User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

OK. Hubby and I have booked a trip to Vegas and I know some are against credit cards but If we didn't book it, and then pay for it we would never save "enough" money to do it.

So I put the trip on my visa and I am going to pay it off before we go and keep some money aside for spending. My mom is the official holder onto money for us since we don't trust ourselves not to spend it. We aren't going away until the fall so if we save $100 a week, it should be enough to cover it and the spending money too.

So I have figured out if we can earn, save, find, an extra $7.50 a day each we will have met our goal.

I am also going to blog about it in a blog.

www.vegas750.blogspot.com

Please share any suggestions, funny, serious, unique and I will blog about them if I do them. I have already given my mom $100 Canadian and $100 American to hold onto for us.....oh...and my visa card!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Can you think of any service you could do like a craft or something online that you could charge people $5.00 for? You could post it on http://www.fiverr.com/ to make money. If you do one and half each day that would add up to $7.50 lol. I know a guy who does caricatures on there and makes around $100 a week.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    Can you think of any service you could do like a craft or something online that you could charge people $5.00 for? You could post it on http://www.fiverr.com/ to make money. If you do one and half each day that would add up to $7.50 lol. I know a guy who does caricatures on there and makes around $100 a week.
    I could do something!!! I know they have that fuzzy wool at our dollar store and they have cotton, I could do crochet dishcloths and fuzzy scarves *lol* and maybe baby's hats and mitts....kinda wrong season though.

but I will look at the site I am sure something will POP into my head!

Follow the elephant...

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I went to fiverr.com I have offered to send a personalized autographed picture of an amateur pinup model (me *hee hee*)

send an excuse e-mail for someone.

create a custom sandwich, make it, take a picture of it, and send the purchaser the recipe, and name it after the person who commissioned it.

Follow the elephant...

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

You're very creative already! Perhaps you could do grocery shopping for people in an elder person's building for $. Perhaps you could sew buttons on for people who need it. Perhaps you could sing a Happy Birthday gram to someone in your hometown. Perhaps you could walk dogs. Perhaps you could send Birthday, Anniversary, Special Occasion cards for people who are too busy. - You could sell Avon. (If you're interested, pm me)
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    You're very creative already! Perhaps you could do grocery shopping for people in an elder person's building for $. Perhaps you could sew buttons on for people who need it. Perhaps you could sing a Happy Birthday gram to someone in your hometown. Perhaps you could walk dogs. Perhaps you could send Birthday, Anniversary, Special Occasion cards for people who are too busy. - You could sell Avon. (If you're interested, pm me)

I was a member of the presidents club for 2 years....Problem being I bought more Avon than I sold!!! I still love the stuff though!

Sending cards for people is a great idea, maybe filling out forms too. Hmmmm things to ponder.

Follow the elephant...

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Wow good luck with that. I just find credit cards sooo convenient more than anything, and very rarely actually pay with cash, it's usually debit cards. That said trips, usually set people back a lot of money, so it's interesting what you are trying to do to prevent that

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pass the LLQP exam & become a life insurance representative in your community. Here are the main reasons why our success ratio is much better now-a-days compared to 10 years back.
    1. The insurance industry is struggling in finding new talent.
    2. Existing brokers are too busy making money, they don't have time to guide new agents.
    3. Industry is aging, average age of agents in the insurance industry is very high, some are looking to sell their business & retire.
    4. Population is also aging, which require estate planning needs.
    5. Input cost to enter is negligible, & rewards are substantial.
    6. Time consumed can vary (part time to full time, de[ending upon your success).

[email protected]
    Financial Advisor
    FundEX Investments Inc.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

babysit on the weekend...I know sound like something you did in highschool but that might be what gets you the jobs. Some people don't feel right leaving their children with teenagers and would rather have a mom do it instead.
    Go to vistaprint and print off some business cards and hand them out at your sons school. With wedding season coming up you could make a killing...you could even offer pick up and drop offs for an extra fee. Your kids will get a kick out of having some other kids around to play with...and you already have a the supplies you need (toys/videos)

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

If all else fail why not try online !!! I'm kidding!!!!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

What about going to a local event with your camera, set up a table with your computer and printer and print off photos of people/kids and sell them.
    You can take candid pictures or you can set up a cool scene and take photo's in front of it.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Make and sell diaper cakes, they are pretty easy to do and you can get all the items cheap using coupons

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

wow!!! I may keep some of these ideas going after our trip.

I am not a huge drinker, but I am cutting back

1) its a waste of money when I am trying to save and
    2) I want to shed a few pounds before I go and I know in the summer and its hot and we are sitting on the deck 3 or 4 beers (ok maybe 5 or 6 *LOL*) add up to a lot of extra calories!

I don't smoke so I can't cut back on that, and I don't have a daily timmies addiction so that's not something I can give up either.

I am going to try to use up leftovers, my husband doesn't like left overs very much, but maybe I can be a bit creative with them and surprise him. ( I usually send left overs to my mom (or on Sunday's she's here and then she takes them with her)

Follow the elephant...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To add to all the great ideas:

Also consider selling your handmade items on Etsy.com, Lov.li, and ArtFire.com.

If you have some smaller vintage items around the house sell it online.

Larger items for local pick up can be listed for sale on Craig's List.

Weather is getting nice. Start collecting and saving items for a Yard sale in your neighbourhood. Advertise on Criag's List and post some signs around your area.

Sell all those unused items to get rid of all that extra stuff lying around and get some more real estate in your home. Two for one! If you have stuff left over donate it to your local Salvation Army or Goodwill, etc. They'll even pick it up for you!

Sacrifice one luxury item or one regular purchase. It can be as small as ordering no pop at Swiss Chalet, or going only to Swiss Chalet if eating out, or not eating out at all until your after your trip. Skip going to movies. You can wait a little longer for the DVD. After your trip, 3-D yourself out if you wish!

Every time hubby and you get all intimate with you free sample of k-y warming gel (save some for the trip, it's the perfect size!), toss a toonie into the piggy bank that you have started to fill for your trip. Encourage you guys to hang out more, but that little symbol does make it funny. See how many times you did it before the trip when you count the toonies. Brag to friends.

Maybe it's time to cash in that change jar too and start a new one after your trip.

Good luck and keep us updated on your success!

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

What's your free time like? Are you employed full time?

I know some retirement homes hire kitchen staff on a "casual" basis, where you can keep your full time job and they work around your schedule if they can.

It's worth looking into, most are unionized and pay well for a few hours per week.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information