User Tag List

Page 1318 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 318 818 1218 1268 1308 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1328 1368 1418 ... LastLast
Results 19,756 to 19,770 of 26809
Like Tree21264Likes

Thread: Nascar Rules

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bruce: Having Elliott take over the No. 24 car from Gordon is fitting

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – NASCAR's present and its future collided on stage at the Charlotte Convention Center Thursday with Jeff Gordon and Chase Elliott among the five Hendrick Motorsportsdrivers closing out this week's Charlotte Motors Speedway Media Tour presented by Technocom.

A week ago, Gordon announced his plans to run one more full season in NASCAR's premier Sprint CupSeries.
    With four championships and 92 career wins, the desire to perform at the highest level is still there, but Gordon often said he'd step down before time took its toll, and he's proven to be a man of his word once again.
    Thursday, Gordon's successor was introduced asHendrick Motorsports officials announced that Elliott would make five Sprint Cup starts this season before taking over Gordon's familiar No. 24 Chevrolet in '16.
    Elliott, 19, won NASCAR's XFINITY Series title this past year. He also graduated high school.
    It's fitting. Gordon's premier series debut came in a race won by Elliott's father, 1988 series champion Bill Elliott, in 1992.
    The elder Elliott is headed for the NASCAR Hall of Fame, one of five inductees to be honored Friday evening. The son will be there. No doubt Gordon will be as well.
    Along with his five Cup starts this season, Elliott will also attempt to defend his '14 title with JR Motorsports. The organization has become a successful proving ground for talent between the JRM and Hendrick organizations.

"I knew Jeff at some point would retire," Hendrick said Thursday, "but I had no idea Chase would mature as fast and be as good as quick.
    "The thing that I really didn't know about him was could he handle success? When you're 18, 19 years old, can you handle success? Does it go to your head? Do you get smarter than everybody else?"
    Elliott, he said, has proven to be "rock solid."
    Former car owner James Finch had told Hendrick to keep an eye on Elliott nearly five years ago, and Hendrick watched as the youngster progressed from one series to the next.
    The team owner has a remarkable record of identifying talent and pairing a driver with the right combination of personnel to form a winning combination on the track. Rarely have his hunches failed to pay off.
    "I've got a horseshoe on that one, I'll tell you," he said, probably only half joking. Unearthing talent is, after all, often a combination of both timing and luck.
    He found Gordon at Atlanta Motor Speedway, enamored with the youngster's car control during a second-tier event.
    More than two decades later, he was paying Gordon, 43, the highest of compliments as the two prepare to team up for a final season.
    "I want to thank Jeff publicly for all that he's done for me personally, for NASCAR, forHendrick Motorsports," Hendrick said. "We all owe him so much.
    "He has been like a member of my family. I can't put into words what the guy means to me."
    Much will be expected of Elliott due to his father's success and the seat he's scheduled to fill.
    But there is no hesitation in Hendrick's voice when he says Elliott will be a good fit for his organization as well as for the sport.
    From a competitive standpoint, he said he expects the transition to go smoothly.
    The Sprint Cup stars that often drop down a series to compete don't intimidate him and "he races them clean," Hendrick said. "He's not trying to prove anything.
    "The biggest endorsement is when a Kyle Busch or Kevin Harvick or Clint Bowyer comes up to me and says, 'hey, that kid is the real deal. I've raced around a lot of young people and I'd rather race against him than half the veterans out here.'
    "When you have guys like that endorse him for no reason, you know he's respected on the track."
    ROMEO, Tweets77 and rockit like this.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanx for posting the Nascar contest Argo. made sure i been entering everyday.
    ROMEO, Tweets77 and rockit like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Four-time champion 'wouldn't be surprised' if Eldora owner gets him to race

Jeff Gordon likes the offer you made, Tony Stewart, so keep applying the pressure.

On Tuesday during Stewart-Haas Racing's stop on the Charlotte Motor Speedway Media Tour presented by Technocom, Stewart said he had not heard from Gordon regarding his Twitter offer for the four-time champion to run a truck in the 1-800-CARCASH Mudsummer Classic in 2016 atEldora Speedway.

But on Thursday we learned that the Hendrick Motorsports star heard you, Mr. Stewart, and was intrigued.

"Hey, I would not be surprised if he talks me into it," Gordon said during the Hendrick Motorsportsportion of the media tour. "I'm certainly open to it. I thought it was brilliant what he did and I had a lot of laughs, me and him did, back and forth on some text messages. I never say never."

Stewart said on Tuesday that he would "make a great deal for him." The three-time champion also touched on the fact that Gordon's decision to make 2015 his final full-time season caught him off-guard and made him sad.

"I think it caught everybody off-guard. I always thought my whole life, especially early when we were rivals, I thought, 'Man, I can't wait until this guy announces his retirement,' but it's the polar opposite.

