User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Beautiful flowers, walkonby.
    Patty, your yard is gorgeous and so large - love the seating area!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes my awnings are always taking a beating and actually have many minor rips in them. They are screwedntot eh cemnet blocks and the oneon the deck is also screwed into the deck. The other night we had gusts of 90km and they took a terrible beating i have the legs tied with those plastic ties and the whole tarp moves up the legs and the velco at the top that holds it to the frame always comes out. Never had one blow away but in the winter the one we used to park the car under got ripped to shreds. We gave up on that one. I also put them up in mid-late May after the strongest heavy winds are done. Except for a few occasions like the other day lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Bumping for 2012 gardening season. I'm going to be starting my seeds under lights soon. Since I moved in the fall I haven't got any clue as to what my new yard is like. It snowed just before I moved. I have a feeling the previous owners had no flowers, no perrenials. There's a lot of shrubs and hedges and that's about it. I don't even know if I have a nice lawn or good soil yet. I'm switching my veggie garden to raised beds this year. I think I'll use galvanized horse troughs. My poor messed up back just can't take all the bending any more and raised beds are supposed to do much better anyways. The one sad part for me is my old flower beds contained lilies and irises from my sisters garden. She lives in another town. The flowers on my fathers coffin came from her flower beds and were so lovely so she dug some up and sent them home with me. Every spring I looked forward to their popping out of the ground, my own little memorial for my dad. But I get to start all anew here. I can't wait for the snow to go so I can go check out my yard!
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread Information