User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I hummed and hawed and procrastinated as much as I could thinking someone else would eventually do it .....since no one did , I have decided to start this thread dedicated to all things "gardening" ......there are quite a few of us here who are very much into it , yeah! the ones who got aching backs this weekend...but there must be others who love plants just as much , maybe in containers on balconies or African Violets on window sills.
    I would love to share your passion and pictures of what you have been upto , what you have already put in the ground , what's already blooming , tips, trouble-shooting etc. etc.,
    My lilacs are done , and now I have some Irises , Forget-me-nots, Fairy Queen spirea blooming.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by donnaG; Wed, May 26th, 2010 at 10:41 AM.
    http://www.clixsense.com/?4532002
    CLIXSENSE : made $850 in just one year

swagbucks.com/refer/donnaGontario
    SWAGBUCKS : earned $1450 so far

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Last edited by donnaG; Tue, May 25th, 2010 at 01:17 PM.

Trading Score
    106 (100%)

Donna, in the 1st pic, is that Sedum on the left (green & yellow leaves)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, pretty irises - I've never seen them that colour. Mine are the purple/blue ones - but they are just coming up.
    There's a thread for gardening pics - but maybe (I hope) this can be one more for comments, stories, advice, etc. - I was going to start one like that (mostly for advice, lol!)
    We had a rainy weekend, and so will the week ahead be - so no planting of annuals yet. I have a small plot in front of the house for flowers - with a few perennials, but I put in annuals. Also, I usually do six to eight container urns of annuals.
    But this year, weather has again delayed planting. Such is life on the prairies!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Rain has stopped which means that I am busy planting today....just put in my pepper garden, 6 or 3 varieties and a pack of marigolds to keep away the buggies I hope!!) Just came in to organize seeds for my main veggie garden!

Also going to try tonmato plants hanging upsdie down!! Has anyone done this before? Looks really neat so thought I'd do a few......

Unfortunately the neighbour is having siding done today which means LOTS of noise.....blah....on such a nice day (other than the wind but I hope that it helps dry the garden of th 22+ mm of rain we got last night so I can plant!!!

I also am determined this year to get me perrenial rock bed growing much better! Debating if I should add manure and peat or fertilize.....

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

How big does spirea get? Looks much prettier than I thought it would be! May have to look for some!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Those irises are very pretty! I have deep purple....I will try to get a picture posted!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blinkie View Post
    Blinkie, it looks like Euonomous to me....a gorgeous 'evergreen'...
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...26tbs%3Disch:1

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blinkie View Post

Yeah Blinkie , Lynn is right ....it is Euonymous , I have it in green, green and lighter green, green and white , and, green and yellow , they are quite overgrown , I'm pruning them one by one , there is hosta right beside the Irises , I'll take a pic. when its blooming , Hostas are excellent for shady spots and they come in very nice shades of golden as well as bluish hues along with different shades of green.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveFreeebies View Post
    How big does spirea get? Looks much prettier than I thought it would be! May have to look for some!!!
    Spirea can get quite big and bushy , mostly used as fence borders , beautiful in Ontario right about now , once done blooming its nice and colorful in fall, I have one small bush which I keep pruning

Edited the pics., Tinypic was acting up so used photobucket which gives no options for sizing

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Well I did manage to pinch a nerve in my back this past long weekend while I was turning my side garden up

My son bit the top off a strawberry and threw it in my garden 3 yrs ago. It rooted and took off the first year and got even crazier last year. This year I said it better do something or it's gone... sure enough it has lots of flowers on it! So can't wait to taste them!! Hopefully we can get to them before the neighbours kids do!

I Have large poppies and Mallow, tiger lilies and Balloon flowers growing right now.

I love flowers!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freeplease View Post
    Well I did manage to pinch a nerve in my back this past long weekend while I was turning my side garden up

My son bit the top off a strawberry and threw it in my garden 3 yrs ago. It rooted and took off the first year and got even crazier last year. This year I said it better do something or it's gone... sure enough it has lots of flowers on it! So can't wait to taste them!! Hopefully we can get to them before the neighbours kids do!

I Have large poppies and Mallow, tiger lilies and Balloon flowers growing right now.

I love flowers!
    Aww...I hope your back is feeling better now , gardening is hard work but the rewards are amazing .
    Re. strawberries....are you serious , wow! that's so crazy ....hope you have a bumper crop. Perennials generally take 3 years to establish.

Two things I'll never plant again ...mallow and raspberries , these 2 drove me crazy and took over everything else, but balloon flowers are pretty , don't have any at present, post pics if you can when they are blooming .

What kind of Poppies you have, annual or perennial? I want to grow some, maybe next year .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I find that things are about 10-14 days ahead of where they should be this year. It's been very unusual weather for May. I have already seen peonies in bud stage here and they are usually for fathers day.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

very nice!
    Search with SWAGBUCKS! Earn GIFTCARDS and PRIZES! www.swagbucks.com/refer/Marinela01
    Earn Amazon.com GCs with IRAZOO!http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=sharpie

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks Sharpie
    Yes Patty , everything is early , blame it on global warming I guess , instead of making snowmen until mid April ppl were flocking to tend their yards .So what will happen when every plant has already produced blooms and fruits much earlier .......probably a second inning with reblooming.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information