"I was really sad. I can't imagine the day that he is not in the 24 car at the track. It's not something I am looking forward to.

"I think we all respect Jeff Gordon, everything that he has done in this sport. I don't think any of us ever imagined the day we weren't going to see him in a car. As the season gets closer to the end, you are going to see a lot of people that are pretty sad about it, especially his peers that he races with."

Gordon appreciated Stewart's emotions regarding his decision to step away from full-time NASCAR racing after 2015. The two champions have mutual respect as longtime rivals.

"It's way cool. I mean, Tony and I have had a really unique relationship over the years because when he came in, it was, 'Oh, OK, here's the next big star of the sport.' Well, I'm here now and so, he was like, 'I'm here to take over your spot,' and we butted heads a little bit at the beginning, even though I had respect for his driving ability. But through that, we recognized what we both can do and how we can go about it in the sport, and along the way, we became good friends and I always had tremendous respect -- probably even more so the last couple of years with me going out to Knoxville (Iowa) and doing some of the sprint-car stuff with the Kick-It (charity) program.

"For him to say that, it means a lot to me, but I also know how I felt when some guys were going out of the sport. I was like, 'That means that my days are starting to get closer as well.'

ROMEO and rockit like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While it's great that Hendrick's has found a driver for the 2016 season, i believe that the #24 car should retire with Jeff. Rick can give Elliot the #25 car to drive instead. The 24 car will always be Jeff's number.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

tick tock
    ROMEO, rockit and the H team like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Four-time champion talks about his future plans on FOX
    Four-time premier series champion Jeff Gordon was a guest Tuesday on "FOX & Friends," and he discussed more details of his new job as a FOX race analyst.

"I am going to do three races this year for FOX and FOX Sports, XFINITY races," Gordon said. "I'm excited to get in the booth and see what it's like. Who knows what might come out of it?"

Those three races comprise nearly a quarter of the 14 NASCAR XFINITY Series races that FOX and FOX Sports 1 will televise in 2015.

When asked whether he would consider going into the booth full time after handing the reins of the No. 24 Chevrolet SS to Chase Elliott, Gordon reiterated that he'd be ready but knows he has a lot to learn this year.

"I love to travel and I love racing," Gordon said. "I'm always going to be a part ofHendrick Motorsports. It's not going to be like focused on driving a race car, but I don't take it for granted. It is going to be tough to do, and we'll see. We'll find out this year."

Gordon was on the FOX News Channel morning show in support of new sponsor 3M and its work during National Children's Dental Health Month.

"This is a new partner of ours this year, 3M," Gordon said. "You think of innovation and technology, you think of 3M, but they also do a lot of great things for charity like Give Kids a Smile. It's about the American Dental Association, and this Friday is Give Kids a Smile Day where dentists all over the country are going to get involved with giving kids an opportunity to get dental work."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Team Penske driver, girlfriend Paige expecting baby girlBrad Keselowski: 2012 Sprint Cup Series champion and … father?

Yes, the Team Penske driver and girlfriend Paige are having a baby girl, Keselowski announced Wednesday via his blog at BradRacing.com.

"The biggest announcement I have to make about the offseason actually has to do with Paige and me," Keselowski said. "We've been together for a little while now, and we've been incredibly happy. And things are about to get even better because we’re having a baby girl together.

"I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life, and Paige is a very large part of that. She's an amazing person. She's soft-spoken, well-educated and smart. She's beautiful, which never hurts. Most importantly, she understands who I am and where I've come from in ways that most people wouldn't know or understand. Her family, which is extremely supportive and feels like an extension of my own, came from very humble beginnings, just like mine did. She's seen the world from a lot of different perspectives that most people never get to see."

The two appear to be a perfect fit for each other and will no doubt be wonderful parents -- and hey, Keselowski and Kyle Busch can share new-dad parenting tips in a few months.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

getting excited!
    Jus over a week to go!
    ROMEO, rockit and the H team like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It starts today...

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13:

ON TRACK
    -- 5-5:55 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Sprint Unlimited practice, FOX Sports 1
    -- 6:30-7:25 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Sprint Unlimited final practice, FOX Sports 1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Too bad I don't receive FOX Sports 1
    ROMEO and the H team like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya, I don't know if it's even available in Canada...I pick it up off the internet on a wild feed...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Get aHybrid 260 box can't beat it
    the H team likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Evening Race Fans,
    The time has finally come & the Nascar season is officially open. A lot has happened in the last 3 months, Brad & his girlfriend are expecting a baby girl, Joey tied the knot with his girlfriend & Jeff announced this was his last full time season of racing. A little cold in Daytona at 52 degrees. Rockie, you got your pants on?
    Paul Menard on the pole with KK on the outside.
    ROMEO and electric_viking like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Paul Menard leads lap 1
    ROMEO and electric_viking like this.

Thread Information