User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Finally the yard is shaping up and getting a bit more colorful, wanted to share couple of pics. that I took today ...

These are the very first Clematis blooms since I planted it last year only....
    http://www.clixsense.com/?4532002
    CLIXSENSE : made $850 in just one year

swagbucks.com/refer/donnaGontario
    SWAGBUCKS : earned $1450 so far

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by donnaG View Post
    Finally the yard is shaping up and getting a bit more colorful, wanted to share couple of pics. that I took today ...

These are the very first Clematis blooms since I planted it last year only....
    Nice pics!
    I have no luck with Clematis.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

DonnaG,

nice! i picked up a sad looking clematis at home depot. they had 3 with no tags marked down to 3.99. i'm nursing it because it was in pretty bad shape. if i end up with blooms like that i'll be happy i think next yr tho, right now it's comprised of two 12" stems with very few leaves and no buds!

your pics are encouraging, thank you!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks anisa & Shwa Girl

I got these last year from Homedepot as well, not in big 1 gallon containers , just in small plastic sleeves ...kind of, that too BOGO free , nothing much happened last year , just some scrawny stem and a bloom I purchased it with , but this year its already beyond the 10 ft. trellis I put up to support it , pretty healthy looking although not very full, perennials always do better starting the 3rd year onwards , so one has to be patient
    The second one is shorter , a diff. variety , waiting to see the very first BLUE bloom , hope all that rain, wind and hail didn't damage my plants , what a weather bomb we got in GTA this evening

In this image you can see some Dianthus in bloom , they are sold in 4 pks. as annuals , but they are the cheapest perennials which come back bigger and better every year , the yellow flower in the back is metal , left there for the dreary , colorless winter months

Also there but not yet blooming....Sedum, Tiger Lily, Day Lily, miniature rose, Black eyed Susan, 1 yr. old Blueberry bush ....I like to pack them in :D

Last edited by donnaG; Wed, Jun 8th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    any good tips?

i was tempted to get a raspberry bush (well stump actually) but then didn't because i thought the squirrels or birds might eat them.
    I am not sure about the birds but if you hang things near them it is supposed to scare off the birds. They sell whirly birds or for the more frugal gardeners, hang old cd's or even bags......something that will wave....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

donna - beautiful! I'm a huge dianthus fan, too!
    Nice that the clematis is blooming already! I keep an eye on our neighbour's across the street - he's got them running up trellises on the front of his house, they are barely growing yet - things are SO behind here!

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Donnag - gerat pics! thank you for sharing! I tried clematis for years ans never could get it to grow until I moved it to my moms!!!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I love gardening... yesterday's wind storm blew over the four o'clock seedlings I was growing in little pots to plant!!! Went out this morning and found 20 of the seedlings and repotted them!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just gonna add some pics I took in the front yard the other day. By the way donnaG, I love Clematis, and could only find one bloom worth taking a shot of.

Enjoy all!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by donnaG View Post
    Thanks anisa & Shwa Girl

I got these last year from Homedepot as well, not in big 1 gallon containers , just in small plastic sleeves ...kind of, that too BOGO free , nothing much happened last year , just some scrawny stem and a bloom I purchased it with , but this year its already beyond the 10 ft. trellis I put up to support it , pretty healthy looking although not very full, perennials always do better starting the 3rd year onwards , so one has to be patient
    The second one is shorter , a diff. variety , waiting to see the very first BLUE bloom , hope all that rain, wind and hail didn't damage my plants , what a weather bomb we got in GTA this evening

In this image you can see some Dianthus in bloom , they are sold in 4 pks. as annuals , but they are the cheapest perennials which come back bigger and better every year , the yellow flower in the back is metal , left there for the dreary , colorless winter months

Also there but not yet blooming....Sedum, Tiger Lily, Day Lily, miniature rose, Black eyed Susan, 1 yr. old Blueberry bush ....I like to pack them in :D

i have exactly this in my backyard. just 2 raised planters that are about the same size constructed of 4x4's.

i have some hibiscus and daylilies growing towards the ends of the planter . my plan is to fill the middle with my sad sad clematis and fill in the middle with some heuchera and lavender i think.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow Clematis and Irises already. My Clematis are all tangled this year because of high winds and bad weather at a crucial time in their growth. They won't be as even as they usually are and I should have blooms in about a week or so.

My pots are coming along ok. Took these pics. the other day.

Those are tomatoes in the tall blue pots. What the heck it will be fun. lol

Put a hosta in a pot. We'll see what happens.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Nice pics. walkonby , keep them coming
    @Patty ....your yard is to die for , love the blue theme

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Blue stuff is easy to find on special at the end of the season, no one wants it but me!!! LOL

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

...all the better for you then, the trellis at the back in the last pic.,.....isn't that a wrought iron head board that you posted about last year ....I hope I am right, don't have it in me to go back and read the thread , right now

I am planting some veggies in 1or 2 gallon pots as well, I have huge snails roaming my raised beds , plus I don't really have much room left ....hope i succeed with my Cherry tomatoes, red chillies, Okra etc., cucumbers need support to climb on ....

@anisa....give your Clematis some TLC and it'll be jumping next year , whenever I plant a new perennial I just plant annuals around it in the first year or two , because its usually small, as the clump develops I give it as much space as it needs .

Planted 2 Hydrangea bushes today , they are quite full, have buds , don't know what color blooms I'll get ....could be Blue or Pink or mixed , depending on the acidity of the soil

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh Patty!

I just love the space you have!! The layout looks so clean and inviting. I am curious about something though?? We have had a couple of these " shelter" style , gazebo/awning things over a few years get destroyed by winds in the past.
    Even the ones we had screwed down ( secured) to the wooden deck! The high winds just twisted the metal all up. Have you ever experienced high winds in your area that would threaten the stability of your set up there?
    Once the wind came up under one lightweight style thing we had and lifted it right up and into our neighbours yard!! I could hardly believe my eyes when I looked out the bedroom window and saw our tent next door.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information