User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coupon Fraud

lovin' the savings!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Expired
    I was in Walmart the other night, and I happened to notice a coupon on the ground as I was walking. OF COURSE, I picked it up!! haha..Anyways, it was a B2S3 on any Dove products. I was thinking, "ooh sweet!!"...but then looking closer at the coupon it looks as though, whom ever this belonged to, decided they would cut off the bottom of the coupon..where the expriry date would normally appear! C'mon people!!! Stop cheating the system! Its things like this that will cause companies to stop making coupons for us to use!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2 cents!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I agree!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I agree as well!!
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's sad! Well, hopefully it was on the ground because it wasn't accepted!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

That is REALLY bad!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thats really gready! and unethical!
    $450 in amazon.ca gift certificate and counting Thanks! to Swagbucks! click the link below to join!
    Join Swagucks and get cool Prizes!
    My BBQ Blog http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by reese&rorysmom View Post
    I agree!
    On another note. HOLY CRAP!!!!

This has to be the most awesome cake I've seen in a long time! I love mario! Please make me a delicious cake like that

You did an excellent job on it

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

my grandmother sends me all her coupons and she cuts off the dates all the time I dont think she sees them and cuts them right off.. Maybe thats why it was on the ground they noticed the date was cut off...

Proud Mom of Gena bunnybuster78's Avatar
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bricon1621 View Post
    my grandmother sends me all her coupons and she cuts off the dates all the time I dont think she sees them and cuts them right off.. Maybe thats why it was on the ground they noticed the date was cut off...
    i agree..people shouldn't jump into conclusion too fast

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I cut the dates off of my save.ca coupons by accident sometimes!! Then I try and tape them back up..haha. Other times i'll notice what I've done half way across.. :T

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

I have to admit, with the save.ca and brandsaver.ca coupons, they are often so tiny, that its easy to mistake where the line is.
    BUT, if the person did it intentionally, then same on them.
    ALTHOUGH...you ever think before picking up anything off the ground, if perhaps you might just be on hidden camera so people can see your reaction. They may just send the videos of our facial expressions to Shopaholics Anonymous.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Ive accidently cut the date off a few times before. Well when your in the store and I hadnt cut thm out yet and rip the date off the other coupons. I will then just toss the coupons since most stores wont take them. But I find a lot of people accuse or jump to conclusion right away without thinking of other situations. But yes, people do misuse coupos and the system but no need to point the finger at everyone.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I know one lady who cuts them out on purpose. She isn't a member here, but does come on to check out the deals. She would put some of us to shame on the deals she gets and the amount of deals since she has 2 daughters who are married,and 5 addresses to use including her work address. Sometimes I would get really jealous because when promotions like the Esso $10 WUB3 cases of pop would come along she would get 2 rebates per address X 5 ($100) and basically walk away with 30 cases of pop for free. Secondly she buys all the supplies for work so she gets all the Shoppers Optimum points (toilet paper, pop, etc)...there are so many that the list would go on and on. The ones she particularily cuts is the brandsaver where the date is near the top. I am not an ethics police so if the store lets her get away with it, there is nothing I can do...she has her own free will and makes her own choices. It really is up to the stores and the cashiers to be trained properly to watch for these things.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by truckerofbc View Post
    I am not an ethics police so if the store lets her get away with it, there is nothing I can do...she has her own free will and makes her own choices. It really is up to the stores and the cashiers to be trained properly to watch for these things.
    But, it is selfish behaviour that impacts honest coupon users negatively.

What happens (and I know this from a friend who works in marketing) is that the coupon clearing houses in Saint John will refuse to reimburse the store because the coupon was "corrupted" (e.g., the expiry date was removed). This means that the store has to pay out of its own pocket for the value of the coupon.

The more this happens, coupons become a liability for the store - which therefore means stores will begin to refuse coupons.

It's simple.
    And if the woman truckerofbc is referring to is reading this - shame on you!
    Last edited by maidennomore; Wed, Apr 14th, 2010 at 12:48 AM.

Join me at
    Swagbucks, earn free
    Amazon gift cards and never pay for DVDs or books again!

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maidennomore View Post
    But, it is selfish behaviour that impacts honest coupon users negatively.

What happens (and I know this from a friend who works in marketing) is that the coupon clearing houses in Saint John will refuse to reimburse the store because the coupon was "corrupted" (e.g., the expiry date was removed). This means that the store has to pay out of its own pocket for the value of the coupon.

The more this happens, coupons become a liability for the store - which therefore means stores will begin to refuse coupons.

It's simple.
    And if the woman truckerofbc is referring to is reading this - shame on you!
    Yes, Maidennomore...I totally agree! I just hope that someone noticed the expiry was gone and just dropped it...and then shame on them for littering!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information