was going to set up an etsy shop for my mom (she knits a lot!!!) but I have no clue how much it would cost to ship things??? anyone know how I can figure it out. She has some stuff made all ready to sell...

I think I will ask around the forum!!!

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I got a booklet from the post office about how much it costs for various sizes and weights of packages. I have also "mailed" packages by sending them on a bus. They could tell you about prices. Then you'd have to figure out how much your packages measure and weight
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sell your old gold - just make sure it's to a reputable goldsmith -

Do online surveys

Deliver newspapers - it's getting to be nicer weather

Sell some of the things you've bought with coupons that maybe you don't really want. ()

Can you take in a boarder or college student?
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

How about selling doll cloths patterns or similar on ebay or whatever. I know a girl that knits them, makes the pattern/instructions, then posts a picture of the doll wearing the sweater. she then either mails out the pattern or sends over the computer. She gets a few orders a week. You could probably sell your own patterns for toys, cloths, blankets ect!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I do PTC's for almost a dollar a day...takes me about 5 minutes
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daisybear View Post
    If all else fail why not try online !!! I'm kidding!!!!
    So...you think the online was a bad idea?!?!?

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

We stayed at MGM GRand For 4 nights and for like a package deal in Vegas-we went on my DHs air points for flight and $500 food and hotel suite and front of the line and went to Ka and gambled $100 extra money--I hated it sorry
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julie.leeds View Post
    I am going to try to use up leftovers, my husband doesn't like left overs very much, but maybe I can be a bit creative with them and surprise him. ( I usually send left overs to my mom (or on Sunday's she's here and then she takes them with her)
    I make soup for our lunch every day with anything leftover from the night before. It is an economical way to make sure that food doesn't go to waste, and soup can be very tasty!!

One of the tricks I learned was to saute onions in oil or butter until they are soft before you add water and the other ingredients. That seems to help the overall flavour of the soup.

Also, if you have a slow cooker, put any chicken bones with a bit of meat on them on low overnight with water/carrots/celery/onions. The broth the next day is really yummy! (I can send you the recipe for it if you would like!)

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

We went to Vegas to get married 2 years ago and stayed at the Tropicana. 5 days, return airfare for 2 from Vancouver was approx 1000$...the time of our lives!

Have fun, and remember to save room for the buffets (especially if you want to save money, then only have a few snacks throughout the day, then fill up at the all you can eat buffets that are offered at each hotel..... little tip though, stay away from the Excalibur buffet, it's nasty! )

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Take all the extras off of your home phone package. It took us from $60 or more a month to $29 a month. I bought an answering machine at Walmart, and have don't seem to miss caller id at all.

Also, if you don't use your cell much, switch to pay as you go. My cell costs me a $25 card every 2 months, so $12.50 per month.
    Nettie
    Want to join SWAGBUCKS and earn gift cards? Click on my referral link! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/nichandainc
    Visit my blog, to read about how I save money on everyday expenses!
    http://stuffthepiggybank.blogspot.com/

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a very interesting chat with a fellow in line at the bank one day.

He told me about how none of this stuff was his. His job is to go to lawyers' offices and take things that need to be mailed or deposited in the banks. The lawyer's time is worth far too much for that, and their assistants have to be present to answer the phones.

He mentioned that it is a little tricky breaking into the business, but it is a great one once you get started.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brunt View Post
    I had a very interesting chat with a fellow in line at the bank one day.

He told me about how none of this stuff was his. His job is to go to lawyers' offices and take things that need to be mailed or deposited in the banks. The lawyer's time is worth far too much for that, and their assistants have to be present to answer the phones.

He mentioned that it is a little tricky breaking into the business, but it is a great one once you get started.
    Sounds like he is a conceirge... Would love to be in that business myself!
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information