User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Best Care For Hair

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I am looking for the best tips for dry , frizzy, flyaway hair. I do not use blow-dryers or curling irons, and I my usual brand of shampoo and conditioner is Dove, yet my hair is dry and frizzy.My hair is thick, wavy and curly.thanks in advance for any suggestions
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    [email protected] likes this.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a major problem with flyaways and frizzyness in general. My hair is usually straight, but I can only get it really nice if I straighten it.

What helps with my hair is John Freida's Frizz-ezz hair serum. You apply about a dime size amount after you shower, and it helps control your hair. It's weird, I still get flyaways from it (I don't use it on my scalp because I find it looks greasy), but I definitely notice when I don't use it. My hair is very very frizzy, and unruly.

So if you want to give that a go, I would try. The small bottle is deceiving, but I can get away with using the small bottle for 3 or 4 months using it every other day when I shower. :D

Good luck!
    PammieD likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I HAD a serious problem with dry, majorly frizzy, fly aways too. I tried MANY shampoos and conditioners to solve the problem. I finally found something that works. Believe it or not it is Pantene Restoratives Frizz Control. Actually it works sooo well that I can only use the conditioner on my ends and very seldom now on the top.

I found that it took about a good couple of weeks to really begin to work, and once it did, what a impressive improvement!!!!!

Hope this helps, and good luck!
    Last edited by maggiespice; Sun, Apr 25th, 2010 at 01:34 PM.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

..i will be watching this thread for tips lol.. i am waiting for a product i bought last week(should be here tomorrow) "Got2Be Smooth Operator smoothing satin drops" it was like 10$ for a bottle.. here hoping it helps a bit( i was persuaded by the really fancy bottle lol)
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by orv View Post
    ..i will be watching this thread for tips lol.. i am waiting for a product i bought last week(should be here tomorrow) "Got2Be Smooth Operator smoothing satin drops" it was like 10$ for a bottle.. here hoping it helps a bit( i was persuaded by the really fancy bottle lol)
    Oh my gosh! I bought that during a SDM 20x point redemption. It was on sale I think.

I find it decent. I find it WAYYY too oily to smooth down my flyaways, but it's nice for my ends and stuff. It makes my hair shiny, but not really a necessity product for me.

When you get your bottle, tell me what you think!

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I think Herbal essences tousle me softly shampoo and conditioner is great for frizzy, fly away, wavy hair. Then add the tousle me mousse and it works fantastic!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have a bit of perm growing out so I'm back to Frizz-Ease! Love the stuff! I've also switched to a conditioner that's supposed to be made to tame frizzies....my hairdresser is on mat-leave and I can't wait until she gets back for a trim...isn't it a pain finding a new hairdresser???
    Dee09 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WandaJean View Post
    I am looking for the best tips for dry , frizzy, flyaway hair. I do not use blow-dryers or curling irons, and I my usual brand of shampoo and conditioner is Dove, yet my hair is dry and frizzy.My hair is thick, wavy and curly.thanks in advance for any suggestions
    my SIL hair was the same way..maybe you should try the curly girl method, using cone free condtioner ex suave naturals and ditching the sulfate shampoo or switching to 1 without sulfates and you'll see a change my SIL hair did a complete 360 using condtioner to wash her hair instead of shampoo you should also visit naturallycurly.com they got tons of great tips and there is also pics of people's hair before and after who've used that method HTH

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so far , i don't have problems with my hair .. it's shiny and beautiful ever since.. i just use conditioner everyday..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too have a problem with frizzy , dry, over processed flyaway hair. What I use is Nexxus products.
    Thereppe Luxurious hydrating shampoo {smells like coconut} and Humectress Ultimate moisturizing conditioner. They are a bit pricey but soooooo well worth it.
    Plus its cruelty free

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh to add to my post above..
    Nexxus has several different products for different hair types. You can purchase it in most drug stores and other larger stores.
    The cost is about $ 8.00 -$ 15.00 depending on the product type and size.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm thinking of trying Aveeno's shampoo and conditioner (I have a coupon). I've been reading some reviews and most say it's pretty moisturizing.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I used to have silky straight hair. I don't know what I did to it that it became dry, frizzy, damaged and to top it all, it's also thinning. Some people say that it's not good for the hair to be washed everyday, I do. I use shampoo and conditioner everyday. I try different shampoos as well. My hair is not as nice as it used to be

Sorry OP can't help you but thanks for starting this thread!
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    I used to have silky straight hair. I don't know what I did to it that it became dry, frizzy, damaged and to top it all, it's also thinning. Some people say that it's not good for the hair to be washed everyday, I do. I use shampoo and conditioner everyday. I try different shampoos as well. My hair is not as nice as it used to be

Sorry OP can't help you but thanks for starting this thread!
    most shampoo's have sulfates in them if you start co washing (washing your hair w/ cond.) instead of shampoo that will really help your hair and improve it's texture

Conditioner-only washing can result in shiny, moisturised hair that requires infrequent washing. Going shampoo-free can also help treat scalp conditions or thinning hair.
    http://hair-care.suite101.com/articl...y_hair_washing

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have long curly hair and I was mortified as I mentioned on a previous thread that when I got pregnant my hair dried up like fried wonton noodles. LOL Anyways, I went back using ABBA's leave-in conditioner after I wash my hair. I treat myself to a home remedy hair treatment and use HELLMAN's (ONLY) mayo. I leave it on for at least an hour or two when my hubby and my daughter's visiting the in-laws. lol

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information