User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by starobsolete View Post
    Just booked my prom makeup appointment with MAC. For 55 dollars, they would do the makeup, but I would be able to take home the makeup that they used on me. Woo hoo!
    I like the first look that you posted. Also, the $55 for the MAC makeover is redeemable towards any of the products that they had used on you, or any other MAC products of your choice. The makeup that they would probably end up using on you would come out to more than $55 if you were to buy them all. So, no, you won't be able to take home all the makeup that they used on your for the $55.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberSun View Post
    I love the 2 pics that you posted they look natural and not too overdone
    If you were going to do something bold I would do big eyes and subtle lips or bold lips and subtle eyes just to keep everything balanced. Thats my plan I'm graduating this year too!

Do you have your dress all picked out and bought already?
    Aww well thank you! I'm thinking if I were to go bold, I would go for a bolder eye than lip. I find my mouth rather large (in more ways than one...) so the colours always look disproportionate! xD

Ohh! Congratz! What are you planning to do with your hair and makeup?

I have my dress pretty much all set to go. I got mine custom made for a decent price, and i'm gonna pick it up on Saturday. ^__^ So excited for that. How about you?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junerose View Post
    I like the first look that you posted. Also, the $55 for the MAC makeover is redeemable towards any of the products that they had used on you, or any other MAC products of your choice. The makeup that they would probably end up using on you would come out to more than $55 if you were to buy them all. So, no, you won't be able to take home all the makeup that they used on your for the $55.
    Oops, yup, that's what I meant.

I'm already figuring out which products I should pick out. I think I might get the black track fluid line liner and a brush to go with it and maybe a foundation? I better start brushing up on some MAC reviews!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm getting my hair and makeup done at the hairsalon I go to but I might consider going to MAC now that I heard about getting some makeup to take home too. The MAC store is honestly 1 km from my hair salon so that sounds like the better option.

I just got my dress in mid last month it looks like this and its in purple
    http://www.cbslimited.com/joli-prom-dress-9107.htm

I can't wait to see yours!
    You know you love me xoxo Gossip Girl

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberSun View Post
    I'm getting my hair and makeup done at the hairsalon I go to but I might consider going to MAC now that I heard about getting some makeup to take home too. The MAC store is honestly 1 km from my hair salon so that sounds like the better option.

I just got my dress in mid last month it looks like this and its in purple
    http://www.cbslimited.com/joli-prom-dress-9107.htm

I can't wait to see yours!
    What a lovely dress, Hon! I immediately thought of Sandra Bullock in that...very classy and chic! Have a lovely prom, Ladies!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    What a lovely dress, Hon! I immediately thought of Sandra Bullock in that...very classy and chic! Have a lovely prom, Ladies!!
    AWW thank you so much I love that dress too
    You know you love me xoxo Gossip Girl

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ohh soo...sad update.

I canceled my MAC makeup appointment. Apparently, they've been blatantly lying to my friends and I. I remember when I made my appointment over the phone, I made SURE to confirm that the 55 dollars would be redeemable in product. She said yes, and everything was dandy.

But when one of my friends was making her appointment, she was told the 55 dollars was a "service" fee, and any products would have to be purchased.

I called to confirm this and it was confirmed. Extremely mad and disappointed with MAC.

As one of my friends mentioned, when were they gonna tell us? When we were picking out our products?

Soo...I guess I'm gonna be doing my own makeup...unless I book another appointment at a salon or something...*sigh*

False advertising...=(
    Last edited by starobsolete; Sun, May 9th, 2010 at 12:27 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (87%)

this was my prom makeup=) i got it done at mac... idk if they change the rule but last time i check if u get done at a mac store den the 55 is a fee... but if u get it done at a counter like the ones at the bay its free but u have to buy 55 worth of products... where did u make the appt?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i know for the mac counters at the bay you spend 50 dollars and you get a free makeover..
    If your kinda scared of doing the make up on your own, then that day you should go to some make up store like ... the body shop or london drugs and i think just say that you dont really have any experience putting on eyeshadow (thats the biggest part of your face that day.) or if they have any suggestions and they might do your make up for you to try and help you out.
    Or you can just buy those cheap maybeline or l'oreal pallets that have like five colors, since they usually have instructions on the back on where/how to put it.
    Wet and wild has some nice pigmented ones and they're really cheap. 4-5 bucks?

Good luck

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@JCsmom - Your prom makeup was beautiful! =) Looks super pretty! I made my appointment at a stand-alone store. =/ I just can't believe they would mislead like that though. Not even mislead. Lie.

@shdiep - Ohh thanks so much for the ideas. I'll definitely be thinking about that for sure. The part i'm actually most scared about is my face, foundation and concealer...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I have had my makeup done at Mac counters about 3 times, and NEVER PAID A DIME.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    I have had my makeup done at Mac counters about 3 times, and NEVER PAID A DIME.
    How did you go about asking for it? Did you just ask them to show you some techniques or just ask if they could do your makeup? Was it a full face makeup? Did you make an appointment?

Weird!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

you could go to sephora if you have one close they do free "consultations" if you intend to actually buy something...so if its foundation you are more worried about just tell them you dont know how to apply it or have never applied it before...you could also call ahead and see if you can get an appt with someone experienced for help

they arent supposed to give full makeovers but some girls will depending how busy it is or how badly they want to make some sales...I would just go with the intention to actually purchase something they use on you though so they don't think they are wasting time on you...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information