User Tag List

Page 480 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 490 530 580 980 1480 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 26809
Like Tree21264Likes

Thread: Nascar Rules

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lap 257 Ten to go. Denny Hamlin reports debris in Turn 4.
    rockit likes this.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

2 laps to go Kenseth still in the lead.
    rockit likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kenseth takes the white fl&g
    rockit likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kenseth wins at Kansas. 3 win of the season, 2nd of the chase.
    rockit likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by the H team; Sun, Oct 21st, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
    rockit likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the Last year for Matt Kenseth with Rousch Racing. He will be leaving at the end of Homestead race.
    rockit likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

rockit likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Next week they are at Martinsville for the last short track race of the season, the of to Texas, Pheonix & Homestead. Brad has a 7 point lead over Jimmie with Denny just 20 points behind. This is still anyone's championship.
    See you next week.
    rockit likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry I missed the race with ya H... I'll try to be around for Martinsville
    the H team likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Friday, October 26, 2012

11:00am-12:00pm (L) Camping World Truck Practice Martinsville SPEED

12:00pm-1:30pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Practice Martinsville SPEED

2:00pm-3:30pm (L) Camping World Truck Final Practice Martinsville SPEED

3:30pm-5:00pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying Martinsville SPEED

Saturday, October 27, 2012

9:30am (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Practice Martinsville SPEED

10:30am (L) Camping World Truck Qualifying Martinsville SPEED

12:00pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Practice Martinsville SPEED

1:30pm-2:00pm (L) -Pre-Race Camping World Truck Martinsville SPEED

2:00pm-4:00pm (L) -Race Camping World Truck Martinsville SPEED

Sunday, October 28, 2012

1:00pm-2:00pm (L) -Pre-Race NASCAR Sprint Cup Martinsville ESPN (Also on TSN2)

2:00pm-6:00pm (L) -Race NASCAR Sprint Cup Martinsville ESPN (Also on TSN2)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Friday, October 26, 2012

4:30am-6:00am (L) Formula 1 Practice New Delhi SPEED

Saturday, October 27, 2012

4:30am-6:00am (L) Formula 1 Qualifying New Delhi SPEED

Sunday, October 28, 2012

5:00am-7:30am Formula 1 New Delhi SPEED (Also on TSN)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Earnhardt Jr. set for Martinsville return

Driver medically cleared Tuesday after sitting out two races with concussion

Dale Earnhardt Jr. has been cleared to drive this weekend at Martinsville Speedway, according to a statement issued Tuesday afternoon by NASCAR officials.
    The statement said NASCAR's medical liaison received official notification of Earnhardt's clearance to resume racing Tuesday morning.

Junior's head injury

Three days after the Talladega wreck, Dale Earnhardt Jr. went to see a neurologist, who diagnosed him with a concussion.
    Junior to miss two races
    Video: Concussion, diagnosis
    Video: Long-term health in mind
    Caraviello: High price of silence
    Driver walk line after hard hits
    Video: Big One at Talladega
    Kansas tire test crash
    Earnhardt sat out the past two races while recovering from a concussion he suffered in a last-lap crash at Talladega Superspeedway. On Monday, he climbed into a car at Georgia's Gresham Motorsports Park for a closed test session attended by neurosurgeon Dr. Jerry Petty and ran 123 laps without incident. The two then met Tuesday morning in Dr. Petty's Charlotte office for a follow-up evaluation.
    "Dale Jr. has done everything asked of him," Dr. Petty said in a statement released by Hendrick Motorsports. "He hasn't had a headache since Oct. 12, and we have not been able to provoke any symptoms since that time. I have informed NASCAR and Hendrick Motorsports that he is medically cleared for all NASCAR-related activity."
    On Sunday, team owner Rick Hendrick said Earnhardt would be entered for Martinsville if Dr. Petty thought the driver of the No. 88 Chevrolet had healed sufficiently to be cleared to race.
    "I will be shocked if he's not in the car," Hendrick said during the Kansas race. "Everything looks good -- his attitude and the way he feels. He's had no headaches since the Thursday and Friday of Charlotte, and the tests have gone real well. I think Dr. Petty is just being cautious, and I applaud him for that."
    Earnhardt went to see Dr. Petty shortly after he began experiencing dizziness and headaches resulting from the Talladega accident. That, coupled with a serious hit during Kansas tire testing in August that resulted in another concussion, gave Dr. Petty reason to advise Earnhardt to step out of the car until he recovered.
    During his time away from the car, Earnhardt went to Pittsburgh to meet with Dr. Micky Collins, director of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Sports Medicine Concussion Program. Earnhardt also remained actively involved in the team, as replacement driver Regan Smith finished 38th at Charlotte after experiencing an engine failure, then rallied from 39th to seventh at Kansas.
    Earnhardt snapped a four-year winless streak with a victory at Michigan earlier this season, and his 18 top-10 finishes in 2012 represent the most he's had since 2004. He made the Chase for the second consecutive season.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Johnson's experience provides calm in storm

No. 48 driver looks to 'get into Keselowski's head' down the Chase stretch

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Jimmie Johnson was talking with reporters Tuesday at the NASCAR Hall of Fame when a group of elementary-school children nearby began breaking out their miniature hammers.

