User Tag List

Just learning!!
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The family and I were thinking it might be neat to go to Montreal on the long weekend. Just wonder if some of you could give me some ideas as to what there is to do - my kids are 11,8 and 4. Was also wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an inexpensive but nice hotel - a pool would be an added bonus. I was gonna search online for stuff - but thought I would ask all of you for your input - afterall, you know your city best
    Thanks for your thoughts and input.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Join swagbucks, earn points for doing searches you would be doing anyways! Points can be redeemed for a variety of gift cards!! Why not give it a try! You've got nothing to lose!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/melmomof3

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I used to live there, and the whole city is beautiful...lots of stuff to do...I would pm Patty Smyth on here, she lives there and knows everything, haha! (Love you Patty!)
    What about going to the Botanical gardens? or walking around Old Montreal..

Laval | where things spelt backwards makes sense.
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

A friend of mine recently stayed at the Square Phillips Hotel http://www.squarephillips.com/, her room was fabulous, large, spacious, kitchenette (with fridge, dishwasher and all the amenities that go along with that). And at a very decent price. Plus it was centrally located downtown. Plus indoor pool.

And if you're here on May 24th it's free museum day. http://www.museesmontreal.org/en/24t...al_Museums_Day

Just learning!!
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks - darn we would miss out on museum day.... not too sure if it's gonna happen this weekend afterall It's somewhere we've always wanted to go since moving to eastern Ontario. Hopefully we can still get there
    Join swagbucks, earn points for doing searches you would be doing anyways! Points can be redeemed for a variety of gift cards!! Why not give it a try! You've got nothing to lose!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/melmomof3

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Oh do the Amphibus!!! You can get on it near the imax on the river and it's like a tour bus, and it goes in the water!!! so cool, we did that when we went and it was the highlight of the whole trip. And go to the biodome. And just walk around.. it's so pretty, I really liked Montreal.

As for hotels, we stayed at the Hyatt on St.Catherine, I wouldn't really recommend it though, okay location, but kinda expensive and hyped up to be really great, but the hotel was kinda dated. It had a pool though and it was across from the Arts Complex, and eggspectation is downstairs, this great breakfast restaurant, I love their breton benedicts, so good, I dream about those things sometimes.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Journée des musées is on may 30th, not 24th

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think you could go to the Biodome but if you do try getting a family annual pass in the basement. Its 60 dollars and good for 2 kids and 2 adults, an extra kid is 5 dollars. Its 65 dollars you could probably give it to another family too since the first day you don't have a photo in it. If you add it up its cheaper than 2 adults and 3 kids for the day. Plus you get discounts on food there and in the gift shop. Not to mention its often faster to get the annual membership than to wait in the lines. Plus in June you can go to the jardin botanique for free....and in September...the planatarium. Its a good deal....even for tourists outside the city.

Westmount Library is attached to a nice greenhouse and a lovely park. Its free.

I really like ils du moulin.....its in Terrebonne just east of montreal....its a lovely park with lots of birds....and bring nuts for the squirrels.

The underground shopping is nice.

The IMAX at the centre du science is really good too, near the old port. Its a little expensive but i tend to find it worth it.

I hope if you came/come you had a good time.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Oh do the Amphibus!!! You can get on it near the imax on the river and it's like a tour bus, and it goes in the water!!! so cool, we did that when we went and it was the highlight of the whole trip. And go to the biodome. And just walk around.. it's so pretty, I really liked Montreal.

As for hotels, we stayed at the Hyatt on St.Catherine, I wouldn't really recommend it though, okay location, but kinda expensive and hyped up to be really great, but the hotel was kinda dated. It had a pool though and it was across from the Arts Complex, and eggspectation is downstairs, this great breakfast restaurant, I love their breton benedicts, so good, I dream about those things sometimes.

That's a great ride and there are also ones that will take you on a dinner cruise or just cruise around the islands or all the way to Sept Ilses. The "Bateau Mouche" is one. www.bateaumouche.ca 1-800-361-9952.

You can PM me if you want more info. on events I have the latest tour guide of Montreal that I just received in the mail actually. LOL

Thread Information