User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I know us ladies love us some makeup, so I was wondering if any of you have any tips are tricks that you do to help make your makeup great??

For me if your looking a little tired and down I like to put white eyeshadow in the corners of my eyes to brighten them up and dust a bit on my cheeks to look fresh.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

great thread!

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Senior Canuck Goddess in this Household's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Got this one from my mom:

Instead of buying expensive foot cream (ie Gehwol Fusscraft), use Atract-Tain by Sween. It's a fraction of the cost, and can be found at any home care store. It's used for diabetics when they get dry, cracked skin, and works just as well, if not better, than the expensive spa stuff. Plus it's scent-free, which is an added bonus IMO. Wonderful stuff!

Here's a link:

http://www.sweenstore.com/atractain.html

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

For a pretty mouth: Don't forget to blend your foundation/powder into the corners of the mouth too (usually there's discoloration there). Then apply lipstick, lipgloss as usual. And put little bit of white shadow at the top of the cupid's bow.
    Last edited by ClipClap; Tue, Apr 20th, 2010 at 12:31 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

-Warm up the eyelash curler!!! It makes for a nicer curl that lasts longer. Also, if you have straight lashes, and you want them to stay curled all day you MUST use waterproof mascara.
    -All mascara is the same (formula-wise) There is only waterproof, and regular. THe only diff is the brushes. So dont get sucked into buying the $30 Chanel or Dior at the department store. (a beautician told me this)
    -FOUNDATION PRIMER. I started using this lst year, and i will never go back. I dont actually wear full on foundation, i use concealer on some areas then a bronzer. But the primer makes your skin soft and silky, and fills in all the small ridges in your face for a smooth finish.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I second the primer, my favorite is made by Smashbox. I usually just wear that for work and get ons of compliments on my skin.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

A tip from a friend on mine that I shared with my mom...Black eye makeup is for under 50...after 50 wear black/brown or brown to draw the eye away from any around the eye wrinkles

Trading Score
    17 (87%)

wear an eye shadow base!!! even if ur eyeshadow is cheap if u wear a base it will nicer and longer=)

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I put my foundation on using a damp makeup sponge(rather than a figure or dry sponge) it spreads it out nicer and doesent give that "cakey" look... im not sure if this is common sense or not.. but i know ALOT of girls who dont..so i thought i would share.. lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

also when we are on foundation subject ........... do not buy tinted moisturizer just mix some foundation with your fav. moisturizer and viola........ perfect of medium to light coverage...... spreads easily too

also this winters my skin was very dry I use to mix foundation with serum to give my skin that added moisture.
    JOIN ME AND GET FREE GIFT CARDS! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jainshilpi{earn by daily searches}

http://www.leadprizes.com/members/register.php?ref=sj23{earn by completing P T C offers}

Pm me for help!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

invest in good brushes, they will pay for themselves in the amount of product you save, as I find you use less product. Also clean the brushes regularly. If you get a good eyeliner brush you don't need to buy eyeliner, instead you can just use eyeshadow as liner.

If you want cheap, good brushes, you can try looking at art supply stores, often some of their brushes are better quality and cheaper than make-up brushes.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Great tips everyone!! Keep em comming.

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

love using primer when i wear makeup, just got some for the first time not to long ago...

my other tip is actually not mine, and i usually don't listen to it, but if ur going to wear makeup don't forget ur lips as it looks undone... i always just wear good old trusty mint blistex

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

enjoying all the tps so much!
    JOIN ME AND GET FREE GIFT CARDS! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jainshilpi{earn by daily searches}

http://www.leadprizes.com/members/register.php?ref=sj23{earn by completing P T C offers}

Pm me for help!

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

If you are having problems finding that perfect shade of concealer, just take a dab that is from the leftover part that is usually on the inside cap of your fave foundation. That bit has gotten a bit drier and thicker, so it's perfect to use as a concealer. You can also put a small amount of your foundation into a little sample jar, let it sit in a dust free place with the cap off for a day or two to let it dry out a bit and use that as the perfect shade concealer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information