I want to believe that we'll creep into [Keselowski's] head. I feel like I've always responded well to pressure, but I didn't know that about myself until I was in a hot fire ...

-- JIMMIE JOHNSON

They pounded to their hearts' content, creating such a din of noise as they attempted to build model wooden cars that all Johnson could do was stop talking and start laughing. Besides, he admitted that it reminded him of last Sunday when his No. 48 team had to pound his Chevrolet back into shape after he got into the outside wall on Lap 137 of the 267-lap event.
    Johnson even recalled that his car chief, Ron Malec, was swinging a bigger hammer and making more noise in the pits on Sunday.
    "Ron was hitting it a heck of a lot harder than that," Johnson said. "I was like, 'Dude, stop hitting it so hard! You're going to break something else!'"
    Johnson's rally from what appeared to be disaster -- seemingly a finish of 25th or worse -- to ninth is the kind of deal that could win him his sixth Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. But it left him with mixed feelings a few days after the fact.
    *Video: Johnson talks Martinsville, Chase hopes
    "I really feel that we dodged one," Johnson said. "But at the same time, there still is lingering disappointment on my behalf for putting us in that situation. ... We were chasing down the 56 [car of Martin Truex Jr.] to try to catch him and get by him, and I lose the car and hit the wall.
    "So, I feel like we left some points on the table. It's really my responsibility to not crash the car -- and I did. But to have a wreck like that and get it fixed as fast as they did, and to come back and be as fast and as competitive as we were, there is a lot to be said for that. Still, I hope I don't get to [the final race of the season at] Homestead and need the three or four or five points that we lost there because I crashed the car."
    Johnson enters this Sunday's race at Martinsville Speedway in second place in the Chase standings, just seven points behind leader Brad Keselowski and 13 ahead of Denny Hamlin, in third place. But it's a place where Johnson has won six times -- the last coming in the spring of 2009. Hamlin has won at the .526-mile paper clip four times, including three in a row at one point following Johnson's last Martinsville victory.
    That's all well and good, Johnson said. But then he was quick to add: "You've still got to race the race. Stats only mean so much. But we're excited to go to a track where we've done so well. We know Hamlin is going to be tough, and the 24 [car of Jeff Gordon] is going to be tough, and the 29 [car of Kevin Harvick]. So, we're going to have our hands full."
    The mission, however, is very clear.
    "We've got to be up front," Johnson said. "To a certain degree, I can just focus on the 11 [car of Hamlin] and the 2 [car of Keselowski] at this point -- maybe the 15 [car of Clint Bowyer, who is fourth in the Chase standings]. So, you can work it down from 42 others to just three or four that you really need to outrun. But with Denny's performance at Martinsville, to outrun him you're probably going to have to win the race."

Who will win?

The Chase for the Sprint Cup? This week's race? Check out the up-to-date predictions.
    Follow your driver's chances
    Johnson admitted he is calmer with four races to go in this Chase than he's ever been while running down a title, which he won five consecutive seasons beginning in 2006 before Tony Stewart captured it last season. He also admitted he's hoping Keselowski, who has never been in this situation with four races to go in a Chase, isn't feeling quite as comfortable.
    "If you're in the position of contending for a championship you've never won, at some point you're wondering what to do. You're like, 'What's the road map look like?'" Johnson said. "For me, those were questions I asked myself. But once I had the '06 championship under my belt, I had more confidence in the road I was following in '07 and '08 and so on, because I was reinforcing what I already knew.
    "I think I went from worrying about everything to worrying about almost everything to, this point, however many years later, where I'm worrying about less than I ever did before. My focus is so much more narrow, and I feel like I've got a better vision of what it takes. ... I guess it lets you sleep at night. Experience helps you be more calm."
    Experience, he pointed out, that Keselowski doesn't yet own.
    "I want to believe that we'll creep into his head. I want to believe that the things I went through fighting for my first [championship] will enter his mind, too," Johnson said. "But we're all wired differently and we all respond to pressure differently. I feel like I've always responded well to pressure, but I didn't know that about myself until I was in a hot fire and figured out what was going on. We'll see how everybody responds."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thread Information