User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired
    Please got to: http://store.feelyourboobies.com/frfeyobost.html

Feel your boobies is a breast cancer non-profit organization whose mission is to create an annual reminder campaign that utilizes unexpected and unconventional methods to remind young women to "feel their boobies".

THE CAMPAIGN

The "Are You Doing It?”® Reminder Campaign is the annual Feel Your Boobies campaign focused on our mission of utilizing unexpected and unconventional methods to remind young women to "feel their boobies".

What exactly does unexpected mean? Well, it means you probably won’t see a “feel your boobies” brochure at the doctor’s office…but you sure as heck might pass the Boobies Bus® on the freeway, or you might be laying at the beach and see an airplane towing a banner with our logo during our Boobies @ the Beach promotion, or, if you’re on Facebook, you just might be lucky enough to claim a free car magnet or sticker.

"Feel Your Boobies" may seem simply like a fun and provocative slogan, but it's really our way of asking “Are You Doing It?”® – well….are you?

Check out who has been doing it!
    We have 7+ people who credit the Feel Your Boobies, "Are you doing it?" Campaign with saving their life.
    HOW WE'RE REMINDING THE WORLD

THE BACKGROUND

Feel Your Boobies® was founded in 2004 after our Founder, Leigh Hurst, was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 33. She found her lump simply by “feeling her boobies”, not through a formal self-breast exam. What originally started as a few fun t-shirts she designed to remind her friends to “feel their boobies” has evolved into non-profit Foundation and international campaign focused on spreading this life saving message to young women using unexpected and unconventional methods.

Why use unexpected and unconventional methods? Well, based on Leigh’s experience, many young women tune out messages about breast cancer because they don’t believe they are at risk or the messages are too clinical. Here at Boobies Central, we know that research shows that simply “feeling your boobies” (aka “breast awareness) is just as effective at identifying lumps or other breast changes as the traditional step-by-step process of “breast self-exams”. And that’s exactly why we’re here -- to give you “a friendly reminder when you least expect it”. So get feeling girls, and remind a friend to do the same.

ABOUT THE FOUNDER

Like so many young women diagnosed with breast cancer, Leigh’s breast cancer diagnosis seemed to come from out of nowhere. Having been an avid runner & triathlete and having no family history of the disease, the words “breast cancer” rarely even crossed her mind. But after feeling a lump in her breast that was undetected by doctors and finding out two years later that this lump in fact was cancer (Stage 1), Leigh realized that truly anyone is at risk of developing breast cancer and that being in touch with your body can help ensure an early diagnosis. She also wondered why, as a health conscious person, she had not thought more about breast cancer and came to the conclusion that the messages that are out there simply don’t get through to young women. From this basic idea, Feel Your Boobies was born.

Having spent her career focused on learning technologies and behavior change, Leigh was familiar with honing messages to match her audience. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Communications from Ithaca College and went on to earn two Master’s Degrees (Florida State & Northwestern University) in the areas of Learning Sciences & Simulation Technologies. She worked for Accenture doing business consulting in the area of eLearning, and helped several small companies create their eLearning product lines. This background helped her create a campaign that is not only spreading this lifesaving message to an underserved audience, it’s actually saving lives.

To read more about Leigh’s story or to inquire about speaking engagements, visit SaySomethingBig.com.

I normally do not support these causes, but I love the idea of it and wound up buying a roll of stickers.

THE ORIGINAL T-SHIRT
    THAT STARTED IT ALL

FOUNDER, LEIGH HURST

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

hey, thats my pick-up line when I go to a bar

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Cool site. I'd like the cap but it's sold out

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Cool, thanks for posting : )

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 23edge View Post
    you know, for some reason i dont doubt it

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That is awesome. A great way to add humor to a thing that many women don't do..
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

HAHAHA! OMG I love it, thanks!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Don't forget your yearly PAPs and Gardasil vaccine for those young'uns!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What an awesome slogan. Thanks!

Pannational Acquisitioner DarthMonkey's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not too sure where I will stick it, but thanks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonkey View Post
    I am not too sure where I will stick it, but thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 23edge View Post

I came close to peeing I laughed so hard when I read this. Thanks for making my day! I will be sticking them anywhere and everywhere I go. Its worth a great cause, and it is such a cute slogan. There are places everywhere in Calgary where you can place notices and decals, plus I think everything I own will advertise with a sticker. Now if only they had cute badges for bags...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanx!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I LOVE this campaign and just received my sticker in the mail today! I'm looking for the perfect place to stick it loudly and proudly; a reminder to my friends, fam and I to feel our boobies on a regular basis. :D

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They're out of free stickers, but I love the campaign!
    We all buy stuff, so make it good stuff (and earn $15!) www.ethicalocean.com/i/fuq3uq

Collect and win prizes from Swagbucks. http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=118602

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information