User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Expired on: Mon, Oct 25th, 2010
    I am a new coupon clipper/user and I was wondering what the coupon etiquette is when it comes to taking coupons.

If there is a coupon display on a shelf, can you take more then one coupon?

If there is a coupon hanging off a product, can you take it if you aren't buying that product?

Can you take a peelie without buying the product?

Personally, I would feel like it's stealing, but I would love to hear what everyone else thinks/does.

Thanks, Stephanie
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Go ahead, I Dare You! Carlyfalls's Avatar
    Trading Score
    161 (99%)

The general etiquette would be if their is a coupon on the shelf that is for a product you use you could take 5 - 10 (thats the rule I follow)

If there are bottle neck hangers, you aren't supposed to take those off products, they are supposed to be a bonus with the product (although many people do take them anyways).

peelies are the same as bottle necks, you aren't supposed to take them.

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I only take about 4 or 5 of a coupon hanging on the shelf....per visit

I do not take coupons hanging off bottle necks or peelies. I think of it as stealing also.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Thanks !
    My DH and I went shopping earlier today and I told him that as there was 2 of us it justified taking 2 coupons =) Now I feel better knowing that others take more then one.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you're talking about the coupons on the pads, then take as many as you think you'll need/use.
    Appreciate my help? I'd also appreciate it if you used my referrals

Earn $25 by opening an ING Direct bank account.
    Simply enter
    35156180S1
    as the "orange key" when signing up & make your first deposit of $100.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlyfalls View Post
    The general etiquette would be if their is a coupon on the shelf that is for a product you use you could take 5 - 10 (thats the rule I follow)

If there are bottle neck hangers, you aren't supposed to take those off products, they are supposed to be a bonus with the product (although many people do take them anyways).

peelies are the same as bottle necks, you aren't supposed to take them.
    I agree with all of this.

As for pads of coupons, take as many as you will use, be reasonable, and save some for other people!

If coupons are on a product, they are intended for those that will purchase the product, as a bonus, so don't take them until you are buying the product there.

I remember recently, I was in a RCSS, and I was grabbing some coupons for b2g1f healthy gourmet steamers, so I am fiddling with the pad trying to take a couple off, I was holding a couple of things, including a foundation drink with me and it was a mess trying to get them off. I was dropping stuff and a couple was standing there, it was by the freezers. So I ask them if I am in their way, if they need something from that freezer door, they say no, so I kinda move out of the way anyway and fiddle with the pad, put some stuff down. So the pad finally tears and the whole thing comes off! akwardly I try and put it back, it won't go back, so I throw the remaining pad in the freezer on the products. I compose myself, and then I see the girl take the whole pad that I dumped into the freezer! After all that attempt at leaving some for others, she has the nerve to take the whole thing, right in front of me!
    Last edited by Justine; Sun, Mar 28th, 2010 at 02:14 AM.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I agree with all of this.

As for pads of coupons, take as many as you will use, be reasonable, and save some for other people!

If coupons are on a product, they are intended for those that will purchase the product, as a bonus, so don't take them until you are buying the product there.

I remember recently, I was in a RCSS, and I was grabbing some coupons for b2g1f healthy gourmet steamers, so I am fiddling with the pad trying to take a couple off, I was holding a couple of things, including a foundation drink with me and it was a mess trying to get them off. I was dropping stuff and a couple was standing there, it was by the freezers. So I ask them if I am in their way, if they need something from that freezer door, they say no, so I kinda move out of the way anyway and fiddle with the pad, put some stuff down. So the pad finally tears and the whole thing comes off! akwardly I try and put it back, it won't go back, so I throw the remaining pad in the freezer on the products. I compose myself, and then I see the girl take the whole pad that I dumped into the freezer! After all that attempt at leaving some for others, she has the nerve to take the whole thing, right in front of me!
    I can't believe how incredible rude some people are! I wish there was a coupon police you could call so that they could be publicly ridiculed.
    Keep it carbed......

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I was soo embarrased fiddling with the coupon pad though, in front of people, I looked like such a cheapo I thought, and they were looking at me like a crazy person and then she took it! the whole thing!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I was soo embarrased fiddling with the coupon pad though, in front of people, I looked like such a cheapo I thought, and they were looking at me like a crazy person and then she took it! the whole thing!
    She was only looking to make sure there were enough left over so that she could sell them on ebay...

Which reminds me has the pringles guy tried to sell his coupies on ebay yet?
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Woah @ taking the whole pad of coupons Is she making a coupon soup out of those! Wow

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I agree. Take only what coupons you need and save the rest for others. We all go coupon hunting and deserve to find some. I like to take just 3. And if I want more then I go back the next day and get 3 more. Sort of spreads it out a bit. But my max is that 6 from one location. If I need the coupon. If not then I take the 3 and leave it at that.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofkali View Post
    She was only looking to make sure there were enough left over so that she could sell them on ebay...

Which reminds me has the pringles guy tried to sell his coupies on ebay yet?
    Are you serious? People sell coupons on evilBay?

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Some people!! And then I bet they let them expire too! Such a lose lose situation.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by howwon View Post
    Are you serious? People sell coupons on evilBay?
    yep people do and some people here buy them too. Not something I do myself.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I don't take too many at a time but I do pound the pavement to make return visits.

You know how when some coupons are posted on a little hooked post thingy that is supposed to make it difficult to take more than one at a time? I've learned that if you do want to take 3 or 4 coupons and get them off at the same time, there's a little trick. Peel the coupons off across the top and when you get to the little hooked post thingy just dig your finger in the top and try to keep peeling until the coupons are peeled off well past the little post. Then they seem to all just lift off a lot easier without getting stuck on the post's hooks. It helps if you have tough little fingers of steel!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information