User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the sales at Zellers in the North End. I got a chance to look around a bit but not as much as I would have liked.... I could really spend hours looking for that perfect deal and not notice the time go by! Everything is marked down from 20-70% right now. Toys and games are marked down 20%, household cleaners-20%, baby items-30%, kitchen sutff- 20%.... Holiday clearance stuff is marked down 70% which is great considering it was already marked down 75%!! I

If you see the baby stuff go any lower let me know... we're hunting for a certain car seat that they sell. Is it wrong that I want a BETTER deal!?!? Nah

There are a big group of tables put together in the back corner(behind the household cleaners/laundry det) full of clearance items which is also discounted I think. Don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure that everything is 20-70% off of the ticketed price.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    Last edited by AudiMama; Fri, May 21st, 2010 at 08:13 PM.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

yay your first post!!! I stopped in Thursday morning but I didn't really see a huge markdown yet but I was able to pick up a couple of things for the girls. The tables in the back are all of the "dollar daze" items and it's all 2 for .97 plus the wall up by the food section is filled with boxes of it too I'm hoping the deals start getting a little better so I'll let you know if I see the baby stuff go lower. Let me know what seat it is so I can be on the lookout for it when I am there and I'll let mom know too!!

Welcome to SmartCanucks!!!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Thanks! The seat that we're keeping our eye out for is the one made by Cosco... It's blue and blue plaid(I don't remember the actual name of it). It's the only one that will fit in the car with the other two seats!!

I did manage to score a cute bike helmet set for Eryka last night. It was reg. $29.99, market down to $9.99 and then 20% off of that! It will hopefully last the two girls so all in all... a pretty good buy!

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

WELCOME. I'll be sending Duane on his lunch hours. He works over north and I never get there. I may take a peak sometime today

Side note, do either of you need a 1.50 off Ben's Smart Bread when you buy 2? I've got a bunch and Sobeys has it on sale 2/$3 (I think!). After coupon it's .75 a piece.

Is it wrong that I want to buy a larger freezer to hold all of my coupon scores? NAH.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I will keep a eye out also I live North and and usually down that way just to walk a few times a week.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AudiMama View Post
    Thanks! The seat that we're keeping our eye out for is the one made by Cosco... It's blue and blue plaid(I don't remember the actual name of it). It's the only one that will fit in the car with the other two seats!!

I did manage to score a cute bike helmet set for Eryka last night. It was reg. $29.99, market down to $9.99 and then 20% off of that! It will hopefully last the two girls so all in all... a pretty good buy!
    I'd love to know what car seat will fit in the car with two other car seats!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

http://www.coscojuvenile.com/usa/eng...tible-Car-Seat

This is the magic seat! We find that it sits high enough to go over the arm rests of our son's booster seat and the other convertible seat that we have. Three car seats in the back of a pontiac vibe for almost a year now! We bought a carseat just like this off of kijiji but got bombed as it was American. Our bad for not checking It sells at Zellers and Walmart.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mamasavesmoola View Post
    Is it wrong that I want to buy a larger freezer to hold all of my coupon scores? NAH.
    Nope not at all in fact if we had the room I'd love a larger freezer too, lol....I picked up 10 loaves of the Country Harvest Vitality last week from GT (.75 w/coupon). It's amazing how much you can save with coupons

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

DH dropped by and picked up some sneakers for the kids - about $6 a pair even for the older kids. We bought a few sizes a head as well - I can't keep my kids in shoes, they grow so fast!!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mamasavesmoola View Post
    DH dropped by and picked up some sneakers for the kids - about $6 a pair even for the older kids. We bought a few sizes a head as well - I can't keep my kids in shoes, they grow so fast!!
    WOW great deal!!! I know what you mean about them outgrowing their shoes and I only have to buy for the oldest one right now but it seems like she went from a size 1 last year to a 4 this year and skipped size 3.

Was it still just mainly 20%-50% or are they marking more stuff down?

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

Not sure - DH picked them up...surprisingly. That man is totally unpredictable. I'm fairly certain it was 50%.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I was in today Lilyana's Mommy and I didn't notice that anything had been marked down any further. Hopefully soon...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I find the markdowns are going A LOT slower than I anticipated. (A lot slower than when Zellers closed before becoming Zellers Select in the first place)

I was there yesterday, and pampers were $26.24 for a club pack (126 in size 4). That's comparable a weekly sale at Superstore, not what I'd expect from a store that's closing!

And they arent observing the Zellers flyer anymore. All their food is 10% off REGULAR prices - no sale prices in that department. So a box of Fruit Loops, for example, was $5.99. Getting 10% off and paying $5.40 is not a deal in my books!

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

That's not a good deal at all - I expect that two days before the doors close there will be a mad throng of people getting 80% off of what's left. It won't be fun to shop in that chaos, but the deals should be good. Anyone know what the last day is for the store??

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

One of the cashiers said that it was in July.... she wan't specific as to when during the month... so the big markdowns could happen soon I guess!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information