User Tag List

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hey Everyone.

Myself and my family are heading to Florida next week for a vacation. We've been there a few times before, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks for saving some money down there? Good places to shop, cheap tickets to thing, etc!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I know you're going next week so it's a little late for accomodations tips but we rented a house for the first time this year (as opposed to renting a hotel room) and it was so much cheaper! We were also able to buy groceries and eat breakfast and some dinners at the house (instead of always eating out).

We also got all our park tickets at CAA, which was a pretty good deal!

Hope you have a fantastic vacation!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We're renting a house too!! We did that last time and found it made a huge difference! And so much nicer to be able to have some peace and quiet in your own pool!!! I don't have a CAA membership, so I guess that one won't work, but thanks for the tips
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

There is a Florida Dept. Store called Bealls - quite nice - but my favourite is
    Beall's Outlets - especially the clearance section - they put coloured dots on the clearance prices and you can snag things for 90% off the clearance price.
    Also, they have a 15% off day for people that are 50+ on Mondays - so you get an extra 15% off the lowest prices and then I think it's Fridays that they have a "Less than 50 Day - so anyone less than 50 gets 15% off the lowest price.
    There's a lot of stuff you might not want but it's a lot like Winners - clothing, household accessories, fashion accessories, lingerie, etc.
    I wouldn't miss a Monday at Bealls Outlet when I'm in Florida!

Also, if you want to find a site that can help you find bargains, try DealSeekingMom.com - it's like Smartcanucks - but gives you the lowdown on using coupons and instore bargains especially at grocery stores and Pharmacies.

Hope that helps!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bealls for sure. There are tons of them there. Definitely lots of good deals. Quite very popular in Florida actually. I've been to a couple of them.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

really sorry twin that i cant give you money savingideas but i can tell you a really good money spending idea? get mea souvenier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo hooooo *does the funky chicken* im gunna miss u so much on sc while ur gone wth.

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It depends on where exactly you'll be...some Bealls are nice others are dumps. But a Kohls will never let you down! :-D It's the first store I hit whenever I cross the border...find yourselves a good outlet mall...check the papers regularly esp the Friday/Saturday ones for coupons, deals, etc. Don't waste money on little souveniers...if you simply must have a "Florida" towel or hat, buy the cheapest one...you won't be so delighted to have one when you get home. Buy something that will really be nice to have...a special tea cup...a piece of jewellry...but nothing that says "Florida"...lol...unless you promised people back home some 'stuff'. ;-)

There are good deals to be had at "flea markets" along the main roads...I bought some gorgeous jewellry at a stall at one of those places and still love them today. If you're looking for knock-off purses, that's where you'll find 'em, too. Gift shops overcharge for the same things you'll find at those 'flea markets'.

If you want LOTS of food on the cheap, the Golden Corall is the best place...all you can eat for a single low price. And if you can think of it, they probably have it!
    http://www.goldencorral.com/
    You'll find them all over the place! If you want a road-house, Chili's is THE best! Very good food, served hot and lots of it...inexpensive drinks...I think the day my DH and I went, we had two cocktails, two appys, dinner and dessert all for about $30!! Unheard of in Canada! We really need Chili's to cross the border!

Even if you can't afford to shop there, you must visit stores like Saks, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, but save your money and shop at Macy's! OMG!!! My MOST favourite non-discount chain there!! Saturdays they have great sales...check on-line for them. Of course, they all have sales of something all the time!!

Where are you going, exactly? Is it the Disney area? Orlando? There are good deals to be had for tickets there, too.....WallyWorld is one of them...

Have fun!!!!!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Since you are renting a house, do your grocery shopping at Wal-Mart Supercentre. They were the cheapest by far when we were down in February. Also, they had a bunch of reps at both WM and Target on Saturdays giving out coupons.

On a side note: Edmonton has a Chili's! We went there for the first time last week-end. I loved it, but thought it was a bit pricey. Must be more expensive than the US. But then again that's usually the case.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

You guys rock! We're going to Orlando first, then St. Pete's beach for a while. We always hot up the flea market in St. Pete's and get great deals. I haven't been to a Macy's but I am for sure hitting one up this time!! We'll have to check out groceries at Walmart. We didn't do that last time, just went to a grocery store, but someone else told me to shop there as well for out food. I cannot wait!! 5 more sleeps!!

And I'll miss twin too!! I'll have to send you a souvenir!!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Like Lynn49 said, Beals can be very bad. I won't set foot in ours in Panama City Beach, it's smells moldy and is very messy... Ross is great!! Same as Winners but cheaper. I go all the time. Target is also good. As far as Walmart goes for groceries, it depends on the season. Here on the beach, when all the tourist hit the store at once, you can get stuck in the line up for 45 minutes before you can pay. If I go in high touristic season, I make sure to be there before 8 AM or after 9 PM (open 24hr). As far as your tickets go, look for them online. We get the Florida resident discount but my brother got his Disney passes $75/3days, not sure which site tho...
    Make sure to apply sunscreen every morning it is getting VERY hot these days... can$ is up!!!! PM me if you think I can help you more, been down here for a while now, maybe I can help...
    Nanoush

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Since you are renting a house, do your grocery shopping at Wal-Mart Supercentre. They were the cheapest by far when we were down in February. Also, they had a bunch of reps at both WM and Target on Saturdays giving out coupons.

On a side note: Edmonton has a Chili's! We went there for the first time last week-end. I loved it, but thought it was a bit pricey. Must be more expensive than the US. But then again that's usually the case.
    AW..isn't it a crock that even with our $ almost on par or near it, we always get dinged big time here compared to the US prices!! Good food though, hmmmmm?

Agree re Walmart groceries...and Ross's...Marshall's...but my heart will always reside with Macy's...

Have a wonderful trip...with very comfy shoes! LOL!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I bought very comfy walking sandles!! gonna need them! LOL
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Thread Information