User Tag List

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I just came home and I'm steaming.... I feel bad and have to throw it out.

I went to Estee Lauder counter at The Bay (Montreal), because I have received an e-mail inviting me to step by and receive a -deluxe size- sample of their new Even Skintone Illuminator (no purchase necessary).
    Since I'm their regular customer I am subscribed to a newsletter and e-mail updates. I was really interested in this offer since my main skin concern is uneven skin tone and I currently use regular Idealist serum. I was also looking for a product recommendation, since I want to buy a moisturizer, so I thought it will be a good occasion to stop by The Bay counter.
    E-mail didn’t say anything about printing any kind of coupon, there was no link, anything (I have a copy of it, if you would like to see it). I asked sales person about this offer and said that I have received an e-mail invitation. She asked to present the printed e-mail. I didn’t have it with me since it was not required and not even mentioned in the e-mail to bring a copy. With the rude tone, she asked me “How I can be sure you have received?” At that point I was already shocked and she made me feel like if I was lying and trying to abuse.

Staying calm, I have politely answered that e-mail didn’t mention anything about bringing a print-out of this offer and I can give her my e-mail address and telephone number if she wants to check it. I got a rude reply “I don’t have a computer here to check your e-mail!” the lady answered laughing at me.

Seeing my shocked face she handed me 1ml sample. Do you consider 1ml sample as a deluxe size? Me not. I saw the bigger ones were still available behind the counter, I just felt I was not the “chosen one” to receive one of them.

Being their loyal customer for over 3 years now, I have never expected to be treated like that. It’s not about free sample, but about the level of customer service I have received. I was seeing this offer as a way of appreciation for spending my hard earned money there. Their cosmetics are not the cheapest one, serum is about 70$. Treating like that definitely doesn’t make me feel like shopping at Estee Lauder counter anymore.

I have alredy contacted their customer service through e-mail avaliable on their website and sent a complaint. We will see If they will do anything with it.
    This thread is currently associated with: The Bay

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Did your invite have a barcode or cashier instructions? Sometimes, the invites may be unique or they just want a paper copy to prevent the staff from stealing the samples. The 1ml sample was probably the one they are authorized to give away to any interested client. The counter attendant should have been nicer about it though. This is exactly why dept store beauty counters get a bad rep.
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

No it didn't have any code, coupon to print, barcode to scan -anything. There was no mention to bring the print-out with yourself to the counter.
    It looked like this offer was avaliable to anyone who mentioned it.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know exactly what your talking about. There was no coupon link nothing, just said pop in. I find some of these counters have some of the meanest ladies working there. I'd bring in the email and talk to the store manager.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information